DoDonPachi (New Thread)

ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

Morden's score has been removed for the sake of some posters here.

As for making separate score table for Saturn version vs. MAME / Arcade version, well... I would do that, but it'd be a pain-in-the-ass process since nobody stated which version they're playing on.
Last edited by ArrogantBastard on Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

maybe you could hand out your password so people could modify it themselves. :)
I have no sig whatsoever.
ArrogantBastard

Oh, yeah... That's a great idea!

My password: ............
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

ArrogantBastard wrote:Oh, yeah... That's a great idea!

My password: ............
it doesn't work :?

are you sure its ............? maybe you forgot some periods? :wink:
I have no sig whatsoever.
it290

Post by it290 »

I think the MAME version is the main culprit as far as easier difficulty, at least according to NTSC-J . Check this thread for reference:

http://forum.shmups.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1407

Anyway, it's not really a big deal to me, I just thought it might be a good idea to list the platform for future scores, especially since this is a new thread.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

it290 wrote: Anyway, it's not really a big deal to me, I just thought it might be a good idea to list the platform for future scores, especially since this is a new thread.
I wasn't aware that the PSX port of DDP has a slowdown button. So yeah, may be nice to also list platform along with score. My scores are PCB based.
Gakidou

Post by Gakidou »

Gakidou - 38.138.140 - C-S - 1-6 - 274 Hit - MAME32

Didn't know about the slowdown button in PS1-DDP either, even though I own that version and have played it extensively (reason I don't play on it now is beacause at the moment I don't have a TV available). Did know there is WAIT ON though, maybe that's what you mean? Anyway, if there truly is a slowdown button, using it is obviously cheating. The WAIT ON-option is in my opinion okay though, since all it does is try to emulate the slowdown of the arcade version.
Last edited by Gakidou on Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it290

Post by it290 »

I haven't played the PSX version, but I don't think there is a slowdown button. I think that poster was just referring to the wait option, which I also have no problem with.

The main issue, as I see it, is that the MAME version supposedly actually runs slower than the PCB. However, I have no experience with the PCB to confirm. Perhaps Dave_K or someone else with access to the PCB can compare vs. the latest version of MAME and let us know?
BR1

Post by BR1 »

it290 wrote:I haven't played the PSX version, but I don't think there is a slowdown button. I think that poster was just referring to the wait option, which I also have no problem with.

The main issue, as I see it, is that the MAME version supposedly actually runs slower than the PCB. However, I have no experience with the PCB to confirm. Perhaps Dave_K or someone else with access to the PCB can compare vs. the latest version of MAME and let us know?
I've played the MAME version hundreds of times and dozens the PCB's.
IMHO the two versions aren't that different.
But I've never compared them 'in real time', so there can be something different...
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

I've got the saturn version and I've used mame and don't think there is enough difference there to warrant needing to list what version you use
Crunch

Post by Crunch »

ArrogantBastard wrote:
Crunch wrote:yay did alright this run

Crunch - 26,016,072 - C-S - 6 - 422
I didn't add your score because you don't have a '0' at your last digit, which means you used no continues and used only ONE credit.
Ok, improved it anyways but with a terrible chain :¥

Crunch - 29,629,940 - C-S - 6 - 286
Gakidou

Post by Gakidou »

Gakidou - 41.360.850 - C-S - 1-6 - 294 Hit - MAME32

NRS

Post by NRS »

FINALLY!

NRS - 30,781,400 - C-S - 1-ALL - 283 Hit (played in MAME32)

The Stage 6 boss battle was a complete bombfest, but I'm so happy that I've finally put this game down (well, 1st round anyway).

Now to work on ESP rade!

ArrogantBastard

Updated.
sffan

Post by sffan »

PS1 version.

sffan - 9,955,250 - B-L - Area 1-5 - Max Hit 131

I just got the PS1 port, and it seems like a whole new game compared to mame. I'm really digging it. This score is from today, about 5 minutes ago. I had gotten better scores in mame long ago, but I'm sticking to the PS1 for now.
SHOOT IT QUICKLY !
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

sffan wrote: I just got the PS1 port, and it seems like a whole new game compared to mame. I'm really digging it. This score is from today, about 5 minutes ago. I had gotten better scores in mame long ago, but I'm sticking to the PS1 for now.
On the PS1 port, is there a button you can hold down to slow down the game to dodge stuff easier? (Not saying you are doing that, but herd rumors of this functionality in the PS1 port of the game...)
Salem Witch Trials!

DDP 1CC

Post by Salem Witch Trials! »

1CC With C-S. Does anyone else think this game is easier than DP if you're just doing survival.
Chopper time :wink:
Smraedis

Re: DDP 1CC

Post by Smraedis »

Salem Witch Trials! wrote:Does anyone else think this game is easier than DP if you're just doing survival.
Well 6 bombs for the last few ships = easy survival. :)
sffan

Post by sffan »

Dave_K. wrote:
sffan wrote: I just got the PS1 port, and it seems like a whole new game compared to mame. I'm really digging it. This score is from today, about 5 minutes ago. I had gotten better scores in mame long ago, but I'm sticking to the PS1 for now.
On the PS1 port, is there a button you can hold down to slow down the game to dodge stuff easier? (Not saying you are doing that, but herd rumors of this functionality in the PS1 port of the game...)
I am unaware of this.
SHOOT IT QUICKLY !
sffan

Post by sffan »

New score, PS1:

sffan - 11,228,750 - B-L - Area 5 - Max Hit 142
SHOOT IT QUICKLY !
sffan

Post by sffan »

I discovered the slowdown button while experimenting after I knew I was going to quit a run. I haven't used it since, and I don't plan to. It's mapped at an inconvenient button right now anyway, so it would be hard to fire and slowdown simultaneously unless I grew an extra finger, and I don't plan to. New score anyway:

sffan - 12,496,200 - B-L - Area 5 - Max hit 100 - PS1
SHOOT IT QUICKLY !
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

sffan wrote:I discovered the slowdown button while experimenting after I knew I was going to quit a run. I haven't used it since, and I don't plan to. It's mapped at an inconvenient button right now anyway, so it would be hard to fire and slowdown simultaneously unless I grew an extra finger, and I don't plan to. New score anyway:

Interesting...thanks for confirming it! I guess its not configurable (remappable to a different button) then?
sffan

Post by sffan »

Dave_K. wrote:
sffan wrote:I discovered the slowdown button while experimenting after I knew I was going to quit a run. I haven't used it since, and I don't plan to. It's mapped at an inconvenient button right now anyway, so it would be hard to fire and slowdown simultaneously unless I grew an extra finger, and I don't plan to. New score anyway:

Interesting...thanks for confirming it! I guess its not configurable (remappable to a different button) then?
It is configurable. I just have it on default (L1) which would be convenient on a Sony Dualshock because it's a trigger, but on my "Sega Playstation" controller L1 is a button. I don't want to remap it to a trigger because then it would be easier to use, and I don't want to be tempted.
SHOOT IT QUICKLY !
MJR

Post by MJR »

This is the best I have ever managed to squeeze from the Ps1 version:

MJR 28,278,900 - B-S - Area 6 - max hit 211

Dunno but I felt it was easier on mame..
Salem Witch Trials!

Oh dip son

Edit Again:

Died towards the end of 2-4

And this made me reeeally happy:
No Bombs :) I died at the last pattern of the last boss. I'm gonna get this soon, but that pattern is MEAN!
Redfield1

Post by Redfield1 »

I own a DoDonPachi PCB since few weeks, i need more practice! :)

... Redfield1 ...
Salem Witch Trials!

Woo-hoo #3!

Got the extra life in 2-3 so that helped me get to 2-5.

Does anyone know the U.S. record for this? I know this isn't it, but 1st place on here is from Italy and 2nd place is from Calgary Canada, so I was very curious...

--Jason
BR1

Post by BR1 »

Salem Witch Trials! wrote:Woo-hoo #3!

Got the extra life in 2-3 so that helped me get to 2-5.

Does anyone know the U.S. record for this? I know this isn't it, but 1st place on here is from Italy and 2nd place is from Calgary Canada, so I was very curious...

--Jason
Bernard Doria owns us all! ;) :D

By the way: congratulations for the score! :wink:
Salem Witch Trials!

Thanks for the congrats, I saw your replay video and I'm definitely jealous of your level 4 goodness. My strategy in level 4 is basically to have a full bomb stock and dont use any. I can't chain that level at all.

About Bernard Doria, do you know what his score is? I googled the name and it was a guy talking about how Hibachi takes 13 bombs to beat ( :?: ), so I didn't think that could be the right guy. Maybe he got a lot better since he wrote that (In June i think).

Cheers :D

EDIT: Holy crap nevermind, he's the guy who wrote the beepreying guide. Wow. Still curious about his score though. Has he beaten the true last boss yet?
BR1

Post by BR1 »

Salem Witch Trials! wrote:Thanks for the congrats, I saw your replay video and I'm definitely jealous of your level 4 goodness. My strategy in level 4 is basically to have a full bomb stock and dont use any. I can't chain that level at all.

About Bernard Doria, do you know what his score is? I googled the name and it was a guy talking about how Hibachi takes 13 bombs to beat ( :?: ), so I didn't think that could be the right guy. Maybe he got a lot better since he wrote that (In June i think).

Cheers :D

EDIT: Holy crap nevermind, he's the guy who wrote the beepreying guide. Wow. Still curious about his score though. Has he beaten the true last boss yet?
He never posted a score or a video, but I'm pretty sure he's the best western DDP player. Once he told me his ultimate goal was a new DDP world record (actual is 740+M). :o :o :lol: :lol: