Battle Garegga

punkfox

Post by punkfox »

Hope you don't mind if I resurrect this thread. :)

Punkfox - 6,333,090 - Stage 5 - Golden Bat

I've really been working on this game since I picked up the Saturn version, and I'm finding it much more playable than I ever did using MAME.

I'm still working on practicing rank-reducing strategies since I have a fair grasp of how the game functions. Here's to hoping for a 1CC before the end of the summer. :-p
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Ahh I'm jealous. I wish I had the PCB or Saturn versions, because when emulated the "input delay" becomes very noticable around stage 6 when the bullet spam starts. While it's my favorite shooter, I no longer play it competitively for that reason.

Good luck and may you succeed where I did not :D
landshark

Post by landshark »

Vorpal wrote:Ahh I'm jealous. I wish I had the PCB or Saturn versions, because when emulated the "input delay" becomes very noticable around stage 6 when the bullet spam starts. While it's my favorite shooter, I no longer play it competitively for that reason.

Good luck and may you succeed where I did not :D
Input delay in emulation is very dependant upon the controller you are using.

When I use PS2->USB adaptors (or PC gamepads), I notice the delay and cannot stand it. However, using a keyboard interface (IPAC4 in my case), I do not notice any lag and it plays as good as anything else.
powerfuran

Post by powerfuran »

I love this game....... :D

AST-POW - 4,695,900 - stage 5 - Iron Mackerel
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Just started playing this (Saturn version), and I really love it. Here's my best so far:

TWE - 5,474,290 - Stage 5 - Miyamoto

Ended my game on that darn black ship boss at the end. Kept my medals up most of the run, breaking the chain once or twice.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Twiddle - 6,229,190 - Stage 6 - Gain (A+B+C)

Beat Black Heart and my previous record, and killed myself at 0 lives left in excitement first thing I did in Stage 6.

so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Twiddle - 7,168,620 - Stage 6 - Gain (A+B+C)
Inching away at this!

so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Twiddle wrote:Twiddle - 7,168,620 - Stage 6 - Gain (A+B+C)
Inching away at this!
Hey, good stuff! Grats on a good Gain score. ^_^

I just put up a preliminary write up for Stage 6 on the strategy thread, which should give you a good idea of how to tackle every Garegga player's nemesis: the turret wall (along with the rest of the stage), if you're interested. Keep it up, the end is in sight! ^_-
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Vorpal - 8,197,090 - Stage 6 - Golden Bat

Even though I said I wasn't going to compete anymore due to input-delay frustrations, I couldn't stop playing this damn game ;o

edit: I can now reliably take down Stage 6 boss, but I lost my "touch" on the wall of death lately and keep losing a life there. Also keep losing a life at the spot in stage 6 where 3 heavy missile tanks come out from the left side, bleh.

However, I can live with this, if I could stop dying at random stupid moments inbetween. I had a 5 life stock when I entered stage 6... so 1 on the wall of death, 1 of the missile tanks, then usually 1 life lost at the mini wall of death on stage 7, leaves 2 lives to spare on Black Heart Mk II. If I get that "perfect" run where I only lose lives at these moments, I think I can 1CC this... as in savestate runs I have killed Glow Squid without dying.

Off I go to fill more HD space with botched replays.
jpj

Post by jpj »

got this yesterday, so this is more of an opening gambit :wink:

jpj - 3,194,000 - gain (B button)

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/1239/imag00109xi.jpg
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Vorpal - 9,188,760 - Stage 7 - Golden Bat

Lost my last 3 lives very, very stupidly ;(
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

rrrRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAGH

The past 5 runs I did, the mini-blackhearts dropped my option-shot right as they detonated at the bottom of the screen, leaving me without the homing options for stage 6 ><
jpj

Post by jpj »

slightly upped my score. died on the boss run of stage 5 = stupid.

jpj - 4,800,840 - stage 5 - (gain B button)

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/5287/imag00036yr.jpg
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Helping with the ST got me playing this for a bit again, and I improved my Bornnam score:

BulletMagnet - 4,768,660 - Stage 6 - Gate of Hell

As a small note, I think I misread Chitta's B ship, I believe it's supposed to be the "Neo-Gundalf," you might want to edit that. :oops:
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

The hell i'm uploading that, repent your sins and be born again under the truth of rank if you want the score up !!1!

