[OLD] Muchi Muchi Pork! (arcade)

Mills

Re: Muchi Muchi Pork! (arcade)

Post by Mills »

Kinda surprised that the 3077440 points margin between World and Western record isn't considerably bigger.
DEL

Post by DEL »

Yeah, its not like the Japanese to leave a gap in the market, but anyhow I'm gonna exploit it.
After the impending score, I also won't be surprised to find that AKF never finds out that his record has been beaten.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Harahara just sounds like it's way unoptimized. Just take a look at the 1 loop score for first loop compared to the 1 loop score for second loop.

I'm guessing people just don't want to risk trying to dodge a lot of that crap to milk that much. Not a surprise when stuff like the stage 2 midboss and part after can easily wall you, stage 1 midboss is pretty much a wall too that you hopefully cancel before it hits you, those unsealable suicide bullets at parts, and a few other patterns that are either walls or near walls(stage 3 boss second phase, stage 5 part right before the boss).

I can see why people wouldn't want to risk milking the bosses as much and would rather just kill them quickly when they may need the resources elsewhere.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Almost there, DEL!
DEL wrote:I need the ST1 Midboss to spew out the dense pattern and its random.
If you hold your fire until he shoots the cannon, he'll spew the dense pattern every time. The problem then becomes not getting blown away. Strategies for killing him vary a lot between player types and I don't know how to handle him with Rafute.
Chaos Phoenixma wrote:I'm guessing people just don't want to risk trying to dodge a lot of that crap to milk that much.
It's never stopped them before! I think the low Japanese record means two things: 1) there's a higher record out there and/or 2) the top MMP players just don't play this mode. 250m+ is possible but no one has really made the push for those scores yet.

Edit: Well, that was easy to find.

CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Haha wow

Don't let that stop you, DEL :3
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Is that at Hey? I seem to recall MMP! having some weird configuration last time I was there…
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Yeah, I think it's very likely the HEY cabinet with the "every 5 million" extend settings.

Still, 246m in Harahara with that setting is pretty beastly and for me casts further doubt on the 173m score being the highest. If abc-pauler could get 246m with those settings, I'm sure he could get well over 200m on default.

Be that as it may, the 173m record stands for now until DEL claims it.
DEL

Post by DEL »

NTSC-J wrote:
Yeah, I think it's very likely the HEY cabinet with the "every 5 million" extend settings.

Still, 246m in Harahara with that setting is pretty beastly and for me casts further doubt on the 173m score being the highest. If abc-pauler could get 246m with those settings, I'm sure he could get well over 200m on default.

Be that as it may, the 173m record stands for now until DEL claims it.
Right then, 5mil extends is very far from default, so I'm gonna assume the 173mil record is legit and beat that.
I will mark my score "Unofficial WR" anyway.

Cheers
DEL

Post by DEL »

Harahara Arcade 1.0

DEL - 174,567,640 - ALL - Rafute - New Unofficial World Record

I missed the 4mil from the last form of the Last Boss. In fact I missed the kills on ALL forms of the Last Boss :roll: . Plus I lost my chain on the very worst section - the ST4 plane rush. Yet still got the WR.
I'm currently playing at a level of 185mil+ if bullshit doesn't occur, but of course on this handicap Arcade 1.0, it always does.

Stage scores:

ST1 - 18.1mil
ST2 - 40mil
ST3 - 70mil
ST4 - 120mil (despite the chain loss)

Regs,

BORDERDEL
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

The domination continues. Well played!
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Congrats on going FULL PORK, DEL!
DEL

Post by DEL »

Thanks ratikal and CstarFlare
I'll keep going. I need to set something closer to my actual potential (180mil+).

Cheers

EDIT:- Adding demo vid.

Pork Tip

In the interests of Going Full Pork, I thought I'd record a quick Demo vid to show the Double-Tap Method I use to get as much as 9.3mil upon destruction of the ST1 Midboss. This is for Harahara Arcade 1.0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENLq74O50dQ
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

Glad to see that you're still going strong with MMP, DEL! Big congrats!
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Nice work, DEL.

I like your stage 1 mid-boss method. I'll have to tweak it a bit for Ikuo, but it looks more reliable than my crap shoot safe spot method.

