Truxton II/Tatsujin Oh [ARC] (second thread)

sikraiken

Re: Truxton II/Tatsujin Oh [ARC] (second thread)

Post by sikraiken »

Mills: Does the board at your arcade maybe have the difficulty set higher than the default difficulty?
DEL

Post by DEL »

^From what Mills is telling me about the replay and the Tatsujin Oh he's currently playing, enemies have to take way more damage before they die on the board in our arcade.
He gave me an example. On the replay the Stage 4 Boss goes down with only 1 bomb used, but Mills arrives there with 3 bombs - uses them all and still the ST4 Boss does not die.

So err yeah, we need to have a look at the dips.

Regs, DEL
Mills

Post by Mills »

sikraiken wrote:Mills: Does the board at your arcade maybe have the difficulty set higher than the default difficulty?
Don't know as only forum member ARC can answer that one. ive never tried switching firepower during the boss because it was a bug in original tatsujin/truxton and i figured toaplan would have removed it from Tat Oh. Arc did say to once that there have been problems with the board and it needed a service, so weather or not this has affected game in anyway we'll never really know.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

DEL wrote:On the replay the Stage 4 Boss goes down with only 1 bomb used, but Mills arrives there with 3 bombs - uses them all and still the ST4 Boss does not die.
Which replay is this? The other replay on youtube uses 3 bombs and the one off superplay doesn't use any.
DEL

Post by DEL »

I'm not sure. Its what Mills told me. Basically he's just saying that the board he's playing requires a lot more damage to kill all enemies, compared to the most recent replay he's seen. He said it was the replay on shmups chat gen youtube vid thread, if that helps :| ?
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

What does the game say when it's booting up where the notice appears, stating "This game is for use in ______ only."?

MAME has Europe, USA, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Asia, Korea regions available. Europe and USA are Truxton II, the rest are Tatsujin Oh.
DEL

Post by DEL »

^I'll check and get back to you.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

Alright. I'm going to see what kind of differences there are between the regions.
Mills

Post by Mills »

Had the best and worst game (chi was there to witness) on this random piece of shit. Got to the near end of stage4 (those enemy ships before the boss) with first life and 6 bombs and died for no reason. i copied the youtube technique by flying my ship between the two enemy ships before the boss and just dodging the bullets, but i died before the boss the even appeared on screen. I must have hit something that isn't visible, a glitch of some kind. whatever it was i was pissed off.
Mills

Post by Mills »

Haven't played this in ages, so should interesting to see how far i get later today. doubt ill reach the stage 5 boss though.
maldoror68

Post by maldoror68 »

got a stupid question: :?

my PCB is a european original "Truxton 2" (title screen said "truxton 2" and when booting up, it say "this game must be used in Europe...."

i got the dip sheet, ( so i can change the difficuty, lives, etc...)

BUT i got only 2 banks of 8 dip switch on the pcb :?:

i'd like to change the region, maybe to play the japanese version...
where is the mysterious "dip bank # 3" :?:

even in service mode, the pcb shows me a "bank 3" who is able to change pcb's region ?
is there only one eprom of the game ? or did i miss something ?

ave

Post by ave »

You can't change the region by DIP switches but it's true that the ROM set contains all regions of the game. The only way to change it though is to solder around on some joint, if you're talented with the iron you can even build a little switch for easier region change.
THE ETERNAL
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

I've started a bit of practice on this, gotta say, Stage 4 boss is no joke.

I've been playing Truxton II but I'm going to see how harder Tatsujin Oh is probably tonight.

Love the style of this game, so awesome.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro