Hellsinker NEW THREAD

Zaarock

Re: Hellsinker NEW THREAD

Post by Zaarock »

RNGmaster wrote:remember autobombing is as bad for score as dying, so an Adept clear will probably have higher enemy value than an equivalent Solidstate clear.
Even if you lose the same terra and rank from autobomb you don't lose one immortality bonus, which can make a huge difference assuming the player gets hit a few times, or am I missing something here. Also note that Adept not only has no autobomb, it has no Aura (think TLB and luna Seg 5 "human" boss for example, or just the ability of slowing bullets)
RNGmaster wrote:@Zaarock: Hellsinker scoring is apparently really stupid (or at least that's what a hell of a lot of serious shmup players here say) but I totally agree that it's fun as hell. Pumping enemy value is hella rewarding.
IDK, I was one of the people who started saying that a long time ago even though I didn't really try it much (not that I'm a great player). then again I just disliked the idea of boss milking more back then and lacked some skill and patience. Game could use some more scoring sections like Segment 3 Lead, very fun esp. with fossil maiden since her spirit increasing technique is very straight forward.

Looking at the first two stages in the Deadliar WR replay that Ltc uploaded on youtube it looks really high execution and lots of room to move in for risk/reward, looks like a good system to me. Could use a lot more replays on youtube.. I'd be very interested in seeing some of the WR replays but the replays desync for me as well as quite a few players I think.

I don't think you need seperate boards for amount of life, as you said there is some risk/reward and not enough players to warrant lots of boards yet. Bootleg ghost makes a bigger difference.
Rex Cavalier

Post by Rex Cavalier »

Adept has aura, you just need to hold down shot to activate it. :wink:
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Yeah, adept doesn't have the no-input aura but that doesn't often come in handy either. Also important to note Mino and Kaguya1 have larger aura radiuses on adept for sure (probably all characters do but idk).

On autobombing: iirc it resets the global rate at which enemy point values increase, and it also lowers rank. One autobomb is equivalent to getting hit in that respect, though it doesn't interfere with immortality bonuses. Even if you don't die as many times, those penalties add up.

Separate boards, though, yeah I'm gonna do that shit.

Also here's the Fossilmaiden WR on Nico. I can upload it to YT if you want but that's a good deal of work.
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

just leave it like it's. Till now no one of the scorers in this thread has complained about it and this scoreboard is made for the scorers. We are not trying to show off to anyone but ourselves.

And wow, RNG... just wow. I'm just visceral... someone, who hasn't even submitted a serious score to the thread, comes in and says: "hey, you guys are cheating because you aren't doing it like I say it should be done"

There were lots of diferent ways in which he could have done his question.
nZero

Post by nZero »

O. Van Bruce wrote:just leave it like it's. Till now no one of the scorers in this thread has complained about it and this scoreboard is made for the scorers. We are not trying to show off to anyone but ourselves.

And wow, RNG... just wow. I'm just visceral... someone, who hasn't even submitted an score to the thread, comes in and says: "hey, you guys are cheating because you aren't doing it like I say it should be done" I just could't believe it
I didn't read it that way at all, it seems like a valid point to bring up for discussion with the thread maintainer, remember most of the HS threads and online leaderboards require full defaults for a score submission to be valid. Also, if you'll look at the HS table, he actually has submitted scores for this game in the past. Please calm down and don't complain about or manufacture drama where there's none to be found.
CptRansom

Post by CptRansom »

Next time, I'll just PM the thread maintainer. I wouldn't want to offend anyone's easy mode scores.
<trap15> I only pick high quality games
<trap15> I'm just pulling shit out of my ass tbh
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

nZero wrote:
O. Van Bruce wrote:just leave it like it's. Till now no one of the scorers in this thread has complained about it and this scoreboard is made for the scorers. We are not trying to show off to anyone but ourselves.

And wow, RNG... just wow. I'm just visceral... someone, who hasn't even submitted an score to the thread, comes in and says: "hey, you guys are cheating because you aren't doing it like I say it should be done" I just could't believe it
I didn't read it that way at all, it seems like a valid point to bring up for discussion with the thread maintainer, remember most of the HS threads and online leaderboards require full defaults for a score submission to be valid. Also, if you'll look at the HS table, he actually has submitted scores for this game in the past. Please calm down and don't complain about or manufacture drama where there's none to be found.
Please reread my post... I corrected the bolded part since I've seen he has submited an score. But the way he said that every score that doesn't meet his criteria should be invalidated got on my nerves.
CptRansom wrote:and I really think scores #1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 (FSO) and #1, 2 (TGM) should be invalid as they are not played on default settings. Reducing your max lives to 5 instead of 6 gives you more immortality bonuses which have a drastic effect on score. Combine that with people using Solidstate instead of Aspirant to bomb at SOL 3 instead of SOL 5 for easier survival...
How about he asks himself why those scores were submited and accepted that way?

Also, this is what I corrected:
O. Van Bruce wrote:someone, who hasn't even submitted a serious score to the thread
Anyway, it should be obvious that, given how everyone accept score on this settings (Drastic and Solid State), Hellsinker is an exception to the default settings rule.

Bleh, I've been wasting too much energy on something that it should have been obvious since the beginning, I'm really an idiot for having posted all of this so I'll leave. If it really isn't that obvious then do what you consider proper.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Just go away.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
nZero

Post by nZero »

trap15 wrote:Just go away.
I'm sure he wishes the same about you.

Also I'll bet that RNG would like the next post in this thread to contain a score submission.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

well here, that was a lot complaining about nothing :roll:

Full Sequence Order - Solidstate - Spirits
Zaarock - Fossilmaiden - Unplugged - Mom - Dra - ALL [TLB] (1B/2L/3L, SH after 6) - 44,729
Pic

Acceptable amount of scoring tricks and milking but way too many deaths and OK shrine, can't stop here. Only been going at this for a few days, let's get that western record closer to 100k :!:

edit: damn, I really wish great majority ran 100% on this machine.. the second background that's got a ton of polygons slows the game down, otherwise it's fine. Way of all flesh runs great, fun level.
Last edited by Zaarock on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Updated and split scoreboards by bootleg ghost. Because why not.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Zaarock - Fossilmaiden - Mom - Dra - ALL [TLB] (1L/2L/3L, SH after 6) - 65,101
Pic

Lots of getting hit, those two deaths on perpetual calendar were really dumb and I only got 360 crystals in shrine (two deaths, idk why it gave me so much) took longer than I ever have to kill the first form of Ninelives which got me killed. 1 death on Millionlives was to be expected. Segment 8 went pretty well apart from a death on Solemn Orchestra. (protip for FM players: the seg8 master chains drop luna tokens, if you don't want to graze just laser the master) Probably going to improve on this in the future if I play every now and then.
Last edited by Zaarock on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Thanks, and nice score!
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

First go on Aspirant(& defaults) in years:

Full Sequence Order - Aspirant - Spirits
Zaarock - Fossil Maiden - Mom - Mod - ALL TLB3 - 1L/2L/3L, SH after 6 - 51,847
Pic

Of course I get 424 crystals in shrine when I'm not playing seriously :P RNG, you were right about the invisible multiplier it seems, I was getting more points from a lot of small things in the first half so it looks like autobombing might actually reduce it more than dying or solidstate just has a lower multiplier. Scoring went pretty well apart from low immortality bonuses obviously. (four deaths on 3L? uhhhhh :oops: )

Survival and terra management are very similar on Solidstate and Aspirant, since you do get three autobombs when you're not at max life stock but also lose less terra after each stage. I like how Aspirant works, you bomb aggressively until you lose a life and gain autobomb. Also, drastic only gives you 2 more immortality bonuses (start of the game + shrine) so it's not a big deal.

Working on Extra 2 now. wish I understood exactly how the boss value increases, using the option like the FM WR player but having the aura on actually makes the patterns a lot harder
Last edited by Zaarock on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Zaarock - Fossilmaiden - Mom - Dra - ALL [TLB] (1L/2L/3L, SH after 6) - 68,986
Replay | Pic

1.009 with english patch. 399 crystals from shrine. 6 deaths outside shrine.

Not a big improvement but I should easily get 80k which is my current goal if I get less deaths and push shrine to after seg 7. If someone watches the replay I'd be interested in knowing if it desyncs or not. (I have some slowdown on Rusted Dragon, a little on seg 5 maze and some on Integral Force and Garland/TLB)

Big mistakes: forgetting the red popcorn wave in seg 4. two deaths on perpetual calendar's final form taking out the turrets.. Apostles doing their melee attacks after eachother which I've never learned how to deal with.

Also I was playing on 1.008f before, haven't noticed any scoring differences in 1.009. English patch is great :!:
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Updated, as usual. GJ!
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Zaarock - Fossilmaiden - Mom - Dra - ALL [TLB] (1L/2L/3L, SH after 7) - 76,091
Pic

Only one unplanned death before shrine, proceed to die twice to trivial attacks in shrine, die twice to normal enemies in seg 8 and missed the cycle for a final bomb on the TLB, pretty pissed off.. expect >80k soon. Will add replay tomorrow if I don't get a better score.

Edit:

Zaarock - Fossilmaiden - Mom - Dra - ALL [TLB] (1L/2L/3L, SH after 7) - 77,319
Pic | Replay

Trainwreck of a run(9 deaths) but I think I'll stop playing for now, burned out. Posting this because of better scoring technique in the replay.. apart from dying everywhere.

I just had a much better run going and my computer found some way to crash in the middle of Seg8.. will definitely play this actively again if people start competing on the board and/or I can play on a machine that runs this at always 100% and can record video.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Taking a small break is quite useful.

Zaarock - Fossilmaiden - Mom - Dra - ALL [TLB] (1L/2L/3L, SH after 7) - 91,074
Pic | Replay
1.009 with english patch. Replay stays synced on the machine it was made on, hopefully it's fine.

