DoDonPachi (New Thread)

Vin45

Post by Vin45 »

Vin45 - 18,587,620 - C-S - 1-5 - 159 - mame

not so great, just started getting into these a few weeks ago
BUHA

Post by BUHA »

I've been working on getting 50mil with no such luck. I really should have 50million by now but I don't! here's my best effort so far.

Buha - 45,166,720 - Ship C - Shot - Area 6 - Max Hit 368 - MAME
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

Edge wrote:After some hours experimenting with save states in Mame...
OT: Which version of Mame are you guys using? I would really like to be able to practice certain bosses and sections of levels but when I try to use save states in DP or DDP I get an error saying something like "Unable to save due to anomalous timers". :?

I've tried Mame, MamePlus, and Mame32 and they all give me the same error.
Peace Through Violence
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

BUHA wrote:I've been working on getting 50mil with no such luck. I really should have 50million by now but I don't! here's my best effort so far.

Buha - 45,166,720 - Ship C - Shot - Area 6 - Max Hit 368 - MAME
But with 368 max hit , you should be granted the second loop (for C ship), when you finish level 6 that is....then you will clear 50M.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Shalashaska wrote:
Edge wrote:After some hours experimenting with save states in Mame...
OT: Which version of Mame are you guys using? I would really like to be able to practice certain bosses and sections of levels but when I try to use save states in DP or DDP I get an error saying something like "Unable to save due to anomalous timers". :?

I've tried Mame, MamePlus, and Mame32 and they all give me the same error.
I was getting that error from Mameplus after version .99, but I'm now that I'm using .101u5 they turned it on again, but the games seem to lock up more often now with savestates. .102u5 seems to be the latest, I'd try working with that first.
http://www3.emu-zone.org/host/mameplus/
BUHA

Post by BUHA »

Dave K:

I haven't even been to the 6th boss in a while, let along get close to beating him!

With the score tricks I know and if I play at my full potential I should be able to get 50M in the first loop. I just keep blowing it!
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

Dave_K. wrote:I was getting that error from Mameplus after version .99, but I'm now that I'm using .101u5 they turned it on again, but the games seem to lock up more often now with savestates. .102u5 seems to be the latest, I'd try working with that first.
Hmmm, well I'm using .102u5 but still get the same error. Maybe I should revert back to an older version until the error is fixed (or maybe it's just something wrong with me/my computer).

Anyway, thanks for the reply and info.
Peace Through Violence
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

Hiya, had a few games for fun over the last few days, and this came out of nowhere..

Smraedis - 54,593,590 - C-S - 2-1 - 353

Only just beats my old best of 54.321m too.
BUHA

Post by BUHA »

BUHA - 47,430,130 - C-S - max hit 286 - area 6

Slowly working up to 50mil
ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

Updated.
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

New score

MOSQUITO FIGHTER - 22,526,370 - A-S - 1-6 - 185 - Saturn
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

I just got the PSX version of this game so I guess I might as well throw up a score.

Shalashaska - 31,928,670 - A-L - 1-6 - 188 - PSX

The timing in this port really is a bit different in some areas which leads to lots of broken chains. :cry: The lack of slowdown changes the game up too.
Peace Through Violence
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Have you tried turning on the "wait" option? You have to pause mid-game to do so, otherwise the game runs a bit too fast. I had the same problem at first, until someone else here (I think it was SAM) clued me in.
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

Edged ahead of ya Mosquito Fighter! Just!! :D

Moving Target 22'603'920 C-S 1-5 216 RE-EDIT: Arcade version saturn format :oops:

If I could just make it past the multiple red needle shooting green ships in stage 3 without dying I could drastically improve my score I think, also other stupid deaths early on are common for me. I always seem to switch on in stage 5, love that stage. I do a lot better in some of the boss fights if I actually stop firing during problematic bullet waves, helps me learn them better... and stay alive longer.

If ever there was a game I'd want to master over all others its DoDonpachi, its a fine game indeed. A masterpiece.
Last edited by MovingTarget on Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Know thy enemy attack pattern.
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Wow man that was quick. Close call too. Thought I had you there.

I'm not too bad at stage 3 chaning aside. The only part that gives me trouble is the last row of those green ships which I can usually get through by staying to the far side of the screen. Stage 3 boss is not too difficult to me. Stage 2 boss seems to give me a more difficult time. Keep on dying at the tank boss pattern with the thinly spaced blue bullets. Which must be avoided to keep the bomb multiplier bonus through stage 3. I need to figure out a way to save more bombs for stage 6. I've gotta clear this game.
Gopher's Ambition

Post by Gopher's Ambition »

14 Million (sorry, don't have the exact number) 1-4, Type A-L, Mame

I died right at the beginning of level 4... and I can usually one life the level :( I guess the pressure got to me... usually the artillery of the level 3 boss gets me (can't seem to destroy the sidearms quickly enough). Those de-cloaking ships mess me up with their uber slow shots too.

