DoDonPachi (New Thread #4)

Sapz

Re: DoDonPachi (New Thread #4)

Post by Sapz »

PROMETHEUS wrote:
Sapz wrote:used with Wolfmame 0.99 lagless
What! Was this released ?!
This is what I'm using. Isn't that what it's called? If it's not, sorry, I suppose it's just a habit of mine since I only switched over recently from regular Wolfmame 0.99. :oops:
STGT '11 - #1 | STGT '12 - #1
Zetzumarshen

Post by Zetzumarshen »

PROMETHEUS wrote:
Zetzumarshen wrote:.ASP - 169,173,070 - C-L - 2-6 - 492

.inp at here, using lagless mame 099, dodonpachi international version.
Solid solid survival. With more work on the 1-6 boss I guess you could pull the no miss no bomb needed to score much better at Dodonpachi. Chaining needs work ! I see you also have a lot of knowledge of the whole game, it's nice to see you guys working with savestates, didn't expect to see such good results pop up like that. You seem to be pretty good at dodging too.
So far, I have no luck figuring 1-4 chaining. Only in that run, not even in the savestate practice, I chained at the first building + 2 powerup carriers. Not to mention having no clue with the first big tank just after the flowers, advice for C-L anyone? Haven't seen LtC's replay, but seeing KO's and BR1's replay there left me wanting of weaker laser or faster ship. 1-5 is hard to chained, but now I have figured it out where did I do wrong. 560-hit 1-6 is doable, it's just in that run I've been unlucky (or lucky, considering messing up the route at the tank but still keeping the max bonus).

Could chain 2-1 fine, and with some luck, full chain 2-4 until wall spraying-tanks at near end, need to bomb that one to make sure. Full chaining 2-2 is risky with that midboss.

Oblivious full-runs afterwards, that it's my best, and I think it will be weeks before I could pull something like that again. Thanks a lot for your feedback Prometheus! :D
Subterranean Sun

Post by Subterranean Sun »

Thanks for the feedback Prometheus!
However, I found that even chaining 1-4 is too hard for me... :cry: My current aim is to meet Hibachi.
malik11

Post by malik11 »

Zetzumarshen wrote:So far, I have no luck figuring 1-4 chaining. Only in that run, not even in the savestate practice, I chained at the first building + 2 powerup carriers. Not to mention having no clue with the first big tank just after the flowers, advice for C-L anyone? Haven't seen LtC's replay, but seeing KO's and BR1's replay there left me wanting of weaker laser or faster ship.
I have the same problem in 1-4. I think a very important solution is to use the flower bed trick there, but I haven't figured out how to do that. It seems like it works when I keep enemies away from it, or I use shot to shoot at it or something. Also, I find that 1-4 has many timing-sensitive points, so that's another problem for me.
ncp

Post by ncp »

Zetzumarshen wrote:So far, I have no luck figuring 1-4 chaining. Only in that run, not even in the savestate practice, I chained at the first building + 2 powerup carriers. Not to mention having no clue with the first big tank just after the flowers, advice for C-L anyone? Haven't seen LtC's replay, but seeing KO's and BR1's replay there left me wanting of weaker laser or faster ship.
Not sure how fast the building/tank go down to laser-type but I would think if you moved up the screen enough that you laser it without killing the line of tanks from the side of the screen, as you destroy the ship, kill a single tank in the line, and then just kill them one by one milking time between each one. Should be easy to avoid overkill with the weaker shot. The hard part I think is the 5 or so seconds around the second building. I've seen a couple ways to do it and none of them are easy...
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

I think 1-4 is more difficult to chain than 1-2, and then 1-5 has this even harder point and then 1-6 is even harder to chain again :p
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
Zetzumarshen

Post by Zetzumarshen »

PROMETHEUS wrote:I think 1-4 is more difficult to chain than 1-2, and then 1-5 has this even harder point and then 1-6 is even harder to chain again :p
lol it's the reverse for me. Except 1-2 part.
drboom

