DoDonPachi (New Thread #3)

Dan Hibiki

Post by Dan Hibiki »

Wow.
Never thought that submitting my score would cause so much discussion... I do have an INP of that play, but I need to look for it on my PC. I'm gonna post it as soon as possible.
jpj

Post by jpj »

thanks dan :)
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Sometimes bad things happen that you wouldn't think could happen to you anymore : missing in stage 3, or 2. But you do. I even found myself missing in stage 1, immediately restarting, overwriting the previous inp and pretending nothing happened.

But today I did the most shameful mistake I ever did. I missed at the ship selection screen by unwittingly choosing A-S.

*cry*
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

Haha, I've done that one before. Pressed right + start, but I jumped the gun on pressing right so it didn't move over, and I selected A-S. Reach up, press F3, try again. It would suck much more if I were trying to record inps =)

I'm glad even you do stupid shit like dying on the early stages. It's always so insanely frustrating to do something stupid like die on the first boss.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Yeah, I recently realized I could miss ANYTHING if I'm just not focused properly or something. I even died on one of the first bullets in stage 1 once.
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

Yeah, one of the last tanks you kill on the right side before that very first bee doesn't usually fire. But every once in a while he will, and if I'm not paying attention, I'm likely to die from it.

It's ... amazing? But not in a good way.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

He won't if you're close enough to him.

I just did 3 runs, two of them I died on the stage 1-3 boss because I forgot to move from point blank before 150 hits (twice in a row^^ amazing). Then powned by something easy in stage 3 again. What The Hell ^^
neo

Post by neo »

I recorded a pretty good run with xmame 0.99. It's pretty much the same as my 95 millions run except I cut the chain halfway through stage 4 this time, that's why the score is a bit lower, only 83 millions: http://rapidshare.com/files/106856982/d ... l.inp.html .
I don't know if you will be able to play it back with a windows version of MAME, you can download the source code from xmame 0.99 here, it should be possible to compile it in windows, but I can't help you with this.
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

Well, it's been a while since I've seen the second loop. I mainly got there because I realized using 1 bomb if you don't have max bomb bonus doesn't actually affect your score ^_^ At least... I don't think it does. So if I didn't have max bomb bonus I'd allow myself one panic bomb.

Did horrible on the second loop though. Died to the stage 1 midboss >_< Also didn't break my old high, only got 62M.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Can't get anywhere close to my 110M now, naturally.

I did get a nice 80M run, but the inp keeps desynching or is corrupted or something. Actually now that I did some testing, anything I record in mame0124b desynchs about 1.5 minutes in ;-(

Anyone else had this issue?
neo

Post by neo »

Vorpal wrote:Can't get anywhere close to my 110M now, naturally.

I did get a nice 80M run, but the inp keeps desynching or is corrupted or something. Actually now that I did some testing, anything I record in mame0124b desynchs about 1.5 minutes in ;-(

Anyone else had this issue?
All versions of MAME after 0.99 have trouble with INP recording and save states in Cave games, you should use wolfmameplus 0.99 (you can download it here) if your OS is windows.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Arvandor wrote:Did horrible on the second loop though. Died to the stage 1 midboss >_< Also didn't break my old high, only got 62M.
Sometimes this guy can be really quite hard. It's random. The worst random thing is probably the 2-3 midboss or the 2-3 boss. I call them the RunBreakers ^_^
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Ok thanks Neo, I'll try it out.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

yeah! 30 hits! and 40 more millions. But I'm still hungry...
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

Stop the spamming and post a real score.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

30 hits, that's badass. :D
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Ok, I reverted back to mame 099b and it works fine, first run was full of horrible mistakes, but at least the recording didn't desynch ;-)

That's pretty weird though, for core features of the program to be broken (save states, input replay). Isn't the point of releasing subsequent updates to a program to be improvements on said program?

