Mushihimesama Futari 1.5, Black Label, Another Version!

Softdrink 117

Re: Mushihimesama Futari Ver1.5 & Black Label 2013!

Post by Softdrink 117 »

Mind = Blown. :shock:

Damn Gus, awesome work.
1CC List | youtube | twitch
I love Ibara.
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

Conglaturation! You are winner! :)
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

Huge congrats man! I'm glad to see that you finally got the counter stop clear! Man is destined to pass away at some point but a high score is eternal.

Looking forward to seeing this on STGWeekly! :)
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Well, he could always try it with Reco, though I think it'd be best to settle with this. And there's the possibility of ESPGaluda II with Asagi that I remember him mentioning.

But I'd love to see how he'd do in some other games.

Congrats.

Did it upload to the leaderboard, or did you do this on the Arcade leaderboard to make sure it'd upload?
Acid_Rain

Post by Acid_Rain »

AntiFritz wrote:
Gus wrote:Version 1.5 - Xbox 360 - Ultra - Palm
GUS - 3,999,999,999 - ALL (Lx0) - Abnormal

Ultra's beauty and ability to please a man far outshines any woman, but she is a bitch. She is a very sadistic bitch who desires for anyone who meets her to suffer in the worst way possible. And that is why I love her.
Counter-stop and ALL? You really are incredible. Congrats.
Congrats :shock:

Any video of this run?
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Chaos Phoenixma wrote:Well, he could always try it with Reco, though I think it'd be best to settle with this. And there's the possibility of ESPGaluda II with Asagi that I remember him mentioning.

But I'd love to see how he'd do in some other games.

Congrats.

Did it upload to the leaderboard, or did you do this on the Arcade leaderboard to make sure it'd upload?
It's on the xbox 360 leaderboard, I watched it myself earlier.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Gus wrote:Version 1.5 - Xbox 360 - Ultra - Palm
GUS - 3,999,999,999 - ALL (Lx0) - Abnormal

Ultra's beauty and ability to please a man far outshines any woman, but she is a bitch. She is a very sadistic bitch who desires for anyone who meets her to suffer in the worst way possible. And that is why I love her.
That is a very big and impressive achievement Gus. Ultra represents a special kind of maximum danmaku difficulty, and you, an English-speaking member of shmups.com, counter stopped it. I really want to see the run!
Last edited by PROMETHEUS on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Fantastic work Gus. Did you do that after you busted your 360 pad? :shock:

I'm excited for which game you want to tackle next. While I'm not a particular fan of it, I know you said you were interested in ESPGaluda II, and I'm preparing myself to see what you can do with that one. :wink:
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Damn Gus, this is really impressive. To keep at it after getting the counterstop, to me, is even more impressive than if you had just cleared it the first time you counterstopped the game. You definietly inspire us to get to a higher level of familiarity with this game.

The replay was excellent, and I'm glad to see it ended up adding your clear over your prior CS.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Taking back God Mode next?
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Gus

Post by Gus »

Thanks people. Here's some stats I took. Not completely accurate as these are only the days I bothered logging, and only since March. Hours played also doesn't count the 2 hours a day I usually spent in practice mode.

Hours played (full runs only): 184
Stage 3 restarts: 104
Stage 4 restarts: 36
Pre-Larsa Stage 5 restarts: 35
Larsa restarts: 5

My controller also broke a few days before the counterstop clear. I got a new one overnight delivered and I was even more miserable than usual that day when I couldn't play.

To keep going after a counterstop clear in such a badly designed game doesn't go along with conventional logic, but Ultra is a game that defies logic. When I watch CHUBOW stream and show off his breathtaking stage 3 or spend hours trying to NMNB the stage 2 midboss when he knows it would probably lower his score I realize there is something about playing Ultra at this level that goes deeper than just score. There's a lot of things left for me to improve like how I could be milking the stage 2 boss better, or how my stage 3 is pretty shitty in general, or that horrible stage 4 boss death, or how my stage 5 needs some work. I can't imagine myself quitting this artform at this point.
endoKarb

Post by endoKarb »

Gus wrote:When I watch CHUBOW stream and show off his breathtaking stage 3 or spend hours trying to NMNB the stage 2 midboss when he knows it would probably lower his score I realize there is something about playing Ultra at this level that goes deeper than just score. There's a lot of things left for me to improve like how I could be milking the stage 2 boss better, or how my stage 3 is pretty shitty in general, or that horrible stage 4 boss death, or how my stage 5 needs some work. I can't imagine myself quitting this artform at this point.
Very fascinating.

Best of luck on your future runs then, and congratulations on your current success.
"Compendaria res improbitas, virtus longa."
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

Updated. debated listing the ultra clear as a "motherfucking all" but decided against it.
Gus wrote:To keep going after a counterstop clear in such a badly designed game doesn't go along with conventional logic, but Ultra is a game that defies logic. When I watch CHUBOW stream and show off his breathtaking stage 3 or spend hours trying to NMNB the stage 2 midboss when he knows it would probably lower his score I realize there is something about playing Ultra at this level that goes deeper than just score. There's a lot of things left for me to improve like how I could be milking the stage 2 boss better, or how my stage 3 is pretty shitty in general, or that horrible stage 4 boss death, or how my stage 5 needs some work. I can't imagine myself quitting this artform at this point.
The number can't get any bigger. Move on my man. SDOJ 1.5 Expert would make a waifu befitting your skill set, me thinks.
japanesesuperplayer

Post by japanesesuperplayer »

Version 1.5 - PCB - Ultra - Palm
JPS - 1,506,813 - Stage 1 - Abnormal

This game is really good! Here's a starting score for now.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Hey Gus, I recall you mentioning some insane Palm God replay in the Ultra STG Weekly episode, and I was wondering if you had it/know where I can view it? I've been learning a lot from your 4m replay on the Leaderboards, but having another replay to cross-reference might give me some fresh ideas.
Gus

Post by Gus »

That would be this.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Gus wrote:That would be this.
Jesus, that run :shock:

Thanks man. I'll practice more tonight, and post a score if I can manage something less embarassing than the 790m I've got so far :oops:
japanesesuperplayer

JPS - 1,655,671 - Stage 1 - Abnormal

Almost 10% score increase!!

Version 1.5 - PCB - Original - Reco
JPS - 37,450,753 - Stage 3 - Abnormal

Looks like everyone's all the best scores are with Reco, so I decided to use abnormal since she's faster. Doing pretty good so far I think, stage 3 is ridiculous though, how are you supposed to get past that?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

japanesesuperplayer wrote:Looks like everyone's all the best scores are with Reco, so I decided to use abnormal since she's faster. Doing pretty good so far I think, stage 3 is ridiculous though, how are you supposed to get past that?
Reco Abnormal's very difficult to use. She's strong, but only when you know what you're doing, as her laser shot (the one where she moves faster) does almost no damage at all if you're just hitting with Kiniro's main beam. All the damage from the laser comes from getting close enough to the enemy to lock-on with the smaller beetles, and they lose their lock-on every time a boss changes phase or you stop lasering, so compared to the other characters who can sit at the bottom of the screen safely and use their shots at full power, you often need to get closer to enemies to lock-on otherwise Reco Abnormal's laser shot is doing very little damage.

Stage 3 isn't so bad really, the second half after the midboss can be dealt with via tapdodges as the woodlice shots are all aimed at you, and throwing a bomb or two isn't going to hurt you resource-wise if you have to.
japanesesuperplayer

I dunno, she seems like a good beginner shot type. Put in another credit and got to stage 5 with her. The first section of stage 3 seems harder than after the midboss too. Used 4 bombs before the midboss this time and didn't die or bomb until the boss.

JPS - 81,052,036 - Stage 5 - Abnormal
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Black Label - 360 - Original - Palm
Dunpeal - 446,681,708 - Stage 5 (Boss)

Edit: Alright, this one is a little better:

Black Label - 360 - Original - Palm
Dunpeal - 564,241,857 - ALL (Lx3)

japanesesuperplayer

JPS - 2,228,475 - Stage 1 - Abnormal

Decided to get back to ultra. Making some progress now.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

So stoked to get on the scoreboard! I figured if I couldn't get it with Reco, why not try Palm? Yay Palm.

Black Label - Xbox 360 - Original - Palm
Frenetic - 326,606,773 - ALL (Lx0)
japanesesuperplayer

JPS - 127,027,352 - Stage 5 - Abnormal

I got the second extend!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

updated!
Palgork

Post by Palgork »

My 1268M run on Original Black Label his now available on Youtube : here
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Black Label - PCB - Original - Palm
Aquas - 720,???,??? - ALL - Lx?

Reject it if you must. But I have people who can vouch for me. Pretty sure it's 722M but I'll notch myself down to be on the "safe" side.

Black Label - X360 - Original - Reco
Aquas - 763,228,532 - ALL - Lx2

Somewhat frustrating finish to this run. No-missed, no-bombed up untill the last stretch of stage 5 but I got trapped by fever bullets at the top of the screen. Then died twice on Larsa.

For the record, PCB has less slowdown than the port. Pretty apparent to me after playing on PCB's the last couple of weeks.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Damn, nice score Aquas. I've already had difficulty toppling your other score, so thanks for making that even higher :P
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Thanks :) The next step is learning the best places to get the shed gems because fever mode (10,000+ counter) is basically the best part about Original Mode Black Label and right now it's only coming if I NMNB up to the mid of stage 5, about.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

Aquas wrote:
For the record, PCB has less slowdown than the port. Pretty apparent to me after playing on PCB's the last couple of weeks.
yep, same for the 1.5 too. I hardly reach my usual score on the PCB while i'm pretty constant with high scores on the port.

i'm pretty sure it's the same on DDP Saidaioujou too....