Raiden 2 (Multi-platform) (new)

saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

saucykobold | 9,683,780 | 3-4 | 2P

PSX, Colonel difficulty
Last edited by saucykobold on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FraGMarE

Post by FraGMarE »

Fragmare | 6011160 | 2-6 | 2P side (PC version, Colonel difficulty)

A little bit better than the last score i posted. I died on the same level (2-6 boss), but the score was a little higher. I was going for 9+ mil by 2-8 but didn't quite make it. I actually died twice on the 1-5 boss trying to no-bomb the fucker, but came back and salvaged a pretty decent run out of it, i think. Didn't trigger a single 1up cuz i was using Vulcan + M Missile the whole way. I might have gotten a bit more had i snagged a 1up along the way... frustrating. Perhaps next time the Miclus gods will be smiling on me...

BIL

Raiden Project RII vs PCB Difficulty

Post by BIL »

Is the Japanese Raiden Project's "Hard" difficulty equal to Raiden II (harder version) PCB defaults? Raiden Project RII on Hard is pretty bloody vicious (feels like PS Raiden DX's Arcade difficulty), but I've not played the cab recently enough to compare it... sorry to post without a score, just getting set up.
saucykobold

Re: Raiden 2 (Multi-platform) (new)

Post by saucykobold »

"Normal" (the second hardest difficulty) is roughly equal to the PCB's default setting. This is called Colonel difficulty in some versions of Raiden Project.

I've noticed a few minor differences here and there. For example, the fast gliders in level six fire more often in Raiden Project.

For Raiden I, Hard/General difficulty is a little harder than the PCB. Normal/Colonel is noticeably easier.

And yeah, Raiden II is teeth-gnashingly difficult.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Awesome, thanks. I was worried Project's difficulty was lacking, but it sounds like I'm good to go with both games.
EPS21

Post by EPS21 »

PC Version
EPS21 | 5,255,600 | 2-5 | 1P
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

That incoming plane is killer at 2-2. I even 1LCed 1st loop.

Oh, and replay is coming soon!

PC Version
tinotormed | 3,647,330 | 2-2 | 1P
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
burgerkingdiamond

Re: Raiden 2 (Multi-platform) (new) EXTEND QUESTION

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

I just got my Raiden II pcb and I have all the dip switches set to off except for screen flip because I don't want to bother pulling out my monitor and 'tating to the other way.

So my settings are Normal difficulty, and 3 lives.

My question is what are the extends? I have made it all the way to 700K without getting an extend. This doesn't just doesn't seem right, but I can't find any settings or other information that will tell me at what points do you get another ship. I could probably 1CC this game relatively easily if I had more than 3 ships....
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

You can get only extends on the following stages:

At Stage 3, you would see a grey box at the naval bay. Do not hit it while you're armed with any weapon and let one tank drive through it. Get the 1up that aapears.

At Stage 6, destroy the diamond before it descends to the half of the screen and grad the 1up there.

That's it... 8)
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
burgerkingdiamond

THANKS tinotormed!

I was assuming that it was based on points like most other games.
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Updated! :D
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup
burgerkingdiamond

what are the dip settings for the arcade pcb for this score table?
Let's Ass Kick Together!
Opethian

Post by Opethian »

all dips off is default setting (normal)
200k/500k extend
3 ships