Donpachi (new thread)

emphatic

Re: Donpachi (new thread)

Post by emphatic »

Mero wrote:Congrats on he new western record! :) Good luck!
^^ This. You are a great player! BTW, Plasmo, someone put the recent Donpachi replay up on YouTube for our convenience: http://youtu.be/J7iJbWnWjJQ
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Thanks for the encouragement you two. Keeps me going for the next 5mill.

@emph
I already knew about the link from the other topic. Dled it already. ;) His 2-2 route is amazing!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Aguraki

Post by Aguraki »

true hero
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

emphatic wrote:I can't download from superplay, I only end up with ~ 80mb files no matter what I do. Can someone upload it to YouTube for great justice?
Even though it has been uploaded to youtube, the super-play downloads seems to be working properly now.
All the same, good work so far, Plasmo.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
menoslug

Post by menoslug »

Hello. I'm 'menoslug' and also another nickname is 'Tanmak'

I heard that this thread talk about my donpachi video and I found this donpachi thread. :D

I have played the Donpachi since 2005, and nowday...I sometime play it.

I recorded all clear all fighters, and I have have best record about A type since December, 2007.

However, now I forgot some pattern in game..OTL. Because I didn't often play this game.
KyoKusagani1999

Post by KyoKusagani1999 »

Okay.. During my practice of this game, I now know why Western Scores are
SO LOW compared to Japanese scores! To anyone playing this game for
score, THERE IS ONE MAJOR WAY TO GETTING 30+ MILLION.

Do not use more than two bombs. EVER. If you use three bombs, your maximum
bomb stock will increase, and THIS RUINS YOUR ENTIRE RUN.

Why? The bomb bonus. It's really simple. If you have only three maximum in the
second loop, you will get a 5,000,000 BOMB BONUS at the end of every stage!
If you manage to go through the entire game with only two bombs as opposed to
using them more often, you'll easily make the Western record.

5 Stages x 5,000,000 Bonus = 25,000,000 Points!!!
Combine that with whatever score you had before, and you've got yourself bragging rights.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

KyoKusagani1999 wrote:Okay.. During my practice of this game, I now know why Western Scores are
SO LOW compared to Japanese scores! To anyone playing this game for
score, THERE IS ONE MAJOR WAY TO GETTING 30+ MILLION.

Do not use more than two bombs. EVER. If you use three bombs, your maximum
bomb stock will increase, and THIS RUINS YOUR ENTIRE RUN.

Why? The bomb bonus. It's really simple. If you have only three maximum in the
second loop, you will get a 5,000,000 BOMB BONUS at the end of every stage!
If you manage to go through the entire game with only two bombs as opposed to
using them more often, you'll easily make the Western record.

5 Stages x 5,000,000 Bonus = 25,000,000 Points!!!
Combine that with whatever score you had before, and you've got yourself bragging rights.
*clap, clap*

That is common knowledge since 1995. Good luck getting the 5mill bonus on 2-3 onwards. And then again: The WR scores of 80mill+ are far from being obvious even with getting the bonus throughout all the loopstages.

menoslug wrote:Hello. I'm 'menoslug' and also another nickname is 'Tanmak'

I heard that this thread talk about my donpachi video and I found this donpachi thread. :D

I have played the Donpachi since 2005, and nowday...I sometime play it.

I recorded all clear all fighters, and I have have best record about A type since December, 2007.
Welcome to the forums and congrats to that great score! :D Are you trying to beat 40mill?
I like chocolate milk

Aguraki

Post by Aguraki »

menoslug wrote:Hello. I'm 'menoslug' and also another nickname is 'Tanmak'

holla welcome sir hope you stick around and share the knowledge :D

this thread is getting good recentely.
gogogo plasmo go get him tiger!
stanski

Post by stanski »

Great score and glad to finally see a good scoring video up there.

Anyone thought of TAS'ing the game to try and figure out how to get 80 mill+? I might work on it in my spare time and see if I can work anything out.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Had a horrible run, died four times on 1-5 and finished the first loop with 19mill. Adding the capacity bonus alone would've yield me 21mill for the first loop. There are at least 2 more 1mill chains on 1-5, which I haven't figured out completely.

Does anyone know, if it's possible to fully chain the beginning of 1-3, i.e. both big ship sections? I always break it up into two single chains (~250k, ~500k).

Right now, I aim for the following:

1-1: 1,5mill
1-2: 4,6mill
1-3: 8,5mill
1-4: 13,5mill?
1-5: 22mill?

These are not really my theoretical best scores, but more like scores I can actually get if everything simply goes well. zlk has posted that japanese players can get up to 28mill on the first loop. I need more practice.

Haven't really touched the loop at all, but capacity bonus for 2-1 looks more than doable. 2-2 could be tricky and I'm definitely not going for 2-3, sorry.

