Perfect Cherry Blossom (Touhou 07, 2003) *Newer Thread*

Kaiser

Re: Perfect Cherry Blossom (Touhou 07, 2003) *Newer Thread*

Post by Kaiser »

Nana wrote:Image

i am really glad touhou does not make me cut myself
+1 and i'm glad doesn't make me draw myself as a little girl with a big pussy instead of a dick.
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
Heartbeam

Post by Heartbeam »

Edit: Looks like a few posts have cropped up while typing. I'll post this for the sake of closing it out in public but I understand it doesn't belong here. I'll keep a copy if it needs to be sent by other means and the admins can be contacted to remove this if need be.

Ah, that's a quaint feeling. My heart racing from something other than the culmination of a good run. I really am rotten to the core.
I am going to sound like a huge faggot. Which is beacuse I am one, and it seems like you have finally found it out.
I still don't know. I'll take a guess and say that your definition of the noun you're using to refer to yourself is the equivalent of someone who's fighting against a person he's always looked up to.
So you feel bad for a person who you dislike giving you sympathy? The right thing to do would have been /kickban SeppoHovi Getoutfag.
Hm? No, I don't feel bad for someone who gives me sympathy if I don't happen to like that person. If that's what you really meant to ask.

I tend to make small jumps of logic with my sentences so I'll clarify. When I said "probably that bad" I meant the severity of my reaction to your way of comforting people. If someone I was less acquainted with pulled that on me in that situation I think I'd merely feel a little bothered and make a silent tally. I suppose I won't go into further detail with my (lame) reasons for bullying you because I already gave the broad picture in the post, and you should know the rest.

But I guess there's one more cause. I'll get to it further down.
It would have left less people worked up. Including you and me.
Do you mean as opposed to leaving? I was going to depart anyway. Not like, "I'm going because I can't stand being around you."

Or, if you were talking about the conversation that ensued, then I don't recall being as critical as my last post when I talked about shouting those words. I would think I said something like "don't do that" or "don't feel sorry for me", but if you have the log (assuming it's actually relevant to this "worked up" part) then you can show me.
The right thing to do would have been /kickban SeppoHovi Getoutfag.
All right, now I know. Last time I did that in jest the recipient didn't take too well to it and things blew up so there's no telling how people you're not familiar with will react to certain pokes (like the callous post I just made).
And that's that story. I bet I don't like reading those posts because I used to and still do engage in acts of self-deprecation.
My posts are mainly for myself, eases it up to write it down and analyze the runs a bit. Might also help me learn stuff. And I am not really waiting for people to read them, they must be really boring for anyone else. And the main thing I feel sad or stupid about is posting sihtty scores and feeling special about them. But they are my scores, so I care.
The run descriptions are mostly fine; I read them and find them interesting. It's that other stuff on the side. And like I said (or implied), they remind me of my own posts and my own nature which I detest.
I am a slow learner and you have played before, so this is stupid, but I can't stop the thoughts.
Those thoughts are warranted. The post was pretty much an open attack on you so what's one to do? Make a public post saying you want to resolve it in PMs? Both options are valid, but I've stepped on you for long enough so one choice seemed more likely than the other.
Most of my IN easy stuff was done this year, against you. I did hundreds of runs, you did one or two.
No exaggerations allowed! Not talking about the "hundreds of runs" part...well, maybe that too. If you're serious about that then I want to hear how many runs to get from point A to point B (define both for respective types and score increments), and then maybe I'll end up having a talk with you (assuming we're going to communicate anymore after this). Maybe about quality of practice, maybe not.
You won.
And had the opposite happened you'd be an incredible player to best someone who's played more than you.

I forgot I played IN this year. So there was...a Sakuya solo and a Magic Team run. Magic Team only won by a few million (don't care about the missing supergraze; you made me try for it) and then you've been beating the rest of the scores. I don't want to hear fluff about one's potential to do this or that. You went out there and played, you beat my scores, and I didn't.
Who cares about it anyway, it is fucking IN easy. Who the fuck would do hundreds of runs on Magic Team to try surprising some people he likes? Who would think they get beaten by a guy who did one run at it or so.
That one other cause I mentioned. It's my fault and I should have said something about it a long time ago, but I don't want you to look up to me. You already saw when I told you to quit bringing my name up elsewhere, and I was unfortunate enough to come back to the place at the right time. Even if others have done it was well I would dare say it's easy to see a mention stick out like a sore thumb when the post in question compares you to some of the best Touhou (not just PCB) players in the world. I remember another situation that drove me up the wall when someone claimed I held a world record in PCB Extra before HS参謀 recaptured it. Both cases are utterly ridiculous and a massive insult to everyone else. No one knows how awful a player I am better than myself.

