Battle Garegga (reborn)

CIT

Post by CIT »

8,153,170 - CIT - Stage 6 - Golden Bat

Died against Junky Monkey. The score leaves me with mixed feelings, on the one hand I got 3.1 mio pts by the end of Stage 3, but I didn't milk Satanic Surfer properly, and broke the medal chain twice in Stage 5, so it could've been even higher. :?
DMC

Post by DMC »

B,554,640 - DMC - ALL - Golden Bat

Reached letter B - yay! :D

one thing bugs me - let's see if anyone can answer this?
does "round restart" give you a chicken symbol? cause I did not use stage restart, but got the chicken symbol in the ranking. :?
anyone?
CIT

Post by CIT »

Yeah, round restart will also give you the chickenshit symbol!

So you should only restart your game by pressing A, B, C + Start.

Ohyeah, and congrats on the score! :)
DMC

Post by DMC »

okay, I will do that in the future, just so annoying as golden bat is kinda awkward to "trigger". ´No memory either, so can't use a special button for golden bat.
thanks for fast reply.
CIT

Post by CIT »

Just put a new battery in your Saturn. ;)
DMC

Post by DMC »

hmm, that's a good idea. :idea:
Randorama

Re: Battle Garegga (reborn)

Post by Randorama »

Whoops!
Last edited by Randorama on Fri May 30, 2008 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

thanks
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
ave

Post by ave »

Something VERY weird happened to me today. Somehow (I don't know how I managed to do that) my shot became twice as fast. I mean, my glorious Golden Bat shot twice his usual amount of shots in a second. Double damage as well (milking the stg3 boss went exactly on doubled speed), I couldn't fire one shot but triggering let go 3 shots.
Result was that I beat all the bosses pretty fast but the rank turned up immediately and Stage 6 was pure bullet hell, the wall almost unbeatable b/c the enemy's bullets had extremely accelerated as well.
Has this ever happened to some of you? When I started the next run, the game changed back to normal :shock:
THE ETERNAL
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Well, that's common knowledge. Read the ST. You can change your shot frequency by rapidly tapping shot button, but once it's high you can not lower the frequency again. I'd suggest playing stage 1-5 with regular frequency and 6-7 with high frequency.

Trivia: Changing your shot frequency in the exact same way is also possible in: Batrider, Bakraid, Ibara, Pink Sweets.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Haven't played this in a while... fiddled a bit with rank with the Grasshopper variant. Was semi-successful, if I could stop the stupid deaths...

Vorpal - 6,361,150 - Stage 6 - Diving Fox
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Scratch that, got 7M ;-p

Died twice stupidly on Black Heart Mk II and lost my armor piercing shot right when he started going nuts with the bombs/red bullets, so nothing was getting to his weak point.

I'll get you one of these days... you son of a bitch...

Vorpal - 7,245,350 - Stage 7 - Diving Fox
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

fast improvement :!:
ave

Post by ave »

ave - 8,759,290 - Stage 7 - Golden Bat

Died between Part 1 and 2 in Stage 7. I destroyed the first turrets on the back of the bossship but one of the small fast enemies between the top and the bottom of the big ship killed me. Anyway, I reached far more than ever before! 7,4 after Black Heart MK2. I also milked the Stg6 boss quite long, unvoluntarily. I just kept shooting at the arms because I was dodging the bullets from left to right to left to right and so on, result was that I had a 3 or 4 min battle -.-
THE ETERNAL
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

so the huge amount of bonus points came mostly of the stage 6 boss fight?
ave

Post by ave »

No, it came from my long combo (untill start of stg 6) and a very efficient stg 2 bossfight (800k) incl. the flamingos' good mood (1,8 after, got 2,2 already once so 9m should be possible w/same skills).

The Stage 6 bossfight got me only about 300k I'd say. Had 8,4 beforehand, 8,6 after.
THE ETERNAL
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3966/0000au9.png
4,726,310 - Kaiser - Stage 7 - Golden Bat
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

6,237,080 - Kaiser - ALL - Reinforcer
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Wow, congrats!
Clearing the game with any character isn't an easy task and you even did it with the most difficult one!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Plasmo wrote:Wow, congrats!
Clearing the game with any character isn't an easy task and you even did it with the most difficult one!
Next time i'm going to play garegga (21st june, because i'll be only with my mate for night), i'm going to try to record inp with higher score (at current skill, it won't be easy due fast medals later)

EDIT: how playing with Reinforcer is hard? :D
CIT

Post by CIT »

Recently there's many good Garegga players here. What's going on? :)

Congrats Kaiser!
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Damn, I would love to see some ALL replays. I just keep getting creamed BAD by Black Heart Mk II.

edit: And I mean "normal people" replays. I don't think those KET replays and "Madness" superplays are legit.

Have been playing a lot since my 7 mil Diving Fox score, but not gotten past 7 mil again yet ;-(

And Plasmo, I would imagine that ship (and its variants) are possibly the easiest to beat the game with. I can't really say since I haven't beaten it yet, but... ;-P

You can play Silver Sword style by not upgrading shot for a very long time, giving you extremely low rank. Then upgrade shot on the last two stages and watch things die Wild Snail style with the armor piercing.
clp

Post by clp »

what do you mean not legit?
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

When I see players taking extremely unnecessary risks (like bullet scratching on stage 7), or perfectly micro-moving *through* the nastier boss patterns (which can usually be avoided completely if one is familiar with the mechanics of the pattern), I get highly suspect.

Like one of the Bornham superplays... the player is spamming the option-formation button (not really sure why, perhaps to avoid hitting the boss core too much without raising rank too much), while perfectly dodging the hardest pattern in the game, with no lives in stock. That kind of risk just seems silly to me. Not to mention he kills the boss as it's going off screen. Meaning he milked it PERFECTLY to the last second. I have no proof or anything, it's just my opinion that it is bullshit.

So as not to make myself appear as a complete asshole, I'll supply a replay, nothing interesting though as I die at stage 7 ;-p

http://webpages.charter.net/bgspencer/inp/v-bg-7M.zip

[/url]
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Oh, just realized it might look like I'm accusing players on this forum of cheating.

I really DO want to see replays, but not to judge them for "legitimacy". I just want to see how YOU guys handle various bullet patterns, because the "pros" just freaking brute-force-micro-move through them. Which annoys me because I'd rather see strategies on how to deal with those patterns more effectively (e.g. Icarus and others have contributed awesome pattern-management techniques in the strategy thread, which the "pros" don't use).
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Taking a break from Cave.

2,210,820 - moozooh - Stage 4 - Golden Bat
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
CIT

Post by CIT »

8,353,100 - CIT - Stage 7 - Golden Bat

Fought Black Heart Mk2 for the first time! But no chance to beat him on just one life. :(
zakk

Post by zakk »

The Bornnam chart is so lonely...

4,549,250 - Zakk - Stage 4 - Gate of Hell

I had a stealth medal drop mid-stage 3 (I can't even see where I dropped it in the replay) and I was all over the place on stage 4. Died at boss.
DMC

Post by DMC »

I had a stealth medal drop mid-stage 3 (I can't even see where I dropped it in the replay)
that sucks so much! :(
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Yep, that happens to me once in a while too at the part with the rails. It has all those popcorn ships that fly in random trajectories, so they love to go slightly off screen and drop you a medal there ;-(