Post by drboom »

Upped my score a bit at the Mid-Missouri Meet, still working on the loop.

drboom - 48,704,340 - C-S - 1-All - 303

*edited for a slightly better score. Been working on 50 mil for the loop, but keep making small mistakes. So close to it here. Maybe I should work on chaining more rather than work the multiplier/full-bomb counter.
Last edited by drboom on Sat May 08, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zetzumarshen

Post by Zetzumarshen »

.ASP - 177,185,590 - C-L - 2-5 - 778 - inp, using ddonpach, laglessmame 099
Ravid

Post by Ravid »

Picked up the game again after over a year and what do you know:

Ravid - 128,462,490 - B-L - 2-4 - 491 Hit

Replay available; it's the fourth (!) credit if anyone can be bothered. Pretty good up to stage 6, then failure heaped upon failure in the second loop.
drboom wrote:Upped my score a bit at the Mid-Missouri Meet, still working on the loop.

drboom - 48,704,340 - C-S - 1-All - 303

*edited for a slightly better score. Been working on 50 mil for the loop, but keep making small mistakes. So close to it here. Maybe I should work on chaining more rather than work the multiplier/full-bomb counter.
Good improvement, keep at it! Where do you get your 303 chain?
drboom

Post by drboom »

Thanks :D - I usually can string together a good chunk of the fourth level to get a 300+ chain. I believe a 330+ chain will grant me access to the second loop and it seems like everytime I get it, I cannot consistently pass the last boss.

I have been working on chaining stage 2 and there are some wicked chain breakers there. Still trying to get the first ~100 hit chain through the two tanks that emerge from the bunker and cannot seem to do it for the life of me.
kernow

Post by kernow »

I love this game but I'm not any good by any means, I never seem to get better as it seems to me its all reaction based, I can get to the 5th level boss with C-S (mainly by just holding down autofire) and probably level 4 with A-L - need more practice.

I can't help but feel its cheating using C-S though but I know others will disagree, hold C = oh look big chains! bleh
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

kernow wrote:I love this game but I'm not any good by any means, I never seem to get better as it seems to me its all reaction based, I can get to the 5th level boss with C-S (mainly by just holding down autofire) and probably level 4 with A-L - need more practice.

I can't help but feel its cheating using C-S though but I know others will disagree, hold C = oh look big chains! bleh
C-S is only easier at low levels, then when you get good and want some serious chaining/survival done it's definitely as hard to play as A-L, if not harder !
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

Well, after all this time I finally beat my old score (by a whole 2M, so I don't think I'll bother posting it -_^)

I am, however, finally noticing some consistancy improvements on the first bloody loop. Particularly on some previously troublesome spots (like the 1-5 turrets and 1-6 boss in general.) I've finally no-bomb cleared the first loop a few times, and if I can get a decent run of it I should be able to no-miss it. And if unlike this last run I don't botch my chaining in stage 4 stupidly, even if I screw up the stage 5 chain and ghetto-chain stage 6, I might be looking at breaking the 200M marker.

I also impressed myself on my loop 2 run of this play. I finally got through stage 2 without bombing or dying, which was cool, but then I had to bomb once or twice early in stage 3 (the intro is the hardest part, seriously.) I had 3 lives going into the third boss, and died TWICE very VERY stupidly where I thought I bombed, but apparently did so a frame or two too late. I could have easily bombed my way through stage 4, possibly gotten to stage 5, and improved my score enough to feel it worth posting =P Perhaps next time.
Krondelo

Post by Krondelo »

Not really worth the update but hey I beat my old score my about a million. Good considering I haven't played in ages.

