Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object

Aquas

Re: Touhou Seirensen ~ Undefined Fantastic Object

Post by Aquas »

Normal - Reimu B - Aquas - 197,227,360 - ALL - 0.4% (Replay)

My first clear of a Touhou game. This game is pretty fun I gotta say. Dunno exactly what draws me to it but I rather enjoy the bullet cancelling from destroying UFOs, and well, it looks purdy. Maybe I'll work on better scores... I horded lives in this run and it pays off, I did some blue UFO point gains here and there just so I could clear the screen of bullets and it worked out.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
EPS21

Post by EPS21 »

SanaeB is superior Maiden.

Hard - SanaeB
EPS21 - 390,165,620 - ALL - 0.0% - Replay

Extra - SanaeB
EPS21 - 337,782,210 - ALL - 0.0% - Replay
Dodgeballpvp

Post by Dodgeballpvp »

EPS21 wrote:Hard and Extra scores coming up. What's the difference between an ALL and an ALL D on the scoreboards btw?
Momijitsuki wrote:ALL D means it's a Demo clear
To make it more confusing, there are demo scores that don't have "D" in it. Like all the lunatic scores for example. The stage number "2" is there but the "D" is missing for some reason.

I'm not even sure why lgb didn't get rid of those old v0.01a scores. It's not even the same game anymore. ZUN changed the scoring in demo ver 0.02a.

The bosses drop life pieces in ver 0.02a and ver 1.00a but not in ver 0.01a. This gives unfair advantage.

Also SanaeB bomb bug exploit was fixed in v0.02a, so you cant abuse it anymore to increase your score. And of course the base item value.

I can understand keeping 0.02a scores but why keep 0.01a scores?
EPS21

Post by EPS21 »

The scores people get from the full game should supersede the demo scores by a landslide eventually, so it won't even matter soon enough. No matter what kind of exploits you could do in the demo, three more stages (which have way more scoring potential) will net you a higher score.
Danbo

Post by Danbo »

Extra - SanaeB
Danbo Daxter - 169,036,970 - ALL - 0.0% - http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=4407

extra is fun. probably play it a little more and try for a better score
Heartbeam

Post by Heartbeam »

Easy - Sanae B
Heartbeam - 991,254,480 - 6 - 0.470% - Replay

More thoughts about stage six over there to save space here.
lgb

Post by lgb »

Dodgeballpvp wrote:I can understand keeping 0.02a scores but why keep 0.01a scores?
because it's a demo and the demos never matter once the main game comes out. but for the record I'll probably remove them anyway. I just don't want to be a jerk and "oh you played the demo SORRY" so soon

only Heartbeam is able to beat full clears with demo clears, though one wonders whether that's because he's good or because everyone else sucks... probably both
Heartbeam

Post by Heartbeam »

Normal - Sanae B
Heartbeam - 999,906,310 - 6 - 0.000% - Replay

Easy - Reimu A
Heartbeam - 994,820,640 - 6 - 0.650% - Replay

Don't say that, lgb. You know score attacks are a niche category and shouldn't be compared to runs with a different goal in mind. And I'm just one of the loudest. If the bug didn't exist I highly doubt I'd be able to pull off a clear on Normal. Not for the next few attempts, anyway. The first 1CC ended 0/0 and that was stacking red and green UFOs.

Also, remember when I was talking about Gunbird 2 and brought up some old thread? Found it again and I definitely mishandled the words that were exchanged. Third post from the bottom.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20883
Last edited by Heartbeam on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

But you are pretty damn good, Heartbeam. xD

I wonder if there's a patch in the works that eliminates the bug. I can't believe getting a high score like that would make it crash, when in PCB you could go way higher than the Cherrypoint meter intended, and break 1,000,000,000 points when there are only 9 digits in the score counter.
lgb

Post by lgb »

Heartbeam wrote:You know score attacks are a niche category and shouldn't be compared to runs with a different goal in mind.
who cares
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

lgb wrote:
Dodgeballpvp wrote:I can understand keeping 0.02a scores but why keep 0.01a scores?
because it's a demo and the demos never matter once the main game comes out.
Does not compute, sir. What you appear to say is, "I'm keeping it because there's no reason for me to keep it".
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Heartbeam

Post by Heartbeam »

Easy - Marisa A
Heartbeam - 998,896,790 - 6 - 0.130% - [Replay]

Easy - Sanae A
Heartbeam - 996,681,710 - 6 - 0.180% - [Replay]

Easy - Marisa B
Heartbeam - 901,517,420 - 6 - 0.000% - [Replay]

Not sure which should be put up, this one or a 960M that managed an ALL because of a major stage five mistake.

So far I can bring out the stage two hidden UFO with every shot type except for Reimu A, and Reimu B is 50/50.

Easy - Reimu B
Heartbeam - 908,422,550 - ALL - 0.100% - [Replay]

Splash damage spoils.

Hard - Sanae B
Heartbeam - 503,411,650 - ALL - 0.140% - [Replay]
lgb

Post by lgb »

fixed everything, think you'll enjoy this
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

Heartbeam, you overachiever. :lol:

Nah really, nice job. xD
Heartbeam

Post by Heartbeam »

Surprise, it's more of the same!

Normal - Marisa B
Heartbeam - 995,143,270 - 6 - 0.000% - [Replay]

Normal - Sanae A
Heartbeam - 961,722,280 - ALL - 0.080% - [Replay]

Normal - Marisa A
Heartbeam - 999,085,480 - 6 - 0.060% - [Replay]
Dodgeballpvp

Post by Dodgeballpvp »

Oh wow, ZUN fixed the 1 billion score bug! :shock:

1.00b patch here http://www16.big.or.jp/~zun/html/th12dl.html

and lgb, you forgot to add all the normal mode scores posted by EPS21
Heartbeam

Post by Heartbeam »

Great news to hear! Testing with a safe playthrough.

Easy - Sanae B
Heartbeam - 1,330,174,340 - ALL - 0.430% - [Replay]

Easy - Sanae A
Heartbeam - 1,230,176,140 - ALL - 0.140% - [Replay]

So dreary.
Last edited by Heartbeam on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

ZUN works fast. I wasn't expecting a fix for a couple of months. =O
Heartbeam

Post by Heartbeam »

Only one other filler score today. Reimu A and B are frustrating to handle.

Easy - Marisa B
Heartbeam - 1,211,296,780 - ALL - 0.260% - [Replay]

Easy - Sanae B
Heartbeam - 1,370,299,120 - ALL - 0.180% - [Replay]
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Nice! With that level of execution, you should be able to break 1.4 billion in no time. Alternatively, you can see if you can modify your strategies based on Reprise's (he gets ~6k higher point value than you with comparable graze count by the end of the game) and whip him further. :D

Maximizing graze count in the first three stages seems like a must for 1.5+ billion, though. You should be able to get 1600–1700 in the first two stages and up to ~10.5k in stage 3. Probably more if you manage to burn lives more effectively than I think of it.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Heartbeam

Post by Heartbeam »

Easy - Reimu A
Heartbeam - 1,074,766,240 - ALL - 0.140% - [Replay]

Easy - Reimu B
Heartbeam - 1,176,816,220 - ALL - 0.160% - [Replay]

Easy - Marisa A
Heartbeam - 1,397,449,220 - ALL - 0.130% - [Replay]

Easy - Marisa B
Heartbeam - 1,211,296,780 - ALL - 0.260% - [Replay]

Easy - Sanae B
Heartbeam - 1,435,363,540 - ALL - 0.120% - [Replay]

Thanks! Took a peek at his run and it's much more methodical than mine. A little more confident with grazing this run, particularly with Nazrin's lasers and Murasa and Shou's opener, but none of it grazed out to the end.

No doubt you've already compiled a chart with the number of power and point items in each section of the stage, or that's what LYX's spreadsheet covers. I haven't looked into it. Hawk has done the same on the Shrinemaiden forums for at least stages five and six, but I think they've been deleted along with the thread which brought to attention the crashing bug. Perhaps you find this sort of information worthy of adding to the strategy section in the wiki?
Last edited by Heartbeam on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Nope, it's here: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index ... pic=1736.0

I'll see about adding it to the wiki, although neither you nor Hawk have to wait for me.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Ok, I crunched some numbers. If LYX's and Hawk's calculations are correct, stages 5+6 hold ~17260 point items (multiplication bonuses applied where eligible). Your current life/bomb management route (from the 1.43 bil replay) is going to max out at ~1.5 billion. But much more is possible!

What you should do is burn all your available lives and bombs on stage 3 for graze (probably all regular attacks except the first boss opener and the last card). If you manage to maximize graze count, 1.55–1.57B might be possible. Unless some new effective UFO routes are found, ~1.6B is going to be theoretical limit for Sanae-B (others will most likely not exceed 1.5B due to graze-unfriendly bombs).

[EDIT]
Other possible graze location is Murasa's third regular; the goal is to follow the strokes as she makes them during a bomb explosion. Possibly Nazrin's stage 5 card as well, at worst you'll break even. You can probably save a bomb if you don't use it on her regular.
Dodgeballpvp

Post by Dodgeballpvp »

Easy - Sanae B
Dodgeball - 726,622,140 - ALL - 0.220% - Replay

------------
I guess I'll just post this one, because I don't have anything better right now...

Stage 1-2: It was ok, but I failed Kogasa's last spell again. That thing is evil... Spell card history 7/23 ugh...

Stage 3: I made 1 big mistake here. I let the big blue ufo escape and it had 142 blue point items in it. Lots of points lost...

Stage 4-5: Total disaster. This is where I always lose my points! All my score runs fail here :(

Stage 6: Space Invaders part. I was going to wait until those little fairies come closer and then bomb and quickly grab the last bluje ufo, but when it was time to bomb I noticed that I didnt have any bombs left. XD So, I had to suicide and quickly bomb after that. Dangerous move, because after that I had no extra lives left and only 1 bomb. I saved the only bomb for Hijiri's Light Magic "Star Maelstrom".

