TRP-STGT Week 2: Gun Frontier

trap15

Re: TRP-STGT Week 2: Gun Frontier

Post by trap15 »

Sorry, you've missed the submission deadline by 30 minutes.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Deca

Post by Deca »

1CC List To miss is human; to rank control, divine.
“Fly to live and shoot ‘em all!” – Manabu Namiki
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

EmperorIng wrote:it took me a while to realize that the whole game is just two revolvers taped together.
it explains so much
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

My greatest achievement to date

The next suicide extend would be at 820,000, which I doubt is possible to reach, due to the ship speed and the fact that stage 1 is one fragment short of giving a third bomb. As for autofire, it doesn't appear to raise rank that quickly; even sitting right at the top of the screen and holding down the fire button wherever possible makes only a gradual difference, while missing more shots than any normal credit would.
Live to fly, fly to live, it's all very orthodox
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

the rank isn't increased cart-blanche by autofire, but rather, the number of shots fired. At least, that's how I think it works.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

DoubleThink wrote:My greatest achievement to date

The next suicide extend would be at 820,000, which I doubt is possible to reach, due to the ship speed and the fact that stage 1 is one fragment short of giving a third bomb. As for autofire, it doesn't appear to raise rank that quickly; even sitting right at the top of the screen and holding down the fire button wherever possible makes only a gradual difference, while missing more shots than any normal credit would.
Does suiciding near the end of the first stage for extra bomb fragments give you enough of a bump in bombs? The increased rate of fragments per life might overcome the fact that you're losing lives without picking up points for extends. There's enough in those big tanks (2 fragments each) to let you leave the stage with 4 bombs and at least enough more fragments to be well on the way towards a full bonus stock (so you could pick up another bomb early; I assume the max stock is 4).
Nifty

Post by Nifty »

Unfortunately that wouldn't allow for any more sets of blue ships to be bombed on initial stock (five in a row) than currently, giving a return of only 10K per suicide. The most likely improvement I could think of was to bomb the rock at the start of stage 1 and try to finish the fourth set on stage 2 with only a few fragments, but the bomb is so small that the most I can hit is three ships, drawing even.
Live to fly, fly to live, it's all very orthodox