DoDonPachi (New Thread #4)

Zetzumarshen

Re: DoDonPachi (New Thread #4)

Post by Zetzumarshen »

@RNGMaster: I wish 1-3 and 2-3 somehow only just spew the spiral pattern. In any case, I do not need to bomb him selectively as I always die with bomb in stock. So if the MAX bonus has already subsided then he can eat my all of bomb stock :twisted:

@Prometheus: weird, the link is OK with me, but here it is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LQO6GVPK
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Nice job Zetzumarchen!
230M is starting to get serious... What are your DoDonPachi plans for the future ?
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

Heh heh, I did a double play of this game, which seems to be a bit easier. I just 1-ALL'ed it because I didn't got all the requirements. Besides, it's really difficult for me to handle 2nd loop. I am using C-S on both players in this one.
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

I just found out something pretty big...
I found out how to manipulate Hibachi's patterns speed. You guys who saved-states-practiced him ever noticed how some of his patterns have variable speed ? It is seemingly randomly decided at some point between the first and second form of Hibachi.
I nocited NAI in his C-S 630M superplay, doing an odd move when he destroyed Hibachi's first form : he moves as far as possible to the side of the screen while the first form is exploding. I saw this and thought "this is really weird, it seems he remembered to do that move at that precise moment like there was a reason to do it... but what reason ?". I thought of last pattern speed really fast when I remembered the words of a DDP superplayer in some interview. That guy was talking about another DDP player who had claimed that he had "found a way through Hibachi's last pattern". "That's impossible !", the interviewed guy said.

I had thought about this quite a few times. If only the random speed of that damn pattern could be manipulated. Because it is like twice as hard at its fastest, compared to how hard it is at its slowest. Well, execute NAI's "side of the screen during first form explosion" move, and you got it. Hibachi's second form's speed is set to slowest. What the hell ^^

So far has worked 100% in my practice sessions. Works on either side of the screen. I tried it over 10 times as A-L, playing as 2nd player. My consistency increases quite a bit thanks to this. It makes life slightly easier during the 1st, 2nd and 3rd pattern, and much easier during the true last pattern. So you'll get those additionnal spare lives, or 2-ALL, more often !
Last edited by PROMETHEUS on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

tinotormed wrote:Heh heh, I did a double play of this game, which seems to be a bit easier. I just 1-ALL'ed it because I didn't got all the requirements. Besides, it's really difficult for me to handle 2nd loop. I am using C-S on both players in this one.
You can't loop when playing as 2 players.
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

RNGmaster wrote:You can't loop when playing as 2 players.
I know. I am just playing this game for fun, because I am not really good at this one either. The reason is, I like Ketsui more than this. So maybe, I'll try playing as 1P soon when I am ready to take this one. I still like Cave though, even for some of their creations.
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
Zetzumarshen

Post by Zetzumarshen »

@Prometheus :

Future plan is... shooting for consistency. My form dipped since getting 230m.

Could you link me to NAI's superplay? I tried your method but didn't see any change in Hibachi's difficulty, or I'm not familiar with him enough with Hibachi so I can't see the difference.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Zetzumarshen wrote:@Prometheus :

Future plan is... shooting for consistency. My form dipped since getting 230m.

Could you link me to NAI's superplay? I tried your method but didn't see any change in Hibachi's difficulty, or I'm not familiar with him enough with Hibachi so I can't see the difference.
If you want to improve consistency, I'm guessing you are intending to learn more precise routes to chain all stages of first loop, right ? If you can get them all and survive as well as you did previously, 300M is right around the corner !
Follow me on Twitch??
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Hoho guys, just now on the French forum, a guy came out of nowhere and posted a 616M A-L score ! No clue whether he's for real or not, obviously such an achievement suddenly poping out of nowhere from an unknown, newly registered French player sounds super bogus but let's see! Just asked him for a wolfmame inp to check his skills.

So far he has shortly introduced himself, posted a few DDP DFK Xbox360 scores with pics, up to 49B, one 2-ALL playing as Strong, and then this DDP score.

Will I have held the uncontested occidental champion title for only a few weeks ? ;]

here is his proof pic :
http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=1012 ... 830229.jpg

Link to French thread : http://forum.shmup.com/viewtopic.php?p=275705#p275705

IS THIS THE NEXT DDP DRAMA 2010/2011 ?
Do you think that guy is for real ? Discuss !
Follow me on Twitch??
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

PROMETHEUS wrote:Will I have held the uncontested occidental champion title for only a few weeks ? ;]

here is his proof pic :
http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=1012 ... 830229.jpg
You are/were the reported holder of the top western score. This guy (FLO) until recently was unreported and while the chances in the west for scores so high are slim, how can anyone be certain when people "[come] out of nowhere" that there aren't more unreported and skilled players? You cannot, all you can do is speculate.