Is jpj still around? There's a typo on the overall scores listing, I should be above awo.
DEL

Post by DEL »

Cheers pestro87 & NTSC-J :)

NTSC-J - Yes I think my method is much more reliable. Dodging through the less dense circular pattern is easy. Then its only down to precise timing on the dense form kill.
As for jpj, no sign for a long while. I think he moved over to the VS Fighter side of things.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

NTSC-J wrote:Is jpj still around?
It looks as if he isn't. I PM'ed him to overtake his Pink Sweets hiscore topic and didn't get a reply back after a week. Someone should open a new MMP topic.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
DEL

Post by DEL »

Right, I'll nominate NTSC-J to open a new MMP Arcade thread, unless he's not in the mood...? :)
DEL

Post by DEL »

Harahara Arcade 1.0

DEL - 186,001,630 - ALL - Rafute - New World Record

Stage breakdown:

ST1 - 16.8mil (low)
ST2 - 37mil (low)
ST3 - 70mil (high)
ST4 - 125mil (v high)
ST5 - 61mil for the stage. 2mil below my best but considering the pressure I'm very happy with it.

I was on my last life, last bomb, last form of Last Boss with 179mil. Needed 1 mil from the bomb for the 180mil extend. Got it and leeched up 2 bombs then max killed the last form.

Unbroken chain for the whole run and everything max killed including the ST3 MidBoss dense form, the hairline 2nd form of the ST4 Boss and the very hairline ST5 tank.
There's no way I can beat this Rafute score. An optimized run.

Regs,

DEL
Last edited by DEL on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

DEL wrote:Unbroken chain for the whole run and everything max killed including the ST3 MidBoss dense form, the hairline 2nd form of the ST4 Boss and the very hairline ST5 tank.
There's no way I can beat this Rafute score. An optimized run.
Wow. :shock: Great job!
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Good score, DEL.

What's next?
DEL

Post by DEL »

Thanks Keres.

NTSC-J wrote:
Good score, DEL.

What's next?
Next could be you beating it with Ikuo :idea:

I think I'm gonna mess around with Ikuo and Momo on Harahara 1.01, just for fun. I'm sure your 1.01 Leaderboard No.1 score won't be challenged :wink:
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

DEL wrote:Next could be you beating it with Ikuo :idea:
I've done some warm-up credits, but I have so little time (maybe a few credits a week), it may take me a while to catch up. 186m is a nice score (your stage 3 and 4 scores are very healthy) so it will take some planning and good execution.

Personally, I'd like to see you improve your 1.0 Rafute score. Your Harahara score is now much higher and my 181m is within your reach.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

DEL wrote:I think I'm gonna mess around with Ikuo and Momo on Harahara 1.01, just for fun. I'm sure your 1.01 Leaderboard No.1 score won't be challenged :wink:
DEL, Just play 1.00. Seriously. (-‸ლ)

(Good job on the Harahara score!)
DEL

Post by DEL »

NTSC-J wrote:
Personally, I'd like to see you improve your 1.0 Rafute score. Your Harahara score is now much higher and my 181m is within your reach.
I will improve my old 1.0 Rafute score but I don't think it'll be anything special.
EDIT:- Played a credit of Arcade 1.0 Rafute: 156,096,840 ALL with a missed kill on the last form. Further confirming my dislike for 1.0.
Double EDIT:-
Arcade 1.0
DEL - 157,596,810 - ALL - Rafute

Triple EDIT:-
Arcade 1.0
DEL - 155,554,920 - ALL - Momo
^Garbage. Momo's laser depletes super fast on 1.0. Not worth bothering with.

------------------------------

As for your Harahara 1.0 with Ikuo, I guess you'll need to work out a survival strategy, as there's a potential 20mil to be gained from the Last Boss if you can get there with some lives.

Icarus wrote:
DEL, Just play 1.00. Seriously. (-‸ლ)
Joker :!:
(Good job on the Harahara score!)
Cheers.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

This thread will now be locked due to jpj's inactivity, and taken over by CHI (when he gets around to creating the new topic).
Will update this post when it's ready.
EDIT: New thread: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54254