I don't know why I single only you out for looking up to me. Could be that no one else is usually that close in constant contact (back then anyway, but impressions persist). I also feel we've never seen each other on equal grounds. The fault's on me for berating you which could be caused by you...idolizing me or whatever. You probably didn't take it that far but I can't think of a better word. That's just how I perceive it, and I'm guilty of not speaking to others as equals/placing them higher and I'm sure they're tired of it.
I feel like I fucking suck so fucking much at touhou right now. I always knew I was bad, but this made me understand it.
Yep, the damage has been dealt. I can't take my post back. A sorry does almost nothing to cover it, but it's better than going on without saying it so I'm putting it here. I'm sorry for putting you through this.

[/quote]While writing this I felt like I should not post it. It could end up insulting someone I like. But for once I decided to not care. Being a faggot in a completely different way. Going to regret it, who gives a fuck. I will suck, you will hate me. I might get kicked from the channel for faggotry. I will play hundreds of hours, you will do one run. You will win, I will feel like a shit. Nothing changes, never does.[/quote]
You write some awesome concluding remarks.

When I took my post down to write the extra tidbit I felt the same way, but I obviously didn't give it enough thought and underestimated the potential for devastation. Even though what you're saying may be emotionally charged I'll go ahead and take them word-for-word.
It could end up insulting someone I like. But for once I decided to not care. Being a faggot in a completely different way. Going to regret it, who gives a fuck. I will suck, you will hate me.
Tell me those two different ways. I don't know anything.

I'm the one who picked a fight. I'll most surely hate you for giving your side of the story and defending yourself. I'll also feel completely insulted because your post sounded agitated.
I might get kicked from the channel for faggotry.
We're talking about in general or after what transpired here? Because I don't know what goes on with the former, but if it's the latter I'm going to laugh at the notion of a valuable contributing member getting kicked out for being provoked by some "figurehead" who hightailed it out of there months ago after already instigating trouble with a person or two.
Nothing changes, never does.
Then you'll continue to be an amicable human being and I'll continue to be an immature person who couldn't simply ignore posts of praise and just had to bring it up in a poisonous manner.

Since I should be more upfront I'll give you a heads up that I'm going to remove you for just a second from a certain other site. You're not permanently blocked and you can rejoin anytime, but I'd rather not chance you seeing something from me in your feed when the person behind that post is a lie. You've already seen enough of my spiteful side to know.

What else...oh, it took about 10-15 minutes for me to begin typing this post and with a collected mind. Aside from my heart rate speeding up it also sank when I read your post and realized what I had done. I certainly felt frightened for the grave lapse in judgment.

Maybe it's better that we don't interact again. You can quit coming over and I'll keep myself from creating a spectacle like this.

What a nice little side addition to go with the STGT drama.
Aliquantic

Post by Aliquantic »

Leaderboard updated, thanks for the free traffic :P Seppo and Heartbeam, please carry on in PM if you are so inclined.
Heartbeam

Post by Heartbeam »

Interim score post time.

Normal - Reimu-B
Heartbeam - 2,043,591,550 - C - 0.134% - Replay

Found myself stressing over silly things yesterday. "I said I'm going to be working on this as of X days ago so what if I don't end up playing and then it'll look like I threw myself at this for ages?" Two previous non-serious runs had some good segments that I considered more difficult, and I worried that I was putting off something that would be easy to grab. It was to my relief when I played later on with the intention of getting something done as it turned out I'm not magical and die to silly stuff like most other people.

When I think of the whole game, though, there doesn't seem to be all that much to overcome, and I'll wonder how I can find so many creative ways to crash a run. It's not that bothersome a thought; it wouldn't mean much if you weren't struggling for it. Oh yeah, I didn't get high off this run.

I forgot to monitor the stage three boss (again) while farming the dolls for cherry items and timed out the spell, which threw off the entire route from there until halfway through the stage portion of four. There's the missing cherry upfront from not ending the spell, and the cherry item value being adjusted to 1900 rather than 2000 is felt in stage four when trying to set up a border before the midboss. I didn't do my math and activated a late border before that which could have been salvaged. Spell bonuses were so-so...I didn't like how I was handling the first one from Yuyuko, and maybe it's nerves (not that heavy this time). Might go back to lining up the orbs with the feet method. Completely whiffed a few waves during Resurrection Butterfly and left with a 25.5M bonus or something.