I should be able to break 1 billion, but I need that 1 perfect run... That is my only goal right now. To break 1 billion with SanaeB and then with other shot types.

Sanae has "Power to cause miracles", where are these miracles when I need them? XD
Heartbeam

Post by Heartbeam »

Easy - Sanae B
Heartbeam - 1,458,086,920 - ALL - 0.260% - Replay

Laughable attempt.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

I found a better UFO route through stage 3. Here's a semi-tool-assisted replay of it in action.

The blue UFO you are summoning in stage 3 gives you 32-33 million. Let's say you skip it completely. The items you'll pick up without it will amount to at most 4 million. That's a loss of 28-29 million which we keep in mind.

By summoning the last multicolored UFO a couple seconds earlier you can feed it 36 additional power items (~4.8 million). The total loss is now ~24 million.

But what you gain in return is additional 2k of base point value, which will get you 41+ million by the end of the game. 41–24=17 million of net gain. With this, 1.6 billion is certainly possible.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Alright, found another similar improvement. The first blue UFO in stage 4 can be skipped just as well for a gain of approximately 10–13 million. Just pick up the large fairies' UFO tokens during the first multicolored summon (might be tricky to not kill it in the process) and proceed as usual.

New Sanae-A replay by ycw also shows how to get over 2.2k graze in the first two stages without doing anything outrageous.
Heartbeam

Post by Heartbeam »

Easy - Sanae B
Heartbeam - 1,488,788,480 - ALL - 0.140% - [Replay]

Extra - Sanae B
Heartbeam - 476,584,530 - ALL - 0.080% - [Replay]

Not much to show for several days of zero practice. Just for Easy, I don't mind how Extra turns out; it's a treat to play it.

Extra - Reimu A
Heartbeam - 403,362,160 - ALL - 0.120% - [Replay]
Dodgeballpvp

Post by Dodgeballpvp »

Easy - Sanae B
Dodgeball - 797,465,980 - 6 - 0.220% - Replay

Well, I improved my score but this time I didnt even make it to the end. Byakuren's last spell got me... I was so scared there, thinking only "don't die, don't die". :lol:

I still make way too many mistakes. Stage 5: the very end, where all the blue items are dropping. I got maybe half of them... And of course stage 6, It was bad and I didnt get the items that Nue drops.

This game is driving me crazy. Maybe I'll do few score runs with the other shot types and then take 1 week break. StellaVanity v0.20 2nd trial was released yesterday and I need time to play that game too. It's awesone STG, I'm starting to get very addicted to it.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Heartbeam wrote:moozooh, I couldn't quite understand your instructions for skipping the blue UFO in stage four. Starting from the 'proceed as usual' you're stuck with a leftover UFO token and two more to be dropped by the yin-yang orbs. The only other way I see is following the beginning stage four flashing token until it is ready to be picked up and collection of the UFOs from the aforementioned yin-yang orbs can commence, much like Reprise did in stage two with prolonging the UFO token's escape. That's probably what you were saying, but if I'm wrong then I'd to see clarified instructions if possible.
Well, the only thing you didn't do right about that in your most recent replay is that you summoned the UFO slightly later than I intended, missing a bunch of power items from large fairies. Aside from that it was all correct.

I also thought about the possibility of swapping the last blue UFO in stage 4 with a multicolored one, but the more you rack up your point item value by that point, the less of a return it gives (unless you skip all grazing in stage 3, it's not profitable). So there's one thing certain: it's definitely not worth it to skip any blue UFOs from this point on, which might indicate that your UFO route for the first five stages is optimal.

Stage 5 likely needs to be reconsidered from the standpoint of using bombs for grazing (Nazrin's sc?) and collecting items at the points where PoC isn't reachable (for instance, the three large fairies appearing after your first UFO).

I'm still unsure about stage 6, there might be something there. I was pondering a possibility of a 3-UFO item collection plan (green x 165, blue x 420, blue x 303), but even under ideal conditions it gives ~30 less million compared to your current method. Another thing we can be certain about. This puts the maximum base point item value gain from UFO tokens at 54k (meaning that a decent Lunatic run will probably have over 100k by the time it reaches stage 6).

Nice job on the last replay, btw. A shame that you missed that UFO in stage 3, it would have been enough to put you at about 1.53 billion. Anyway, keep up the good work! Meanwhile I'll be taking my part in the STGT. :)

[EDIT]
I see LYX is already up-to-date with the current UFO route. :D He'll likely break 1.6 billion with Marisa-A if he's up for it.

[EDIT2]
Bah, for some reason I didn't realize that entering stage 6 with a non-green UFO token was a mistake. This puts the maximum amount of tokens to be collected for base point value increase to 54.
Last edited by moozooh on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.