I used to be a C-S or C-L player, but I gave A-L a try, and haven't gone back since. For me, the speed just can't be beat when faced with those massive bullet storms that get chucked at you during the last 3 levels. I once one-lifed the first 2-3rds of level 5 (on my second credit), but lost it at those blasted spread turrets just before the missile launching corvettes (can beat them now... but...)

About Mame: after version 0.99 (I think), they switched to a different method of savestates. The switch was made because the old one was very buggy (for most games, you needed a blank screen to load one, or you'd get graphical anomolies). However, in doing this, a lot of games no longer worked with savestates, since the new method requires specific programming for each individual game to work.

So basically you'll need an old version to use them.
ave

Post by ave »

aventus - 9,723,580 - Ship A (red), Laser - Area 4

I have it since yesterday and .. what a hell of a good game! I am also very delighted that the red Laser looks just like in DDP3 =)
I don't play it for score as you may have noticed on my score. My highest combo is 140 in Stage 2.

If I would have survived only 10s longer, the STG4-Boss were dead and I'd have a score of ~11m >_>

PS: I used bombs :oops: :oops: :oops:
THE ETERNAL
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

MOSQUITO FIGHTER wrote:Wow man that was quick. Close call too. Thought I had you there.

I'm not too bad at stage 3 chaning aside. The only part that gives me trouble is the last row of those green ships which I can usually get through by staying to the far side of the screen. Stage 3 boss is not too difficult to me. Stage 2 boss seems to give me a more difficult time. Keep on dying at the tank boss pattern with the thinly spaced blue bullets. Which must be avoided to keep the bomb multiplier bonus through stage 3. I need to figure out a way to save more bombs for stage 6. I've gotta clear this game.

Its the last set of green ships that normally catches me out too, the previous ones you can take care of by destroying the accompanying large ships which clears the bullets. After playing espgaluda I'm finding the boss fights much easier, theres only one of the last waves on the stage 2 boss(the very fast spread of pink and blue bullets) that catches me out, 3 is fine, I sometimes have to use a bomb at a late part of stage 4 but the boss I can handle. The stage 5 boss I cant handle same with 6, theres a few patterns I cant even begin to comprehend.

If I can hold it together to stage 5 I know I can do well, its just silly mistakes trying to chain early on, loss of concentration etc Hopefully I'll have a new score up tonight... :wink:
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Look out MovingTarget! :D

MOSQUITO FIGHTER - 23,433,150 - A-S - 1-6 - 155 - Saturn

Almost dropped the boss. One more bomb and I would have cleared the game. :cry: That last patten is so tough to hang with.
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

Well done man, I'll be back at it tonite, last night was a disaster. Too greedy on early stages etc which is where I get most of the points. I did manage to get a no miss and no bomb goin to stage 3 boss, with a large chain from stage 1 also, but spoke to soon about the stage 4 boss, died there like 3 times.
ave

Post by ave »

aventus - 12,245,380 - Type A-L - Area 4 - Saturn-Mode

Do you play Saturn or Arcade-Mode? I think Saturn-Mode is easier, isn't it?
THE ETERNAL
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

Arcade mode always, i add saturn next to my score because its on the saturn.... maybe that was misleading.... Anyhow my last score is in arcade mode.
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

YES FINALLY! :D

MOSQUITO FIGHTER - 24,795,000 - A-S - 1-ALL - 143 - Saturn version in arcade mode

Had a few bombs left too. Time to start some decent chains and get the second loop. HA HA HA!
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

Congrats! :D
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

Getting back into some DDP - trying to get the second loop, although no joy yet.

Minor score improvement;

freddiebamboo - 43,152,010 - C-S - 1-ALL - 215
MrMonkeyMan

Post by MrMonkeyMan »

This came out of nowhere.

MrMonkeyMan - 120'484'130 - A-L - 2-5 - 406 Hit

No miss, no bomb until somewhere in the 6th stage. I managed to no miss the first loop. I don't think I'll manage to no bomb stage 5 again anytime soon...
ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

Updated.
Neon

Post by Neon »

Neon 22'860'180 C-S 1-6

Not one, not two, but three stupid, full-bombstock deaths. I reckon I'll have it cleared by the end of the week ^_^
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

New score..

Smraedis - 59,037,110 - C-S - 2-2 - 403
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

and another..

Smraedis - 67,393,380 - C-S - 2-3 - 338

I ended up going a little shaky on stage 2-3, didn't get many points from the bullet cancelers..