double elimation round 5 Darius

shmuppyLove

Re: double elimation round 5 Darius

Post by shmuppyLove »

ACSeraph wrote:You guys still win the Best Team Sig competition :lol:
Now we have our own!

Damn it's too high for a signature though ...

Also it's too small, but the kanji on the shotglass is "dream" 8)
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Haha that's great we gotta figure out how to crop/resize it :lol:

What's the little dude in the pilot seat? I see it moving but I can't make out what it is.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

shmuppyLove wrote:It's no clear, but it gives us a team score of over 5M 8)
Let's make that 6M

Also what the fuck, this course is ridiculously easy compared to my Great Thing clear and gives like 800k more points without even milking stuff. This may be my top score, but I am vastly more proud of the top course Z clear. I literally laughed when my nemesis Fatty Glutton died in literally two seconds before he was even able to spit out a second pirahna. In the top course you have to clear with the laser, so that fight was about 3-4 minutes of total hell. I'm pretty sure Fatty G shoots faster too.
GimmeClassics

Post by GimmeClassics »

Tournament standings have been updated > link

Only six hours left to submit your hi-score !! > countdown link

Still waiting for your hi-score submission...:
Blinge
Yazhpier
Hiki

Good luck everyone :)
Hiki

Post by Hiki »

Hiki - 3262420
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

ACSeraph wrote:Haha that's great we gotta figure out how to crop/resize it :lol:

What's the little dude in the pilot seat? I see it moving but I can't make out what it is.
Ok I made a 50px high version, it's so tiny!

Nothing's moving in the pilot seat ... I think you've been staring at your monitor too long :lol:
Yazphier

Post by Yazphier »

and here we go,
Yazphier - 3812840 - ACFIMRX - ALL
never managed to kill glutton with laser on a real run..
.... O.o ...Image
Image Image
replays and inps
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

Alright, sorry for the last minute submission, but I've been feverishly playing this for the past few hours.

The story is that on Saturday I was at JWS' house and cleared the game, at the time my score was higher than Seraph's so we agreed to sit on it for a while and see if I could do any better, at this time thinking we had it in the bag, I even had my douchey celebration gif ready to go.. ;].

Then homing shotglass continued to beat our combined score, so i didn't bother submitting.... until I got a better score, which happened tonight

http://i.imgur.com/DpfAFSd.png

Blinge - 4,538,080
Sorry- I'll crop it later, having computer issues and I wanna go to sleep..

PS:
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Holy shit dude!

Fucking amazing, standing ovation seriously! You deserve the win, congrats. It's been a great week.

I assume you did X course? I spent way too much time in Z I think, only to find out at the last second X was superior for scoring (under normal non-crazy Japanese people conditions).

You have taken on a responsibility by destroying us though. I expect nothing less than total victory at Sexy Parodius; do not fail us. The spirit of Homing Shotglass lives on within you.
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

ACSeraph wrote:
I assume you did X course? I spent way too much time in Z I think, only to find out at the last second X was superior for scoring (under normal non-crazy Japanese people conditions).

You have taken on a responsibility by destroying us though. I expect nothing less than total victory at Sexy Parodius; do not fail us. The spirit of Homing Shotglass lives on within you.
I'm not sure about deserving the win.. I knew JWS wouldn't be able to play last night to beat shmuppy's score, so in order to squeeze as much score out of my run I had to play dirty. In fact, it was your post about doing the route without milking that gave me the idea to try milking.. And milk I did- first, second, final boss.

Yeah the route was ABDHMRX. The first time I reached the end was on a different route, against the seahorse boss which utterly wrecked me, fast. So when i found Mr Octopus I knew I had to stick with him. So last night I sucked ass for hours until finally clearing the game again and still not beating your score. So it was my final attempt really that I must've got lucky with the silver orbs, and found a 1-up on the asteroid stage, and X stage. (they're in the ground, just after jutting out rocks in both cases). So I reached Octopus with 5 lives in stock and knew i had to milk it for all it's worth as I'm not aware of any end game bonuses for having lives in stock.
So yeah.. the final boss music is now ingrained in my head forever because 4 lives worth of milking until the inevitable choke.

Haha I don't know about carrying your spirit! I'm awful at Sexy Parodius o_0
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Blinge wrote:I'm not sure about deserving the win.. I knew JWS wouldn't be able to play last night to beat shmuppy's score, so in order to squeeze as much score out of my run I had to play dirty. In fact, it was your post about doing the route without milking that gave me the idea to try milking.. And milk I did- first, second, final boss.
Believe me you deserve it. I was very impressed by the effort you showed to keep up with me. You must have wanted it really bad to fight so hard to the bitter end, and I really respect that.

But let me make something very clear...

Spoiler
This is how you milk.

Blinge

Post by Blinge »

lmao. OOOOHHHH Image

I won't respond in kind, don't wanna get in a pissing contest with King Darius himself..
besides, I have the ongoing competition to focus on 8)

I'm definitely going to check out the rest of the series though, this one really grew on me

Also: wave shot? u pussy..
(it's not like I never managed to pick up enough red orbs to get wave shot or anything)
GimmeClassics

Post by GimmeClassics »

Final results Double Elimination Round 5 > link

Those teams who have lost their second match during Elimination Round 5 are now out of competition. Thank you for having joined and played in our contest. Maybe until next ime :)

Please look at this post for info about Double Elimination Round 6
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Blinge wrote:I'm definitely going to check out the rest of the series though, this one really grew on me

Also: wave shot? u pussy..
(it's not like I never managed to pick up enough red orbs to get wave shot or anything)
In X course the wave shot is actually unnecessary, because you don't have to deal with a lot of tight closed in areas. That's one of the reasons it's so much easier than Z, because there's no need to fight Fatty Glutton with the laser. Also Octopussy.

By the way were you ever actually able to kill Green Coronatus in W?

Anyhow definitely try out more stuff in the series. Darius Gaiden auto-off is an awesome place to start, and I also recently wrote a thorough guide for Darius II if you are interested in that one. Now that's a clear you can be really proud of. Takes way more dedication than any of the courses in the first game.

Good luck in the next round!
Blinge

Post by Blinge »

ACSeraph wrote: By the way were you ever actually able to kill Green Coronatus in W?

Darius Gaiden auto-off is an awesome place to start, and I also recently wrote a thorough guide for Darius II if you are interested in that one. Now that's a clear you can be really proud of. Takes way more dedication than any of the courses in the first game.
Nah I didn't manage it, only reached it twice anyway. The speed of that pattern combined with the pressure of those homing shots.. ugh.
Why the auto-off? I'm not really into needless tapping. Haha, well I am rather proud of my first Darius clear actually - it's my first no miss clear of any shmup.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Blinge wrote:Why the auto-off? I'm not really into needless tapping. Haha, well I am rather proud of my first Darius clear actually - it's my first no miss clear of any shmup.
I didn't mean it that way, definitely be proud of your Darius clear too, doubly so of the score you managed. Just saying that Darius II is on a whole different level. I never felt so good after finally clearing a game.

Auto-off because the auto-fire cheat breaks Darius Gaiden. It actually has a built in slower auto-fire, so it's not really a case of constant tapping anyhow. It's more like, when really meaty enemies and bosses show up mashing can help you deal more damage to them. For most of the game the standard slower autofire is fine, and the game is clearly designed around it. The cheat causes the auto rate to bump up to zero delay, far far faster than any person can tap. It cuts through everything like butter and makes the game mindlessly easy. The game loses most of its charm with the cheat enabled imo.