C-S: 27,068,770
Stage 5 Chain 177-Weak. Whats stupid is I made it to Stage 5 with 4 lives, lost them all with more than 3 bomb stock usually.
The path to Heaven is ridden with bullets of Hell.
spl

Post by spl »

Finally got on the scoreboard for this game! Still haven't cleared it but I can feel it coming very soon. This run I no miss/no bomb'd upto stage 4 and then had a stupid 2 misses in stage 4 and then lost the rest of my lives stupidly in stage 5 also.

spl - 44,238,060 - A-L - 1-5 - 458 hit

moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Alright bitches, I looped this game! This time I'm here to stay! \o/

moozooh — 50,590,860 — C-S — 2-1 — 287 hit.

Best dodges in my shmupping history. Fulfilled the loop condition by reaching 50 million — get this — during the star bonus tally after 1-6 boss. Using a P2 ship really paid off here, hehe. Too bad I was kinda raped by 2-1, didn't expect such cruelty from the get-go. No-missed almost the entire 2-2 and most of 2-3 after continuing, though. It seems I can make it to later stages if I try really well, but damn, what a rush already.

I recorded the replay, but unfortunately it desyncs before the winning credit. Might have something to do with the fact that I reset the game with F3 instead of waiting for a gameover on a preceding credit. That's a shame, I really liked this run. :\

Special thanks to nimitz for the lagless MAME, it's all because of its perfectly responsive control that I was able to do exactly what I wanted vast majority of the time.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Nick420

Post by Nick420 »

Hi slightly off-topic. But how do you watch and save those replays? Many thanx in advance :-)
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

For Lagless MAME (ShmupMAME), you'll need the following:

1. ShmupMAME itself.
2. A replay file (.inp) made on the same version of MAME, otherwise it will desync.
3. Run mamefx_lagless137b.exe, find DoDonPachi.
4. To record, right-click, choose "Play and Record Input". To playback, "File" -> "Playback Input".
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Nick420

Post by Nick420 »

Thanx 4 that man. yeah i got lagless mame working 2day. And i must say i think its excellent i had a nice long ddp session. As soon as ive mastered stage 5 and 6 chains i will up a replay with CS i can hit 60 mil at the mo but i think il w8 til i can get atleat 100mil before i post :-) Thanks again
Ravid

Post by Ravid »

Updated.

Krondelo: keep at it and you'll be on the scoreboard in no time :)
moozooh + spl: good stuff
wiNteR

Post by wiNteR »

winteR - 81,110,440 - A-L - 2-6 - ???

I forgot to take note of max chain ... again. Don't think I will be playing this again soon.
Sasupoika

Post by Sasupoika »

Sasupoika - 45,050,170 - C-S - 1-ALL - 310

Could not loop :/
ImageImage
Sasupoika

Post by Sasupoika »

Holy fuck.

Sasupoika - 76,001,810 - C-S - 2-4 - 337 Hit

Just what. I blame the zone.
Oh fuck my hands are shaking so much.

Here is the inp.:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iakidnzmj ... UPOIKA.inp

( ddonpchj )
This is for MAME+ GUI 1.4.9c. I did take small pause during stage 2 to help my mother with groceries.
ImageImage
TLB

Post by TLB »

Nice damn job, Sasu!
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Wow, that's some survival power you have going on there.
spl

Post by spl »

Nice job Sasupoika! Hopefully I can catch up soon.

Small improvement for me, not sure on the max hit since I stupidly only snapshotted the game over screen and not the high score screen. I 1-ALL'd this already but haven't been able to get a good scoring run into the 2nd loop yet. Still working on stage 4 and 5 chains. This run went all downhill at stage 5 and 6, haha.

spl - A-L - 56,991,100 - 1-6 - ??? hit

drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Man, got a long way to go before making it on this board. My best run so far is 28,785,690 just a little bit into Stage 6. Still mostly working on the 1CC before I get heavy into chaining, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.
TLB

Post by TLB »

Posting for a lurker friend:

Zerst // 65,914,270 // C-S // 2-3 // 245
Ravid

Post by Ravid »

Finally got around to updating. Some nice activity here :!: