R-Type III: The Third Lightning (new thread)

richter3456

R-Type III: The Third Lightning (new thread)

Post by richter3456 »

Welcome to the second R-Type III thread. The previous one can be found here

Post scores in the following format:
NAME - SCORE - STAGE REACHED - FORCE USED (Round, Shadow, Cyclone)

Code: Select all

1. richter3456    - 1,217,940 - ALL - Cyclone
2. Ruldra         - 890,960 - Stage 11 - Shadow
3. ChainsawGuitar - 657,660 - Stage 8 - Round
4. CIT            - 655,710 - Stage 10 - Cyclone
5. saucykobold    - 547,650 - Stage 7  - Round
Last edited by richter3456 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Didactically speaking, seminal evidence seems to explicate the fact that your repudiation of entropy supports my theory of space-time synthesis. Of this, I am irrefutably confident
ChainsawGuitarSP

Re: R-Type III: The Third Lightning (new thread)

Post by ChainsawGuitarSP »

Forgot to mention in the old thread... Congratulations on topping both Ruldra's and saucykobold's score! you're quite the dark horse. :)
Innovations in Recreational Electronic Media
richter3456

Post by richter3456 »

Thanks. Truth is, I was never intending on topping their scores. I didn't even know there was a R-Type III hi score thread. My goal was to just beat the game without losing, just so I can say that I 1LC'd it. I lost in the later levels and well... if I couldn't 1LC it then a 1CC should suffice. I treaded on and next thing I knew I was on the second loop, completely unaware I had a high score. Good thing I took a snapshot.
Didactically speaking, seminal evidence seems to explicate the fact that your repudiation of entropy supports my theory of space-time synthesis. Of this, I am irrefutably confident
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

High score thread goes to richter3456 and life goes on.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Mero

Post by Mero »

Indeed. :mrgreen:

Until Despatche or someone else takes over Ruldra's old threads then they're still up for grabs. What's written in his sig means nothing.

Congrats on the new thread richter3456 :)
richter3456

Post by richter3456 »

After playing this game almost every day of the week, I finally hit the one million mark and did a clean run through the first loop. The second loop was harder, but on my last life... I managed to beat the whole stage and the final boss. This is my score before the extra 100,000 was added for beating the final boss. So my actual score was 1,217,940.

richter3456 - 1,217,940 - ALL - Cyclone
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Great score Richter! Congrats!

In the part where the last boss's arms are flying all over the place...do they fly in a set pattern or are they completely random? I find that part to be very tough to survive.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
richter3456

Post by richter3456 »

I found the final boss himself to be pretty easy, but the part where he disassembles his arms and they chase you around the screen is really annoying. It's hard because you have to dodge, and damage his arms at the same time. I don't think they have a specific pattern... some of the arms chase you, but some of them just go randomly all over the screen. You just have to sort of predict where they will go next. To be honest, I had to use the pause button once or twice to be able to see in which direction they will shoot next.
ChainsawGuitarSP

Post by ChainsawGuitarSP »

Shit score, but I'll enjoy my place in the rankings until saucy sums up the willpower to clear it again. (I finally made it!!)

ChainsawGuitar - 657,660 - Stage 8 - Round
Innovations in Recreational Electronic Media
CIT

Post by CIT »

CIT - 655,710 - Stage 10 - Cyclone

Very frustrating game, I'm just glad I cleared it now! :lol:

Two R-Types down, four more to go... :roll:
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

Perikles - 1,147,170 - 11 - Round

This was unexpected. I just tried to re-familiarize myself with the game and got further than ever before. Now I'm thirsty for the (2-)ALL!