4 deaths but I'm pretty happy with this overall.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Full Sequence Order - Adept - Spirits
Zaarock - Fossilmaiden - Mom - Dra - ALL [TLB] (1L/2L/3L, SH after 7) - 75,583

Really bad run but might as well fill some more empty boards. If I hadn't died in completely stupid ways it would've been 80k. also I think I shot the first bomb at the TLB out of the screen lol.

I'll get back to improving the solidstate score at some point and get closer to WR. Who knows, maybe some day more people will actually play this game.
Rex Cavalier

Post by Rex Cavalier »

Epic bump.

Extra 1
Scionox - KAGURA(3) - Unplugged - Mom - Dra - Ade - Clear - 10930

Replay

Randomly returned to Hellsinker and got score higher than my previous one, prolly would be more if not screwed up on boss. (Don't forget to update my name since i haven't used previous one for ages)
Rex Cavalier

Post by Rex Cavalier »

Extra 1
Scionox - KAGURA(3) - Unplugged - Mom - Dra - Ade - Clear - 11216

Replay

Improved a bit, i feel like i am getting close to maximum of this particular shot type. Unless i am missing some tricks.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

updated
Rex Cavalier

Post by Rex Cavalier »

RNGmaster wrote:updated
Uhh, why my old score is still on the list. :?:
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Full - Solid State
Raydere - Kagura[3] - Momentary - Drastic - ALL [TLB3] (1B, 2L, 3L, Shrine after 5) - 21,300
Replay

Definitely not a world-class score, hell I'm lucky I'm not last, but I'm very proud of myself, especially since only 36 hours ago Aru-san challenged me to break 10k.

This is one of those games where things make no freaking sense at first (terminology, for starters), but after some time you understand a lot more things and the game doesn't seem so bad after all.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Sacrificial entry for Short Mission, because no one is playing it. Could've scored higher if I got the Shrine after seg6. I see how it is, Perpetual Calendar (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Short Mission - Solid State
Raydere - Kagura[3] - Momentary - Drastic - ALL[TLB3] (2L, 3L, 5, 6, Shrine after 5) - 15,578

Replay

EDIT:

Short Mission - Solid State
Raydere - Kagura[3] - Momentary - Drastic - ALL[TLB3] (2L, 3L, 5, 6, Shrine after 5) - 20,082
Replay

God dammit I just learned that Seg5 takes off a LOT of Terra. Even at 80 or so I still end up in the Shrine of Assholes afterwards.

RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

Rex Cavalier wrote:
RNGmaster wrote:updated
Uhh, why my old score is still on the list. :?:
because you submitted under 2 different names and i'm a worldclass retard

should be fine now ??
Rex Cavalier

Post by Rex Cavalier »

RNGmaster wrote:should be fine now ??
Yeah, thanks :)
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Spoiler
Extra 1 - Adept - Spirit
Fossilmaiden - Unplugged - Mom - Dra - Clear - 11,257

Just barely beats scionox' score but it's a start. I'll try to get over 13,000 in the next few weeks. WR for fossilmaiden is 14,500 and I want to get close at least. Only played the extra stage for a couple days now, feels doable if I keep going at it.

Grinding this stage gets very exhausting.. my poor hands. (where's HellSinker 2 with all stages as crazy as this)
EDIT:

Extra 1 - Adept - Spirit
Zaarock - Fossilmaiden - Momentary - Drastic - Clear - 11,778

stream highlight: http://www.twitch.tv/xaerock/c/5495341

Rex Cavalier wrote:Improved a bit, i feel like i am getting close to maximum of this particular shot type. Unless i am missing some tricks.
Much to improve still, the WR for Kagura 3 is 15,200. You can find a replay on the japanese scoreboard. Great score already though!

Best character for the stage is Kagura 1 which can get over 17,000. But I'm guessing scores vary by 1-2 thousand depending on how much effort has been put into a character. Seems like all of them can get 14,000 at least. Hell, there's an amazing Kagura 4 / Xanthez run on there that gets 15,500 :o
Last edited by Zaarock on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

Short Mission - Solidstate - Spirit
Zaarock - Fossilmaiden - Momentary - Drastic - ALL[TLB] (2L/3L/5/6, SH after 6) - 73,158 (7323)
pic
replay

thinking I can beat the WR w/ fossilmaiden for this (82,500), it's old and not well optimized

Extra 1 - Adept - Spirit
Zaarock - Fossilmaiden - Momentary - Drastic - clear - 12,499 (3529)
replay
microfolk

Post by microfolk »

Full Sequence Order - Solid State
microfolk - DeadLiar - Momentary - Moderate - ALL (1B, 2L, 3B, SH after 6) - 24497

Oh my this is the first time ever I post a score. :3c
Obviously this wasn't a score run, I still try to maintain my rank low enough and I'm just starting to learn the various scoring trick, but after a disastrous start this run was unexpectedly good, especially from the Shrine onward (6 deaths in the shrine?????? And only against the kaname stone????????????) Too bad that I entered it with 2 lives, I could've got some really good score from the immortal bonuses in the last stages. :P