DoDonPachi (New Thread #2)

ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

Updated.

sven666 and neo, please post the scores in the proper format. :)

I lopped off the bottom 25 from the score table because it's too long.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

LUNardei wrote:lun> 200?
prom> oh no, uhm, ehm, maybe

Ehr well, great job, no other words ^__^
Thanks for the replay too, as usual :P

Just out of curiosity, what do you think about improving this score? Is there room for you to push it any further?

EDIT - Suggestion: zip the .inp NOW!
thx ^_^

zipped the inp, uploaded it and replaced the link~!

yeah I can improve, if I do the same thing but don't miss at 2-2 boss (I can do that with okay probability), then I can survive until 2-3 boss with max bomb bonus (with okay probability too) and get ~300M by the end of 2-3. I know it is also possible for me to chain 2-4 properly, but probably not to no-bomb 2-3 boss, so I wouldn't have the max bomb bonus during 2-4. So something like 350 M would be possible. But 2-5 and 2-6 are way beyond my skill for now... they're cwazy ! I could 2-ALL if I can reach Hibachi with 2 spare lives left and 3 bombs.

Anyway I'm happy I got this score without having to try too many times, I'm going to go back into practice mode and improve on that!
Jck

Post by Jck »

woah! Congratulations!! :shock:
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

I wonder how much longer it'll take someone of my overall skill level to get a score like that without a practice mode =D

Guess we'll find out... eventually. Ever since I swore off bombs to try and force-improve my dodging abilities, I haven't even come close to single credit clearing it again (about half-way through 1-6 is my best), and I only approached my high score like once... It'd be quite discouraging if the game wasn't so fun anyways ^_^
powerfuran

Post by powerfuran »

PROMETHEUS wrote:
PROMETHEUS - 262,760,540 - A-L - 2-6 - 835
You're just fucking great. :shock:

I creditfeeded more than once to just SEE 2-6, I just can't think HOW you survived 2-5.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

Very impressive video Prometheus.
Really good job you come up to the last boss, sadly not up to the TLB.
I loved the way you chain stage 4, its just awesome that you can chain into buildings, but you did also very well at all the other stages :wink:
I think this replay make me playing ddp intensively after im finished with doj.
The chaining in common looks much more fun than in doj, for me.
neo

Post by neo »

ArrogantBastard wrote: sven666 and neo, please post the scores in the proper format. :)
I didn't post a wolfmame INP, but if you want to put it on the scoreboard anyway:

neo - 95,459,660 - B-L - 2-2 - 685

Oh and congratulations Prometheus, this is an unbelievable score :shock: . Are you going to try the 2-ALL? I hope you're going to record a video of this run, because I cannot run wolfmameplus 0.99 on my computer.
ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

Oh, you're right. You didn't post the INP... Will you be making a one anytime soon?
stanski

Post by stanski »

Nice run Prometheus, though I was suprised to see you bomb in stage 5. Doesn't that cut your score down a lot, or is it basically necessary for you to survive that section? I have made it through that level in practice without bombing, but never been able to pull it off in a run, so I understand how hard it is to do after getting nearly perfect stages 1-1 to 1-4.
neo

Post by neo »

ArrogantBastard wrote:Oh, you're right. You didn't post the INP... Will you be making a one anytime soon?
Well, the only wolfmame version I have available is xwolfmame 0.99 (a linux version of wolfmame), but it doesn't seem to record INPs properly, like I said before I only got a very small-sized INP that stop the playback right after it starts, even though I can record a INP without any trouble with xmame 0.99 :? .

Anyway, I'm fine if you don't put my score on the scoreboard, don't worry about that :) .
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

thx for the feedback guys

elfhentaifan : nice to hear it is inspiring you, chaining is fun indeed but it can be tedious to learn sometimes. Obviously, the better you are before trying to learn, the faster it will be though. Anyway it's definitely fun to play~!

neo : mmmh I'd like to get a 2-ALL but it's probably going to be very hard for me to do ^_^ maybe in 100 more hours lol ^_^ and then maybe I'll think about making a video of that.

stanski : well stage 5 is just hard and although I can definitely do it without bombing often enough, sometimes I find myself still bombing in it (or dying, doh!). It does make me lose quite a lot of points but if I restarted every time it happened I would have to do 50 runs instead of 15 -0-;; and I don't like that I guess.
stanski

Post by stanski »

Well personally I think your goal should be to beat the type A world record, not just to 2-ALL the game, so yea quit bombing in stage 5 8).
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

or just beat sikraiken lol
<Sidwell> TSS is manlier than a jet figher made of biceps.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

ArrogantBastard wrote: …I lopped off the bottom 25 from the score table because it's too long.
:cry:
I am suck so much
sven666

Post by sven666 »

can you believe how fucking close i was to the loop!!?? i even bombed on "just a couple more shots" on the last boss but it just didnt add upp :x definetly the most dissapointed ive ever been on my first 1CC of a cave game :P

ed: aah fuck my picture hosting seems to be down atm.. ah well.
sven666 - 49168040 - CS - 1-all - 259

ed2: BOOYAH for bumpin gaijinpunch off the list! :twisted:
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

lol deleted post
He'll be getting back to DDP eventually. sik's doing DP then DDP vid.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

LOL. Didn't want to screw up the HS thread with more discussion. Thanks for the heads up shoe-sama, looking forward to sik's vids.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

man what a shitty run, lost atleast 4-5mil du to a clumsy death at the "gauntlet" on 2nd stage, however this was my first time to nomiss/nobomb the 4th boss which meant big prizes in stage 4 with the x3multiplier.

2 more clumsy deaths in stage 6 meant this run didnt end with a 1CC. :?
still, i broke 50 mil and top20 which means im oficcialy on my way to top 10 and the 2nd loop.

sven666 - 52792770 - CS - 1-6 - 394

cmon you arrogant bastard and update the tables already!

ed: pic to come later, im gonna have a few more runs tonight..

i have a question aswell, if i have x4 multiplier and bomb once, will the next bomb i pick up give me x4 multiplier again or do you have to start over from x1 ??
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
stanski

Post by stanski »

You have to start over.

I won't be submitting another score until i get closer to 150 mill. I need to get more consistent at the stage 4 and 5 chains though.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

sven666 wrote: i have a question aswell, if i have x4 multiplier and bomb once, will the next bomb i pick up give me x4 multiplier again or do you have to start over from x1 ??
Yes, as long as you don't die, next collected bomb will put you back at x4 multiplier.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Dave_K. wrote:
sven666 wrote: i have a question aswell, if i have x4 multiplier and bomb once, will the next bomb i pick up give me x4 multiplier again or do you have to start over from x1 ??
Yes, as long as you don't die, next collected bomb will put you back at x4 multiplier.
Back at x3 actually !
Barklund

Post by Barklund »

Was very close to clear the game, tough my score is not that high.

Barklund - 31,556,830 - C-S - 1-6 - 206

Barklund

Post by Barklund »

Barklund - 37,298,200 - C-S - 1-All - 258

jeremycarrier

Post by jeremycarrier »

PROMETHEUS is a DDP BEAST. I haven't played any shmup in the longest(360/School/Women taking up time), but huge props for such an amazing score.
DDP current hi-score: http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/1766/ddon0011ki3.png
Weave...Dodge...Attack
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

Third_strike - 29249460 - C - S - 1 - ALL - 224
Cool!
viniciusvbf

Post by viniciusvbf »

Finally did it!!!
Second loop uhuuuuuuuu!!! :D

viniciusvbf - 58,776,820 - C-S - 2-2 - 263 hits
shoe-sama
Banned User

Post by shoe-sama »

zomglol
viniciusvbf

Post by viniciusvbf »

:?:
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

This game is going to make me crazy. I'm trying to improve on my score and I keep doing mistakes everywhere in loop1. It's crazy, if I want to improve on 262M, I got to no miss no bomb up to 2-3 boss, approximately. HOW FUCKING HARD IS THAT >.<

I think I've done over 40 runs now and only one of them was no miss no bomb loop1 then no miss no bomb... up to 2-3 BEGINNING where I did a tiny mistake and died noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, it ended up being a 278M run but won't post it cause the rest sucked.

How about not dividing the player's total score by 2 if they make a little mistake somewhere >.<

I'm curious how often superplayers fuck up their runs in DDP. Perhaps it would appease my anger if I knew they fucked up a lot -_-;; But I guess they don't.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

dont give up prometheus
wel all wait for another great run.
And to calm you, its nothing special fucking upp 999 of 1000 runs.
As in common knowledge there are good and there sometimes are (very) bad times.