Mushihimesama Futari Ver1.5 & Black Label

Emuser

Re: Mushihimesama Futari Ver1.5 & Black Label

Post by Emuser »

Just watched this ab.reco replay. Unfucking believable that he pulled it off.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Yeah, definitely one of the most impressive clears I've ever seen not just for the sheer difficulty for the creativity he needed to do it. At least with games like DOJ WL guys can watch each other's runs and trade ideas. With this literally no one else I believe has gotten close to clearing it so he had to make up this shit all on his own as he went along. That TLB fight was beautiful.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Gus wrote:Don't know else to put this but on the 360 leaderboards after at least a year of trying SSERESS uploaded an Ultra clear with Ab Reco, which I think is the first one ever done in this games 6 year history. He also has an Ab Palm clear on the boards from February 2011.
I knew someone would do it eventually, yay! Reco Abnormal needs more love; getting the beetles locked on when lasering is crucial to killing stuff and really changes route planning compared to the other 1.5 shot types. Can't wait to fire up Futari and watch this run as I've only seen one other person playing Reco Ab in Ultra on Youtube, and that was only in training vs the stage 4 boss if I recall.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

More people would probably try it if Arcadia tracked for all 4 shot types instead of just Reco/Palm without regard for which selection is used.

I'm sure someone probably would have done it by now if Reco Normal and Palm Absnormal weren't so much better and there not being much of a point to play the lesser used types.

BTW, are there any Palm normal clears? I never bothered to check, but he does have the lowest damage in the game.

So much ridiculous precision. I wish I had that kind of precision even with normal movement speed.

that second TLB patterns seems designed for Abnormal Reco's speed. And he even died with bombs in stock sometimes.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Chaos Phoenixma wrote:BTW, are there any Palm normal clears? I never bothered to check, but he does have the lowest damage in the game.
If there's not there will be eventually~ although it'll probably be a million years from me I tend to play the more 'unusual' types and as Palm Norm is the shot type I play the most, I'm hoping to work up to clearing even Ultra with him eventually. sometime before I die, lol

Palm Normal's shot damage is actually pretty decent and it's consistent regardless of long/short range. His laser is pretty pathetic though; the damage is pretty much all in the main shot so at least it's not so bad if the outermost smaller lasers aren't hitting much. If I remember correctly from when I checked, Reco Abnormal's laser is even weaker if you're hitting with only the central beam (not locked on with any beetles, 1 beetle sort of matches the damage).
Sephyross

Post by Sephyross »

Here is my personal best so far, in fact I'm still playing sometimes.

Black Label - X360 Mode - Maniac - Reco
øS.Sephyross - 832.246.217 - ALL (Lx3) (Bx3)

Vidéo : http://youtu.be/97k5aiwRk_0

iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Black Label - 360 - God - Reco
iconoclast - 5,035,687,930 - ALL (Lx1)
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/KehXK.jpg

Funny thing about this run is that I had given up by the stage 4 mid-boss. I was 200-300m behind where I wanted to be, but I kept playing just to get some practice in.

The Larsa fight was easily the highlight. I reached her with ~4.92b, so I figured I might as well risk it and try to get some points out of her. I died stupidly on her first phase, NMNB'd her second phase, and used one bomb on her third phase, which let me cash in on her final attack with 18k or so. That + end the bonus was enough to bump me past 5b. :D
Gus

Post by Gus »

Congrats, man. Planning on beating my score or do you think this it?

Wish I could post a new score... :cry:
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Out of curiosity, what are you guys using to play? Stick? Pad? How many hours a day do you end up practicing, and is it mostly training mode to master tough areas before attempting full runs?
Gus

Post by Gus »

I use the default 360 pad but it seems like I'm the odd guy as I've seen lots of others complaining about awkward or unresponsive compared to a stick. It's an acquired taste, I guess. As for the time spent from when I first registered to when I cleared Ultra I was doing 10+ hours a day usually. Now that I have college I just try whenever and yeah, it's mostly just quick practice sessions to stop myself from getting rusty. x91 told me he plays full runs all day on weekends. This weekend was my first time trying that and it didn't go so well but it's not like I'm in a hurry.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Gus wrote:Congrats, man. Planning on beating my score or do you think this it?

Wish I could post a new score... :cry:
I'm going to keep playing for now. I'd at least like to enter stage 5 with 3.5b and reach Larsa without making any major mistakes (which would get me another 1.6b+).
BareknuckleRoo wrote:Out of curiosity, what are you guys using to play? Stick? Pad? How many hours a day do you end up practicing, and is it mostly training mode to master tough areas before attempting full runs?
I use a HRAP EX-SE for shumps. How long I play mainly depends on my mood. Most of the time I'll only load a game up to play training mode for an hour or two, but I can also play full credits all day if I'm motivated.

I actually think I'm addicted to training mode. At this point I should only be playing score attack, but I still spend almost all of my time in training because I always feel like there's something I need a little more practice on. That's a bad habit I need to break.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

iconoclast - 5,055,924,474 - ALL (Lx2)

Just beat my old score by a fairly insignificant amount... I normally wouldn't bother posting this, but I figured I might as well since I got the #1 score on the arcade mode leaderboards. :lol:

I only loaded up arcade mode to see if there were any good replays to download, then I decided to play a credit before getting off. This run started off pretty poorly; I lost around 300m points by making some dumb mistakes in stages 2 and 3, but I didn't care since I just wanted a decent score. Stages 4 and 5 went well, and then I had one of my best Larsa battles ever. I used 3 bombs in her first phase, dodged her second phase, dodged the first two patterns of her final phase, died, and cashed in with ~16k, finishing with Lx2/Bx3. I think I'm getting pretty consistent against her, but I'm sure I'll screw everything up once I reach her with over 5b.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Yeah, I'm gonna triple post.

iconoclast - 5,208,920,450 - Stage 5 (Boss)
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/3Il1f.jpg

Once again I have the dubious honor of having the highest non-clear score on the leaderboards. It's frustrating to die so many times to stupid stuff, but I guess I'll have to use that as motivation to keep on playing until I have the run.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

iconoclast, y u so gud
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Gus

Post by Gus »

How the fuck can you score like that and not clear?