Anyway, now my highest score that I can prove is:

Vorpal - 61,092,650 - C-S - 1-7 - 317

That should at least get me back on the board, gonna work on recording a 90M run now.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

1-7 ? Hibachi moves to first loop !

and I'll post a real score when I feel like it :P !
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

Vorpal wrote: That should at least get me back on the board, gonna work on recording a 90M run now.
You already did such a score once, so i guess its not impossible to do so again. Hang in there climb to the peak of the chart
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Heh, yeah meant stage 6. Too much Garegga.

Had a really good run just now but completely lost my rhythm on the stage 5 boss, was downhill from there.

Vorpal - 79.643,210 - C-S - 1-6 - 407
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

update.
Hang in there Vorpal!
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

only my 4th credit in 2 months
i beat my score and shoe samas finally ! :P

charlie chong - 44,405,730 - C-S - 1-6 - 403

(not sure whether thats 0 or 8 at the end but i put 0 anyways)
MX7

Post by MX7 »

charlie chong wrote:only my 4th credit in 2 months
i beat my score and shoe samas finally ! :P

charlie chong - 44,405,730 - C-S - 1-6 - 403

(not sure whether thats 0 or 8 at the end but i put 0 anyways)
Unless you continued 8 times, then it's a '0' :P
Last edited by MX7 on Tue May 06, 2008 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

It does look like a "0".
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

lets not discuss, it is one
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

lololz :lol:

sometimes i am such a dummy i surprise myself :oops: 8)
stanski

Post by stanski »

stanski - 78,858,960 - A-L - 2-3 - 488 hit.

Made a bunch of stupid mistakes in this run (dying in stage 3, losing chain in stage 4 and 5, no practicing stage 6 enough, bosses 4 and 5 i fucked up) so i should be able to improve this pretty easily. then I need to practice the second loop way more!

I have wolf .99 inp, the run is about 8 or 9 failed runs in (You can tell its coming up because i suicide against the stage 2 boss):

INP: http://files.filefront.com/ddonpach+78m ... einfo.html
NVRAM (need it or else it desynchs): http://files.filefront.com/ddonpachnv/; ... einfo.html
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

A tragic end to a decent run. No lives, one bomb, final pattern of the 6th boss. I used my one bomb when I knew I was going to get hit, then managed to dodge the pattern better than ever before, only to die just before the boss did shoe-sama style. I beat my old high score, yet I didn't even make it to the second loop. I always have mixed feelings when this kind of thing happens. I'm clearly sacrificing survival for score, and I always get confused about which is more important to me personally =P It seems to vary depending on my mood.

Anyways, we'll toss this score up anyways. Perhaps I should start recording my runs, since if I manage to full chain stage 4 (which I can theoretically do, I just always screw up), I'll almost definitely make it into the top 10, unless I choke and die half-way through stage 5 :roll:

RWM - 68,022,230 - A-L - 1-6 - 482
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

started playing this again

I easily nobomb every loop 1 boss now, except for the last pattern of boss 6 which I use 2-3 bombs on

I don't know if I'll actually get a score up though, cuz chaining and using the max bonus still seem like pretty anal ways to score for me

I also found a ridiculously easy way to survive the midsection of stage 5 with C-S (stay in middle and shoot and stuff, middle as in center of screen, not middle bottom)

It's the section with those ground things that barf pink bullets at you

I got something like 400 hit or something there, I think I can get 450-500 there just by mindlessly shooting
<Sidwell> TSS is manlier than a jet figher made of biceps.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

shoe-sama wrote:I easily nobomb every loop 1 boss now, except for the last pattern of boss 6 which I use 2-3 bombs on
there's a technique I found a few weeks ago for that pattern : you can make it quite a bit easier by using your shot instead on your laser during it. It will slow the game down and will make the pattern much easier to dodge, even though it lasts longer I think it's definitely an easier way to deal with it. However here's another side of the game that's fucked up : randomly, speed will not be like it should and the pattern will nearly not slow down / not slown down at all even when you use your shot. It can be startling if you start shooting normally after using laser and you are expecting things to slow down but it doesn't, and you'd better be fast in reacting to the fact that it does not change even though you anticipated it would or you may well die.

I don't know how easy this is to do with C-S but I guess it shouldn't be harder than A-L.