Darius II (new thread)

EmperorIng

Re: Darius II (new thread)

Post by EmperorIng »

saucykobold wrote:saucykobold - 2,980,300 - ABDGKQW (ALL) - MAME
http://i.imgur.com/ZC8AKgf.png
What a matter ... Darius inhabitants have been already ruined ......
I commend you for taking on Zone D. I just can't handle those satellite things with the suicide bullet spread. What a matter indeed.
(oops! didn't mean to start a whole new page >.> )
saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

Those can be tricky if they get close, and I still remember my reaction the first time I shot one when it was directly above me. :lol: I get the spread shortly into the level, and then it's mostly a matter of hanging near the left and spraying up and down when you know a wave of shrapnel things is about to spawn.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

ACSeraph - 2,970,410 - ABDGLQV (ALL) - MAME

Worked so hard for this, awesome start to 2014
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Congratulations ACSeraph! A clear in Darius II is no small accomplishment, especially since it looks like you tackled some of the harder stages there. Good job on the score; maybe if I'm lucky I'll clear the game this year. :P
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

EmperorIng wrote:Congratulations ACSeraph! A clear in Darius II is no small accomplishment, especially since it looks like you tackled some of the harder stages there. Good job on the score; maybe if I'm lucky I'll clear the game this year. :P
Thanks man! This is definitely one of my proudest clears, and probably the hardest game I've ever cleared. Awesome experience. I still need to clear my saturn copy, but unfortunately there are a lot of differences that require a different approach, and the laser satelites in stage L have fucked up hitboxes that I havent figures out how to deal with yet :|

I think stage difficulty in Darius depends a lot on the skillset of the player in question. For me the course I took was definitely the easiest. It requires heavier planning, but less execution imo. I find D for example way easier than E even though most people don't.

I chose L because Leadain can be consistently cleared without getting hit despite having more difficult patterns、whereas Yamato is random and can occasionally just totally fuck you if he decides to fire right in your face. I prefer consistency over easier but somewhat random patters.

As for V, Bio Strong is the second easiest boss in the entire game after Hyper Sting if you know what to do. The stage itself is hard, but if you can make it to Strong you can complete the game even with a powered down ship.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
andsuchisdeath

Post by andsuchisdeath »

Mega Drive score.

andsuchisdeath - 6,767,920 - All Clear Z
Jaimers

Post by Jaimers »

Jaimers - 2,972,010 - ACEHMSY (ALL) - MAME

Took 3 hours apparently.
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Arcade
Aquas - 2,795,990 - ACFINTY (ALL) - MAME

Twitch highlight: http://www.twitch.tv/aquas_/c/3881401
Last edited by Aquas on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Nice vid - I'm definitely taking some mental notes.

However, your route was actually ABFINTY :mrgreen:

I was really rooting for your at the Jupiter stage. Those are all super cheap. You handled Grand Octopus magnificently, though.
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Before that method, I was actually just praying I wasn't killed at the beginning of the fight, fighting from the far left untill the top tentacle was destroyed. Then, I was flying behind of Grand Octopus and baiting the mini-octopi? off screen and it was actually fairly consistent method of survival. But the method I used is way easier, thanks to some pointers from Jaimers and a bit of savestate practice to make sure I had it right.

My bad on the route, it's actually ACFINTY, thanks for noticing.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

MD version

Perikles – 6,756,900 – ABDGKPV (ALL)

This game is pure relaxation to me, it's almost like daydreaming.
UGO

Post by UGO »

Sagaia Game Boy version :
UGO - 48,330 - ALL - GB

Restart the game after the end in order to see my score.
L-Dis, Gaiares, Battle Squadron... Go replay : http://www.dailymotion.com/UGO--Runs--- ... oId=xensqt
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Since chainsaw hasn't been active in a while, Despatche is hosting a new thread here. Unfortunately the index hasn't been updated as it links to this thread.

Also, with Sagaia, I wonder if that is not more the purview of Darius 1, since if I'm not mistaken, all the music and bosses in GB Sagaia are from Darius 1 and not 2.
UGO

Post by UGO »

Ok. Thank you for the link.
So I don't know where I am going to post my score.
The game is named Sagaia and I thougt this name was in correspondence with Darius II.
L-Dis, Gaiares, Battle Squadron... Go replay : http://www.dailymotion.com/UGO--Runs--- ... oId=xensqt
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Sagaia, the Game Boy game, is actually based on the original Darius. You should probably ask about it in this thread.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!