But seriously, awesome stuff, dude.
Bartuc

Post by Bartuc »

Version 1.5 - iPad - Original - Palm
Bartuc - 415,470,783 - ALL (Lx4) - Abnormal

This is an iOS score so I don't really expect it to be added to the board but I wanted to post it anyways...
#1 on GameCenter cause cheaters don't count heh. Technically I'm number six but the first five places have scores over 2B, which is impossible... Right?
I thought the WR was somewhere around 550M.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

It's because the iOS version is different from the arcade version and its port. The scoring system isn't quite the same, so the scores aren't comparable with the ones in this thread or the WR you're quoting.

I think you'll have much better chance having your score added in this thread since it's the one where various spin-off versions/modes are gathered.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Bartuc

Post by Bartuc »

Thanks moozooh

I'm not sure which section my score would go under in the other board, seeing as the iOS version is a port of Futari 1.5
With the big difference being the character's movement speed on touch screen devices it's understandable that there would be an issue, which is why I figured my score can't be added to a 360/PCB leaderboard.

My experience is that it is harder to score on the touchscreen version... It's probly just me, but the most I can get on Stage 1 Original (for example) is 17.7M or so, with the theoretical max being just under/right at 20M. I hit that on my high score run, ended up around 62M at the end of stage 2, around 123M at the end of stage 3, and around 201M at the end of stage 4

I have a tough time getting arcade caliber scores on my touchscreen, even with the 1:1 movement speed. It's either cause I'm not that good or it's cause you guys rock that much :shock:
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Just ask RLRBS to make another board for iOS modes. I don't think they'd been submitted before, hence why there aren't any so far.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

version 1.5 - MAME - Maniac - Palm
Bananamatic - 290,207,278 - ALL (Lx0) - Abnormal
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Black Label- 360- Original- Reco
Enigma- 576,974,696- All (Lx2, Bx2)

Decided to play this as a break from DFK cause I was getting tired of not getting into Ura Loop. Completely rusty run. Died during stage 2 and 3. Highest counter was a bit over 96,000.
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

Hello :)

-S.L- - 514.017.435 - Stage 5 Boss - Reco - normal - PCB

that's it for now :D
Rechiku

Post by Rechiku »

A good improvement on 1.5 original :D

øS-Rechiku - 422.543.452 - All(Lx4) - Reco - Normal - 360
(replay on leaderboard)

A good run, but a very stupid error at Larsa who cost me the no-miss.
I think I can go until 450~460M for the moment, but it will require a better fight against larsa.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Congrats, man. Gonna be pretty dope when you finally get that no-miss.
-S.L-

Post by -S.L- »

and new one tonight :)

Maniac 1.5

-S.L- - 548.280.854 - Reco - stage 5 - 360

Gus

Post by Gus »

Just watched your replay, Rechiku. Well played, man. Great that you beat my score but it was kind of sad how close you came to getting something much bigger between almost hitting 70k near the end of stage 5 and that Larsa death. Really hope you keep going and hit that 450m. *coughsapzcough*. Fuck, between you and iconoclast I'm kind of inspired to give modes outside of Ultra another shot.

Believe it or not, I actually haven't stopped practising Ultra scoring since my clear. There's been some days where I haven't played at all but I'm definitely trying to keep my skills up to my standards and at this point I think I'm as good as going to get without doing 10 hours a day for a week again, which is just not an option right now. At this point I've realized it's a bad idea to play something like Ultra with stage 2 and its random icicle bullshit when I actually have other things to worry about but it would feel weird to just walk away without even beating my score. Hoping to at least do that soon.

Here's to dedication.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

iconoclast - 5,300,329,609 - ALL (Lx1)
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/KjRua.jpg

I made it to stage 5 with over 3.8 billion points (nearly 3.9 IIRC) and no deaths, so this run was going better than I could have hoped. In training, I almost always get 1.65~ billion out of stage 5, but I was so nervous that I fucked up everything prior to the mid-boss. I even tried taking a little break after stage 4 by letting the gem counters run, but the anticipation made it even worse. :lol: The Larsa fight didn't go so well either, but that's mostly because I didn't bomb her last pattern when I really should have. You'd think I have an asphyxiation fetish with all the choking I've been doing lately. :cry:
iconoclast

Futari God Mode is the best game

Post by iconoclast »

iconoclast - 5,465,333,435 - ALL (Lx1)
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/lOXUo.jpg

Ranked #2 on the 360 leaderboards now. :mrgreen:

This run was a little sloppy. I died in stages 3, 4 and 5, and I killed one of the grasshoppers in stage 4 too early, which made me switch to a lower-scoring path for the rest of the stage. Everything else went pretty well though.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Wow, I never thought anyone would beat sst badnests's score. Are you gonna try to beat NAK's score?
back

Post by back »

It's crazy. Congrats !