Status of the things I said I'd be working on:
  • Nah, who needs savestates to practice grazing midboss Alice? Just need some willpower to go out there and give it a try (so laziness won out and I didn't touch Hourglass).
  • Okay, maybe I'd like Hourglass for Alice's final noncard. For now I'm not bothering with the safespot.
  • Not bothering with the proper note grazing...yet. I'll stick to focusing too much during a static attack and land 48-53K or whatever CherryMax while HS参謀 gets 60K.
As predicted I fall behind in CherryMax after like every single border compared to the WR. I'll try for 2.1B, whenever it comes. No hurry.

Incidentally, I paused for like an hour during stage six Youmu to pick and drop someone off. I thought about the discussion over pausing and it got to me because I pause after like every death I don't expect so I can play my little puzzle game and figure out how to fix up the next border. This is no longer a shmup. To that extent I've started recording my stuff and if nothing goes wrong then there's no need to pause! May end up pausing anyway if I'm getting fired up. So this run is recorded up to that pause point and then I didn't want to keep it running, and then I didn't feel like starting it up again because this run doesn't matter much in the long run (and I doubt many are going to care about the pausing).
chum

Post by chum »

Last edited by chum on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
nimitz

Post by nimitz »

First time playing as sakuya, there were some new patterns I hadn't seen but I guess my sight reading skills are enhanced by alcohol. :lol:

Hard - Sakuya-A
nimitz - 579,243,390 - C - 0.25%
Zetzumarshen

Post by Zetzumarshen »

Extra - ReimuB
.ASP - 1,421,550,150 - C - 0.077%

Missing a border during last spell. Will mend.
Last edited by Zetzumarshen on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
chum

Post by chum »

Isn't that a world record? Congrats
Zetzumarshen

Post by Zetzumarshen »

Don't know about that. But it's the highest score that I've reached.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Congratulations! Way to go! :D Cool!
KAG

Post by KAG »

Lunatic - Sakuya-B
LF - 2,378,000,220 - C -0.87% - replay

the replay was finished on May 24, 2013 with countless mistakes.

I shall complete it better one day.

Glad to see Heartbeam here :D
Last edited by KAG on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chum

Post by chum »

Very nice score you have KAG! I am really impressed.

Here is my best run, It has 4 miss, 3 border breaks. I will learn scoring one day.

Lunatic - Reimu-B
chum - 1,185,672,520 - C -0.193% - Replay (No Bomb)

This thread has not been updated in over a year... Where is Despatche
KAG

Post by KAG »

chum wrote:Very nice score you have KAG! I am really impressed.

Here is my best run, It has 4 miss, 3 border breaks. I will learn scoring one day.

Lunatic - Reimu-B
chum - 1,185,672,520 - C -0.193% - Replay (No Bomb)

This thread has not been updated in over a year... Where is Despatche
good. Try to get the greastest CherryMax before Stage 4, that's the point. Of cause, when we want to hit a really high score, we muss pay attention to CherryMax of every Stage... Retry, when the CherryMax is smaller than your plan.

I follow your twitter just now, we can talk there :)
Seppo Hovi

Post by Seppo Hovi »

That's a very nice score, KAG! Congratulations.

-

I've been in progress of updating my PCB scores. I was thinking of only posting when I got done with all of the modes instead of just one, but, whatever. I'll go and post them one by one.

Easy - ReimuB
Seppo Hovi - 1,547,247,000 - C - 0.391% - Replay
"How many panic bombs have you used by now? "
"Can you remember the number of times
you've eaten bread?"
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

yeah, i sent aliquantic a pm, but no reply so far. too many people disappearing :(

will do after bwr.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
KAG

Post by KAG »

Seppo Hovi wrote:That's a very nice score, KAG! Congratulations.

-

I've been in progress of updating my PCB scores. I was thinking of only posting when I got done with all of the modes instead of just one, but, whatever. I'll go and post them one by one.
Thank You! But I don't think it was a nice score, for comparing with the WR, there is a obvious difference, not to mention, the current WR is imperfect, well... it's already a high score, but I expect someone could do better... (not me :D )

Different from you, I can only focus on one or two goals, once I set up of it, it would be hard to change, sometimes painful :)
ARF

Post by ARF »

Oh wow, there's a more recent thread than this around o:
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47495
KAG

Post by KAG »

upgraded

Lunatic - Sakuya-B
WIT - 2,589,114,340 - C -0.376% - replay

still full of mistakes but it made me already nervous.
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

YEAHHH I just 1cc'd Perfect Cherry Blossom Normal! So happy, it's my first Touhou 1cc.

Normal:
Frenetic - 353,981,130 - C - 0.11% - ReimuB
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

PCB is a satisfying clear. Youmu can tear a run apart.

It really opens up once you feel confident enough to start playing for score. Border timings and super grazing make for a crazy ride.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS