DoDonPachi (New Thread #3)

DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

Congrats Arvandor.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Arvandor wrote:Better watch out Prometheus... I'm coming for you -_^

In a few hundred more hours of play anyways... If not more at the rate I suck it up 8)
my current high score is higher than 400M, good luck ;]
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Time for Plasmo to be extremely surprised™ then. :)
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

i am a secret dodonpachi player, i hide my score, but i am very skillful, i just dont show off here, because i am cool.
(I visited SWY yesterday, we played some credits ddp and i won, my current hi-score is over 700mil)

I owned you all
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

400m....ok....I'm EXTREMELY SURPRISED and speechless. :shock:
That's like no miss up to 2-5 or something.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

PROMETHEUS wrote: my current high score is higher than 400M, good luck ;]
So why aren't you posting it here? Pulling a Billy Mitchell are we?
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Dave_K. wrote:
PROMETHEUS wrote: my current high score is higher than 400M, good luck ;]
So why aren't you posting it here? Pulling a Billy Mitchell are we?
lol

nah, I just thought I'd surprise people with the final big score I want to make, but it's taking way longer than I thought, mostly because I'm not playing as much as I thought I would. I get bored too quickly because of the first 4 stages, and to make things worse I still miss there sometimes.

I think I'll post one of the replays where I do a perfect loop 1 run though, with 198M with the full stage 6 chain and all [credits to zlk and JCK who helped me learn it !].
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Cool, looking forward to watching that! I'm sure the Japanese pro's suffer with the same stupid issues on the first loop...so the superplays we see are more luck in the first loop and skill in the second. :wink:
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

I'm very much looking forward to see a full chain stage 6! Would be nice if you consider releasing an .avi of that replay, too. Take your time, if it's worth it!
I like chocolate milk

moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Yeah, and please make sure the sound is included this time. :roll:
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Plasmo wrote:Would be nice if you consider releasing an .avi of that replay, too. Take your time, if it's worth it!
Yeah I plan on making a video of the final run, a video of a perfect loop 1 and maybe a bonus video of some sort.
moozooh wrote:Yeah, and please make sure the sound is included this time.
That crappy video of my Guwange run that was uploaded on superplay.co.uk wasn't uploaded by me. I have no idea who made and uploaded it, JCK was working on making the video at the time and there is no sound problem in his ~! I wanted to upload his vid on superplay.co.uk to replace the other but kind of forgot about it >.<

Anyway, yeah the stage 6 chain is really cool, it's the most fun to do and the 2 parts that I didn't know how to do before are just kind of hard and cool I think.

Edit

There it is : A-L perfect loop1 replay. Actually it's more like "nearly perfect" because I missed a few hits in 1-5 and 2 hits in 1-6, but whatever ;] It scores 198M in loop1. Then it's a miss @2-3 boss, followed by numerous mistakes through the 3 last stages, death at Hibachi with a nice score, although it is not my current best.

japanese ddp rom addon required || recorded with wolfmame99
Last edited by PROMETHEUS on Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

PROMETHEUS wrote: There it is : A-L perfect loop1 replay. Actually it's more like "nearly perfect" because I missed a few hits in 1-5 and 2 hits in 1-6, but whatever ;] It scores 198M in loop1.
Which wolfmame did you make this with, because with 106 you got pwnd at the first boss. :lol:
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

oh fuck I pwned my post with edit

Edit : nevermind I unpwned my edit-pwned post by going back. So yeah, like it says, wolfmame99 ;p
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

Shockingly good replay there PRO :shock:
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

GREAT replay Prom! Probably all but one of the deaths were more than preventable, you really have the potential to clear this game, which is very impressive. :shock:
I guess the end bit of 1-5 is not chainable but do you know if 2-5 is fully chainable?
I really enjoyed your 1-6, too. :wink: Thanks very much for releasing the .inp!
I like chocolate milk

elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

Referring to the perfect loops 1:
Stage 3 could've been done a bit better

I noticed 2 other nice things.
Firstly a little area with sparkling flowers which can be chained without destroying them!
Also nice strategy at the last boss last pattern in loops 1.

At the second loop you had to take some utterly stupid death, where you should've bombed more.
On the other hand you did a lot of risks in 2-6, and pulled though the hardest area without bombing.
That was thrilling to watch
(I thought this was a bad replay, so i assumed you were dying there)
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Where exactly? Prom didn't lose more than 100k there, I think (correct me if I'm wrong) You can't really pull off any good chains there.
I like chocolate milk

Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

Plasmo wrote:you really have the potential to clear this game
He has cleared it. Multiple times if I'm not mistaken. Just apparently not with a satisfactory score.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