As with law, I say innocent until proven guilty.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
PROMETHEUS

Re:

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Limbrooke wrote:As with law, I say innocent until proven guilty.
I agree.
I'm pretty excited about this actually. A true competitor, at last ??
It's like the minute I reach the very top, there is a true last boss around the corner. Amazing and awesome :D

I'm totally waiting to see more. Have you guys seen the Hellsing anime ? Remember when Alucard realizes a very powerful opponent just arrived in England ? Remember how insanely excited he feels and looks, because he can finally put himself against an enemy of his rank ? That's a little how I'm starting to feel now :D :D

Although if he's for real for now I'm lower.

BWAHAHAHA I'M LOVING THIS
Shmups forums have never been as much fun
Follow me on Twitch??
=SNC=

Post by =SNC= »

Well joining a forum just to post an outrageous high score in the form of a "PIC" it's ridiculous...either the guy is a Pro but discovered the internet yesterday and know nothing about recording inps and stuff or he's just a blatant lier/happy troller/attention whore. Ask him for some solid proofs: if he give 'em to you, that's ok (obv.) else just leave him alone and ignore him 'cause guys like that love to get all the attention and the people asking for videos/inps.
Limbrooke wrote:
PROMETHEUS wrote:As with law, I say innocent until proven guilty.
Sry but I think your logic doesn't apply here, things work the other way round when a record is involved: if, for example, I go around boasting that I run 100 mts in 9.52 seconds people will laugh at me and call me a lier/idiot/attention whore until I prove the opposite. The guy posted a very high score out of nowhere, for me, he is a lier/troller/attention whore until he sends solid proofs. If he really score 600 than...chapeau!

P.S.: also if you follow my logic you'll get rid of 99% of drama concerning records.
Last edited by =SNC= on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

I don't know, there is something about him that tells me he might be for real.
His DFK scores are nothing special but they seem to prove some significant skills, because he says he has barely played DFK before the XBOX port came out, and I don't know any way to easily fake a DFK score screen photo, and he 2-ALL'd it very fast (in strong mode).

There is also the fact that in the intro thread, he said something about where he lives and that he'd be glad to meet other shmuppers. I think a cheater would rather create mystery around himself and avoid meeting players.

I mean he might be a huge troll but... maybe not ???!!
Up until now UNREPORTED, and FRENCH dodonpachi pro ??

Shouldn't get excited too fast. Hope people will understand why score verification matters now. But right now I really want him to post a few wolfmame .inps that prove he's got skills, then another inp that beats my score or comes really close. Then the battle could begin, always verified by wolfmame inps.

I had dreamed of this when I beat BR1's score. I wanted to battle it out with someone else instead of just fighting the game alone.
Last edited by PROMETHEUS on Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Twitch??
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

=SNC= wrote:
Limbrooke wrote:
PROMETHEUS wrote:As with law, I say innocent until proven guilty.
Sry but I think your logic doesn't apply here, things work the other way round when a record is involved: if, for example, I go around boasting that I run 100 mts in 9.52 seconds people will laugh at me and call me a lier/idiot/attention whore until I prove the opposite. The guy posted a very high score out of nowhere, for me, he is a lier/troller/attention whore until he sends solid proofs. If he really score 600 than...chapeau!

P.S.: also if you follow my logic you'll get rid of 99% of drama concerning records.
Well I think so far we have no reason to go "guilty" at that guy at all, let's wait to see if he's really cooperative and willing to provide proof. If he isn't, he's very probably a faker. Without proof for his 616M score itself, it cannot be considered "officially" real. But let's see what happens now, and whatever he does provide proof for will be his aknowledged verified score.

In my mind anyway, I know some people like to blindly trust everyone ;)
Follow me on Twitch??
=SNC=

Post by =SNC= »

Maybe you're right but everytime I've seen a guy coming out of the blue posting fabulous scores they all proved to be lier. That's why I'm biased. I hope he's real anyway, that could be BIG, another strong guy cracking up DDP: that would be awesome ;-)
captpain

Post by captpain »

It's a little suspicious but I hope he's for real. It'd be really cool if a player like that sort of just popped out of nowhere, and obviously I'd love to see Prometheus go into some next-level DDP raging.
linko9

Post by linko9 »

Hopefully a scoring battle breaks out between Prom and this new guy, which eventually results in breaking the WR :D Vive la France!
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Wasn't there also some Polish guy who 2-ALL'd DDP? Destructor or something his name was.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

moozooh wrote:Wasn't there also some Polish guy who 2-ALL'd DDP? Destructor or something his name was.
Destructor has 2-ALL'd donpachi with all three of the ships, not DDP though.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

The guy finally answered with a long post and honestly, so far he seems for real !!!
Follow me on Twitch??
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

sikraiken wrote:
moozooh wrote:Wasn't there also some Polish guy who 2-ALL'd DDP? Destructor or something his name was.
Destructor has 2-ALL'd donpachi with all three of the ships, not DDP though.
Yeah Destructor planned to 2-ALL DDP, he managed to get up to hibachi that's when he severely burned out to the point where he quit the game forever. I tried to convince him to come back to it, but I wasn't able to. And since that, he basically quit arcade scene.
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Kaiser wrote:Yeah Destructor planned to 2-ALL DDP, he managed to get up to hibachi that's when he severely burned out to the point where he quit the game forever. I tried to convince him to come back to it, but I wasn't able to. And since that, he basically quit arcade scene.
DDP also made me hate video games at one point :p
Follow me on Twitch??
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