:lol:
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

*draws lightsaber*

*waves hand in circular motion*

"You WANT to post that score...you like posting scores...you WANT to post that score..." :mrgreen:
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Ack, someone has uploaded the score while i was away! I blame the obscure powers of mainstreaming for this :x (??!!)
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

*whistles innocently*
jpj

Post by jpj »

i can't quite believe it.... from being chronically stuck on the bosses of stage 5... in the space of a week, i cained stage 6... and 7... and that glowsquid... for the 1CC !! admittedly, once i lost the medals at start of stage 6, i was just playing for survival. but i can't believe it.......

jpj - 7,738,860 - Stage ALL - Gain (B button)

http://img321.imageshack.us/img321/4261/imag0006cv3.jpg

i used to slag off this game :oops:
i will be back!
DC906270

Post by DC906270 »

very well done jpj :)
Vincere

Post by Vincere »

Ok, I haven't posted scores in a while now so here's some. I am the previously-named "Guwanger" so change it in concordance with the scores below.

I almost never played with Gain so I played a bit with him and really wanted to know how bad the rank could go. So I fired non-stop, lost 0 lives and came at max power at Stage 6, just to see what was happening. No need to say it has been "The Official Vincere's Slaughterfest". I lost 6 or 7 lives in 3 minutes ha ha ha.
Still here's the score I got:

D-ku VCR - 6 393 050 - stage 6 - Gain (A+B+C)

Otherwise I'm a regular Golden Bat player so here's my top score at the moment:

D-Ku VCR - 6 713 060 - stage 6 - Golden Bat

Finally, 2 requests:

-Rando, could you just write which ship's name is associated with which button? For exemple, I don't know for Gain so I wrote (A+B+C). Thank you.
-I watched my ranking page (playing it on saturn) and aside the score was some figures like 08/08, 10/19 etc. What does it mean?
stratos

Post by stratos »

"-I watched my ranking page (playing it on saturn) and aside the score was some figures like 08/08, 10/19 etc. What does it mean?"
I can only guess that those numbers represent the day in wich the score was obtained...

However, your score isn't so great, but I think it's a good score because you reached stage 6....

I think the key in this game it's especially in rank managing, and think that the most frequent cause of rank jumping it's the loss of the medal chain...

If you lose your medal chain, you have to grab small medals that affect heavily your rank, especially if you grab tons of them destroying the releasing structures, like the rails in stage 3...

Probably, for us biginner it's better to focus on medal chain and powerups limitation, and some boss milking too... bah, this game punishes me without pity whatever strategy I use :(

But I like it the same ;)[/quote]
Vincere

Post by Vincere »

stratos wrote:
I can only guess that those numbers represent the day in wich the score was obtained...

However, your score isn't so great, but I think it's a good score because you reached stage 6....

I think the key in this game it's especially in rank managing, and think that the most frequent cause of rank jumping it's the loss of the medal chain...

If you lose your medal chain, you have to grab small medals that affect heavily your rank, especially if you grab tons of them destroying the releasing structures, like the rails in stage 3...

Probably, for us biginner it's better to focus on medal chain and powerups limitation, and some boss milking too... bah, this game punishes me without pity whatever strategy I use :(

But I like it the same ;)
No, these score have been made this week actually. And I didn't claim my scores are any good (even if I think so to a certain extent).
stratos

Post by stratos »

And I didn't claim my scores are any good (even if I think so to a certain extent).
Of course, I were not provoking, it was only a technical comment ;)

And I think it's a good score to a certain extent, and in Battle Garegga these are really good achievements. I never saw stage 6 myself in a 1cc run :(

Good luck :)
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

The types/names in the specific graduatories are: normal (type B, type C, type A+B+C) :wink:
Vincere

Post by Vincere »

Ok, thanks Rando. :)
Could have figured this out by myself... :oops:

Edit: Rando, I am Guwanger actually, I changed my nick so erase him from the Wild Snail ranking. ;)
Salem Witch Trials!

Post by Salem Witch Trials! »

SalemWitchTrials - 6,637,060 - Stage 6 - Golden Bat

I have a higher score where i got to stage 7, but I didn't write it down because I'm stupid. I'm sure I'll break it soon though with the amount of garregga I've been playing lately.
Recent 1CCs: Metal Black, Chaos Field
Getting raped by: Dangun Feveron

Things you never hear: "Please stop sucking my dick or I'll call the police!" --George Carlin
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Improved my Miyamoto score a little, and finally squeaked past the 5 mil mark:

BulletMagnet - 5,093,820 - Stage 5 - Ninjyutu-Bomb
DMC

Post by DMC »

DMC - 6.563.900 - stage 6 - Iron Mackerel
jp

Post by jp »

Yay! Got this game in the mail today. Don't really have any "worthy" scores to throw up right now (my last run ended at the boss of level 4 and I only had 2.5 million I think, prolly would've beat him too had I not had some horribly stupid deaths at the level 3 boss), but I will definitely be doing some strategy guide reading this weekend so I can figure out the "correct" way to play the game. :D
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!