Plasmo wrote:
Where exactly? Prom didn't lose more than 100k there, I think (correct me if I'm wrong) You can't really pull off any good chains there.
It just wasnt PERFECT.
Nevermind that, lol
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Plasmo wrote:I guess the end bit of 1-5 is not chainable but do you know if 2-5 is fully chainable?
Apparently that's how the world record was made, and it's apparently done by applying your laser at point blank to the last ships that are normally chainable, and switching to shot a fraction of a second before they die. This way, you can destroy them with your shot instantly before your low hit meter even has time to deplete, and in 2nd loop destroying an enemy with your shot fully replenishes the hit meter. Hit meter that happens to be twice as lengthy in time than in loop1, meaning you have plenty of time to reach the next enemies and use the same technique to destroy them if need be. Such a feat in 2-5 could probably produce 20M additional points, but it's so risky and hard in timing that a player who plans on doing this in his final run is going to have to play a hundred times as many runs to succeed I guess.

For my "perfect" loop1, technically you can leach a couple more points and I guess you could get 201 or 202M with everything done really perfectly + bonus points for playing on player 2 side. But it just doesn't matter much at all, my best loop1 runs demonstrate how to do everything that's hard to do and that really counts. Someone who wants to figure out how to connect the star carriers to the large blue ships in Stage 3 as well as leeching a few more hits in some stages won't have too much of a hard time figuring that out, plus they really won't be well rewarded for the effort.
Arvandor wrote:He has cleared it. Multiple times if I'm not mistaken. Just apparently not with a satisfactory score.
Yeah I've cleared it 4 times now I think. I can't still be satisfied with my best run, although it doesn't have nearly as many "stupid" mistakes as the run I just posted, because I know there is potential for a little better, and that "little better" is worth a lot of points. In the run I just posted, I knew it wasn't going to be "the" run so all the stupid mistakes are probably partly due to the fact that I was trying to force myself to succeed as practice. Or maybe I was serious and I just fucked up, I don't remember. It was run #184 and the last run I did was #218 or something ^_^
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

so, the score in your replay also represents your current best score?
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

ELF wrote:so, the score in your replay also represents your current best score?
PMT wrote:although it is not my current best.
BTW, SOF-WTN had 217mill after the first loop on his WR credit. (C-S world record holder had 225mill after loop 1) so you're pretty damn close to it.
I like chocolate milk

PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

elfhentaifan wrote:so, the score in your replay also represents your current best score?
no no I did quite better than that.
Plasmo wrote:BTW, SOF-WTN had 217mill after the first loop on his WR credit. (C-S world record holder had 225mill after loop 1) so you're pretty damn close to it.
uhuhuh I didn't know that @__@ Well that's a true mystery for me, I have no clue where he could get those additional 20M. Actually the only possibility I'm seeing is that he actually found a way to full chain 1-5 but I didn't think it was possible. Then my "perfect loop1" misses that chain to be a true "perfect" demonstration. I will not try to do it :p
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Takuro's 759M TAS (which is the highest scoring playthrough available to us at the moment) had 205.4M by the end of the first loop. Here's a breakdown of his chains:

Code: Select all

Stage 1-1 chains: 191+61
Stage 1-1 boss:    94 (3.814M)
Stage 1-2 chains: 485 (full)
Stage 1-2 boss:   215 (19.65M)
Stage 1-3 chains: 109+11+58+22+20+17+17+77+14
Stage 1-3 boss:   353 (39.74M)
Stage 1-4 chains: 694 (full)
Stage 1-4 boss:   171 (75.54M)
Stage 1-5 chains: 855+24
Stage 1-5 boss:   132 (133.3M)
Stage 1-6 chains: 827 (full)
Stage 1-6 boss:   260 (205.4M)
I'm very unsure WTN managed to get additional 12 millions by full-chaining 1-5, I'd rather look into reducing the amount of chainbreaks in stage 3; like, possibly, not waiting for bullet-canceling ships to come closer to the bottom of the screen, and instead continuing the chain? Although that would hardly bring 12 millions, too… :|
jpj

Post by jpj »

check the picture in this background...

i think he must be fully chaining stage 5 :!:
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Well, that probably comes from 2-5 as mentioned before.
I like chocolate milk

moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Good call, but there are no 926 hits in 1-5.

[EDIT]
Beaten by Plasmo. :)
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

jpj wrote:check the picture in this background...

i think he must be fully chaining stage 5 :!:
yeah but 2-5, probably not 1-5.

Edit : beaten by plasmo + moozooh.
jpj

Post by jpj »

you're probably right. but if there aren't 926 available hits in 1-5, how could there be 926 hits available in 2-5? just more popcorn enemies? maybe you can ask how he got that 1 loop score on his blog :)
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

No the enemies are the same in loop 1 and 2, but the chaining system is different, so what is chain-able in loop 2 isn't necessarily chain-able in loop 1. And I didn't think 926 hits were chain-able in 1-5, although a score of 217M or 225M at the end of loop 1 suggests so.