As a first goal I want to reach 30mill and get a 2-ALL. (Not later than August 2013)
The long term goal is reaching 35mill and thus finishing Aguraki's challenge. (Not later than 31.12.2013)
I like chocolate milk

zlk

Post by zlk »

Menoslug, thanks for uploading one of your videos! Your replay is awesome!

Can you get the 5m capacity bonus on 2-3? Do you have any videos of you doing it? I think everyone would like to see that!
menoslug

Post by menoslug »

zlk wrote:Menoslug, thanks for uploading one of your videos! Your replay is awesome!

Can you get the 5m capacity bonus on 2-3? Do you have any videos of you doing it? I think everyone would like to see that!
Unfortunately, I haven't cleared 2-3 with bomb capacity bonus 5m. It's VERY hard... OTL

Edit(Addition) :

I made practice video about no miss 2-3

http://blog.naver.com/menoslug/150164341942

Try to see it.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

That is insane! :shock:

Many of us have waited for years to finally see such skilled replays of Donpachi. 2-3 capacity bonus seems to be obnoxiously difficult. I guess it's my turn now to find a way how to get it with the super slow Type C. Thank you very much menoslug!!

On a personal note, I've found 2 more 1mill chains on 1-5. That means I'm up to around 25mill for the first loop. 28mill doesn't seem that far away and I can still see some room for improvement. I actually wouldn't be surprised, if the japanese superplayers have broken 30mill on the first loop by now. Once I've gained consistency, I'll release a 25mill+ replay of the first loop just to finally have those strategies archived.

~We need more Donpachi love~
I like chocolate milk

zlk

Post by zlk »

Menoslug- thanks for the video! Very impressive play on 2-3.

Plasmo- for scoring high with the C-ship, one player who scored over 50m would die on 1-3 so he could combo better on the later boards (I was told this by another Japanese player). I also think WTN scores close to 40m on the 1st loop.

Didn't BGR-44 no miss the game with the C-ship? I think thats what the caption said on his video that no one was able to see.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Plasmo- for scoring high with the C-ship, one player who scored over 50m would die on 1-3 so he could combo better on the later boards (I was told this by another Japanese player). I also think WTN scores close to 40m on the 1st loop.
Thanks for destroying all my hope to get even near the top scores for the loop. :lol: 40m is outright insane and completely beyond my abilities.

Dying on 1-3 doesn't seem to be the best idea. You don't get any capacity bonus from there on. If you die once, even with only three bombs in stock your bonus stops at 100k. I can't imagine a combo where you score 15mill (if we assume he would otherwise get at least the cap. bonus on the first three loop stages) alone to make it worth it. But then again, this game continues to shock me. Donpachi is awesome.
I like chocolate milk

zlk

Post by zlk »

Well outside of BGR-44, no one has gotten the 5m bonus on 2-3 with the C ship. You are still sacrificing 12.8m points and I also don't know how that would be worthwhile but that is what I was told by a friend of a guy who broke the old WR score with the C-ship.

There is also a safe spot for the 1-5 boss final attack in the upper left corner. You can let the boss time out if you can set it up properly. I didn't know about this when I was playing the game but recently saw it in a replay with the B-ship if I remember correctly. That may save a bomb and help someone like menoslug get the capacity bonus on 2-3.
Aguraki

Post by Aguraki »

this thread is getting real good Im super happy to see people working on this game and might even shell out some credits soon.
have no idea how 40M on 1st loop is possible.
stage 3 seems a grey area to improve.

also,you don´t like type A?

in stage 4 after blue ships there is a massive chain u go right after killing him on top left if I recall and go down and right.(did that one with save states a ton of time).

we should write down all chains and share routes.
sometimes you find one doing something weird.

edit:just saw in the vid the stage 4 chain is there.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

also,you don´t like type A?
Type A is great and with it's speed probably better than Type C. The only reason I play with Type C is the easier chaining (at least in parts of the game).

in stage 4 after blue ships there is a massive chain u go right after killing him on top left if I recall and go down and right.(did that one with save states a ton of time).
You mean after the midboss? That one's quite easy to get, but unfortunately not worth that much. A 77 hit is around 250k. Keep in mind, that the length of the chain itself doesn't tell you anything about the score. The important thing is the base value of the enemies incorporated in the chain. On stage 1-5 are several smaller (40-50 hits maybe) chains, which give you over 1mill points each.

On another note: I've found only 2 100+ hit chains, which are both already known. One is on stage 4 during the U-ship section (I'm horribly inconsistent at this one, any tips?) and the other one is at the beginning of stage 5. Does anyone know of any other really huge chains?

we should write down all chains and share routes.
Agreed. Unfortunately it's rather difficult to describe most of the chains with words. Replays are always preferred.
I like chocolate milk

Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

You guys are so awesome. I need to get my cab fixed and dust off my Donpachi board.
zlk

Post by zlk »

On 1-4, I think if you kill the second U ship up high and as it dies you are also killing the missiles that it shot out, the third U ship won't appear and over 100 popcorn enemies will come out from the sides. I have videos of me doing it but am not 100% sure how to do it consistently. Sikraiken probably knows exactly how to trigger this. One interesting thing about Donpachi is based on how fast you kill certain clusters of enemies or how fast you kill a particular enemy, you can force swarms of weak enemies to flood the screen during certain parts of the game.

You can also get over 100 hits at the end of 1-5. During the area before the TLB if you destroy the walls on the side you can also get over 100 hits. If I remember any other 100 hit combos I will post them here. I mainly played just to 1cc the game because at that time there were no videos or replays of the game being finished.

One last thing that may be useful for combos: using C for autofire does more damage than hitting the shot button as fast as possible. Sikraiken told me about this when we were discussing the game years ago.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

On 1-4, I think if you kill the second U ship up high and as it dies you are also killing the missiles that it shot out, the third U ship won't appear and over 100 popcorn enemies will come out from the sides. I have videos of me doing it but am not 100% sure how to do it consistently. Sikraiken probably knows exactly how to trigger this. One interesting thing about Donpachi is based on how fast you kill certain clusters of enemies or how fast you kill a particular enemy, you can force swarms of weak enemies to flood the screen during certain parts of the game.
That's the one I was talking about and I'm also horribly insonsistent at. The key is to have the exact horizontal positioning to make the rockets rain down on you. As soon as the rockets spreads out, kill the U ship with your laser/aura and hold laser on the rockets. This will create a huge slowdown and prevent the third ship from appearing.

You can also get over 100 hits at the end of 1-5. During the area before the TLB if you destroy the walls on the side you can also get over 100 hits. If I remember any other 100 hit combos I will post them here. I mainly played just to 1cc the game because at that time there were no videos or replays of the game being finished.
I haven't practiced that last chain, but indeed you can get at least 1mill there from the last section right before the boss.

The TLB walls can easily give you over 100 hits, but they somehow aren't worth anything. A 100 Hit chain is around 50-60k. :?
I like chocolate milk

Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Plasmo - 28,767,040 - 2-5 - Max Hit: 135 - Type C

Died very early on in stage 1-4 and missed the capacity bonus for 1-4, 1-5 and 2-1 (-7,8mill). The loop went ok and I made it to stage 2-5 for the first time.
I like chocolate milk

menoslug

Post by menoslug »

Plasmo wrote:Image

Plasmo - 28,767,040 - 2-5 - Max Hit: 135 - Type C

Died very early on in stage 1-4 and missed the capacity bonus for 1-4, 1-5 and 2-1 (-7,8mill). The loop went ok and I made it to stage 2-5 for the first time.
2-5...then, if you all clear, then your score will be 30mil over. (HQ Destroy score = 0.5mil, Hachi = 1 mil)
I don't like C type, because VERY slow...OTL, so difficult fighter...therefore, I can't scoring with this turtle fighter. T.T

You're so awesome.
jepjepjep

Post by jepjepjep »

A little improvement.

jepjepjep - 10,045,310 - 2-2 - Max Hit: 58 - Type C
ookitarepanda

Post by ookitarepanda »

Glad to get on this scoreboard. We'll see how far into loop 2 I can get, though...

ookitarepanda - 9,199,870 - 2-1 - Max Hit: 49 - Type C
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Woke up this morning rather early and the sun was already shining bright. It seemed like the start of a perfect day (and I'm sure it'll continue as this). "What better way there is to start your day by throwing in a few credits?", I was thinking, and got a few rubbish runs up to stage 3. Then the following happened:

Plasmo - 31,610,190 - ALL - Max Hit: 133 - Type C

Got tricked during stage 4 and had to bomb there. Then at bthe fourth boss another wrong movement costed me one bomb. At this time I wanted to end the credit because I wouldn't be able to get the huge capacity bonusses anymore. That's because the last attack of the fifth boss is quite impossible without a bomb. Nevertheless I kept going and of course had to use a third bomb on that last attack - There goes my 7mill bonus... Still, I was thrilled to get some high rank loop practice. For the first time I was able to NM/NB 2-1 on max rank. Stage 2-2 on max rank was quite heavy, but I didn't die up to one of the last sections of that stage. 2-3 to 2-5 went more or less perfect survivalwise. Reached Hibachi with one life in stock and made no prisoners. This is my first 2-ALL for this game! Yay! :D

So while I have fullfilled my first goal with this credit, it's still a pity that I had to bomb twice on 1-4. One less bomb and this score would've been 38mill...

I'm getting there.
I like chocolate milk

CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

God damn. Congrats, Plasmo! Now even bigger scores are just around the corner ;)
zlk

Post by zlk »

Congrats Plasmo!
Aguraki

Post by Aguraki »

menoslug wrote: You're so awesome.
menoslug

Post by menoslug »

Congraturation, PLASMO!