Kaiser wrote:
sikraiken wrote:Destructor has 2-ALL'd donpachi with all three of the ships, not DDP though.
Yeah Destructor planned to 2-ALL DDP, he managed to get up to hibachi that's when he severely burned out to the point where he quit the game forever. I tried to convince him to come back to it, but I wasn't able to. And since that, he basically quit arcade scene.
I didn't know about him getting that far in DDP. That's a real shame to hear but he certainly put in his time and is/was a damned good player.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
Aguraki

Post by Aguraki »

PROMETHEUS wrote: Shouldn't get excited too fast. Hope people will understand why score verification matters now. But right now I really want him to post a few wolfmame .inps that prove he's got skills, then another inp that beats my score or comes really close. Then the battle could begin, always verified by wolfmame inps.
If his score is real and his story true,then you can't compete with him now since he says it was 5 years ago.
He says he'd have to train to score 400M to provide an inp.

There is a federer/nadal analogy in the thread,but it's not the good one.
A right analogy would be federer vs borg,or lebron vs jordan.

Different times,and your peak doesn't match his time,so it would be unfair to let's say ask a live compete with him.

All that if his story is true obv.
Which I think it's credible.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Yeah you're right.
Anyway, not sure about this yet, there is one or two things that he said that are weird. One is his answer against the possibility that his score was faked (he said if the run was cheated in, then his name wouldn't appear in the ranking.. doesn't make sense). The other one is he says he knows someone who is better than him. That's odd to say the least, one guy scoring insanely high staying hidden forever is very surprising already (few japanese have scored over 500M as far as I've been told, even SWY stopped playing around 500M), but now two ?

Still, credible story so far. There is no way he will be able to prove his 616M score though cause he definitely hasn't recorded it if he really did it.
Follow me on Twitch??
spl

Post by spl »

PROMETHEUS wrote:Yeah you're right.
Anyway, not sure about this yet, there is one or two things that he said that are weird. One is his answer against the possibility that his score was faked (he said if the run was cheated in, then his name wouldn't appear in the ranking.. doesn't make sense). The other one is he says he knows someone who is better than him. That's odd to say the least, one guy scoring insanely high staying hidden forever is very surprising already (few japanese have scored over 500M as far as I've been told, even SWY stopped playing around 500M), but now two ?

Still, credible story so far. There is no way he will be able to prove his 616M score though cause he definitely hasn't recorded it if he really did it.
SWY stopped playing at around 640M according to the interview on gamengai.

Remember the WR is 748M. I wonder what's missing from the 600M superplays to get that extra almost 150M. :shock:
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

Chaining improvements, not actually dropping the chain or max (no bombing/dying!), end of game bonus (again, no dying), getting the max # of hits on hibachi (along with all the other bosses) instead of just trying to survive him, using 2P side for a very small score boost, all bees, all big stars you can get, small too, max bullet cancelling, and flowers.

Welcome to 750m+. All of that combined would put you well over 750m.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

PROMETHEUS wrote:Yeah you're right.

That's the most suspicious thing to me - you'd think that he would want to record such a crazy feat of skill.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Thought SWY had given up at 500M something, can't remember who told me that.
sikraiken wrote:Chaining improvements, not actually dropping the chain or max (no bombing/dying!), end of game bonus (again, no dying), getting the max # of hits on hibachi (along with all the other bosses) instead of just trying to survive him, using 2P side for a very small score boost, all bees, all big stars you can get, small too, max bullet cancelling, and flowers.

Welcome to 750m+. All of that combined would put you well over 750m.
Actually I did all of that in saved states : optimized chaining, never dropping chain or maximum bonus, only 1 miss @hibachi (like in WTN's run, as I heard), 100hits at hibachi, using 2P side, all bees, stars and flowers, max bullet cancelling tactics. The score I get in the end with all this is 696M.
The only thing I'm missing is stage 5 900+ hit chain or something, which I have never seen done anywhere and really wonder how it can be done. But even this should only earn me 10 to 15 more millions I think, as it's not a lot of additional hits. Done in 1-5 AND 2-5, that's 20 to 30 more millions. With some more chaining optimization, I could imagine 5 more millions earned from other stages. Also, cancelling more bullets at Hibachi could earn me another 4M. That's 735M. Where the hell did WTN get the other 14, I do not understand yet. Did he even really do all of this perfectly, including the 1-5 and 2-5 chains, without breaking any chains at all ? All optimization tricks performed perfectly ?

I don't think you can get "well over 750M", I think WTN's best run is probably very close to ultra perfection.
Follow me on Twitch??
linko9

Post by linko9 »

Well there is a TAS out there with 759m, as I'm sure you're aware, so it's technically possible using the scoring methods we already know about, though obviously there's no guarantee that SOF-WTN didn't have some crazy trick up his sleeve.