DoDonPachi (New Thread #2)

viniciusvbf

Post by viniciusvbf »

PROMETHEUS wrote:it ended up being a 278M run but won't post it cause the rest sucked.
I'll pretend i didn't read this :shock:
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

PROMETHEUS wrote:if I want to improve on 262M, I got to no miss no bomb up to 2-3 boss, approximately. HOW FUCKING HARD IS THAT >.<
Screw that, I'd be more impressed if you went after Hibatchi for the 2-ALL.
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

PROMETHEUS wrote: I'm curious how often superplayers fuck up their runs in DDP. Perhaps it would appease my anger if I knew they fucked up a lot -_-;; But I guess they don't.
Some players played this game for years in the arcades. No practice mode or save state, just full runs everytime. Probably some of them were near the top for years, waiting for that run to come, and making tiny mistakes all the time. Do math and be happy, you have good reasons to be, even right now ^_^
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Dave_K. wrote:Screw that, I'd be more impressed if you went after Hibatchi for the 2-ALL.
It's my next goal for after I achieve my current goal. But I don't know how much time it will take. I will need to get much more consistent at loop1, and some serious work on 2-5 and 2-6 paths. And I'm quite unsure how to get more consistent at loop1, most of the time I miss because I'm not focused. It's really hard to stay focused for so long imo :[

to LUN: yeah... playing in the arcades... I never realized before now how crazy it must have been for them to make the world records. Didn't you guys tell me in London that some player (LAOS?) did a really big score in only 3 weeks of Dodonpachi though ?
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

PROMETHEUS wrote:
Dave_K. wrote:Screw that, I'd be more impressed if you went after Hibatchi for the 2-ALL.
It's my next goal for after I achieve my current goal. But I don't know how much time it will take. I will need to get much more consistent at loop1, and some serious work on 2-5 and 2-6 paths. And I'm quite unsure how to get more consistent at loop1, most of the time I miss because I'm not focused. It's really hard to stay focused for so long imo :[

to LUN: yeah... playing in the arcades... I never realized before now how crazy it must have been for them to make the world records. Didn't you guys tell me in London that some player (LAOS?) did a really big score in only 3 weeks of Dodonpachi though ?
http://page.freett.com/hatty/donpachi/score.html

You can't really tell how long that period of time is, though. They could have played 12hours a day, or 1 hour. Or not played at all some days. "I've played this game for x weeks/months/years" is pretty useless, I think. It can be frustrating sometimes, but you just keep going. : )
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

sikraiken wrote:You can't really tell how long that period of time is, though. They could have played 12hours a day, or 1 hour. Or not played at all some days. "I've played this game for x weeks/months/years" is pretty useless, I think. It can be frustrating sometimes, but you just keep going. : )
ye 100% agree with that. Should only count in hours of play.
well, thanks for your words, I did keep going and...

At fucking last >.<

I feel like... like I've been prosecutedt to the full extent of the jam, probably. Shouldn't have operated this outside japan.

No miss no bomb up to 2-3 boss like I wanted, with 3 hot moments before that though -.- One in stage 6 where I triggered a 10 sec maze of bullets out of which I safely came out partly luckily, big mistake in 2-1 with lucky come back, and big mistake in 2-3 triggering another very hard moment, safely passed. (zomg relief)

2-4 was bad, but then 2-5 and 2-6 went quite okay with some cool moments and I could even get some points there. Enough bombs were left to blow the big bad boss up, and I met Hibachi for the first time in a full run. Battled it out with him for a little while and had to type out.

PROMETHEUS - 314'101'640 - A-L - 2-7 - 695

Replay recorded with wolfmameplus99.
< ddonpchj rom addon required : http://www.mediafire.com/?bxiyjddbidu >
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

fantastic score! will watch the replay later.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

go for broke
javel

Post by javel »

Awesome replay Prometheus! Works well w wolfmameplus101.

The 2-4 deaths broke my heart :/
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

Hot stuff Prome!
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Wow, great replay Prometheus! The 2-ALL is now within reach!
Jck

Post by Jck »

Prometheus, you're awesome! :shock:
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

Nice job, PROMETHEUS. I'm waiting to see your improvement in the near future. : )
Neverland

Post by Neverland »

Prome superstar!!!!!!!!!!

keyboard WIN!!!!

:P
viniciusvbf

Post by viniciusvbf »

Brilliant. Just Brilliant.
2-ALL is near!
jpj

Post by jpj »

excellent score!
what size pc monitor do you have? have you thought of playing this game on saturn or pcb instead (with large tate monitor)?
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

thanks for the compliments guys~!
jpj wrote:what size pc monitor do you have? have you thought of playing this game on saturn or pcb instead (with large tate monitor)?
Well, for me MAME is the ultimate thing for many reasons. It is cheaper, it emulates perfectly (at least it does for DDP), and it allows me to practice with save states and to record inps instead of directly making videos. Also, since I'm often on my computer, MAME is cool because it launches in one click and whenever I feel like playing, it is already running within 5 sec.

My monitor is a 19" CRT. I know how people seem to think it's so much better to play shmups on a very big screen, but I don't really care myself and I don't even use tate. I did try and actually I did my first runs for this "session" in tate but I didn't feel it was better at all (in the sense that it improved my performance) although it did feel more comfortable (or pleasant), and it's too bothersome to put it back to normal all the time. Actually, I think having a small screen area has some advantages too (quite better field of vision).
Ex-Goku

Post by Ex-Goku »

Congrats Prome! :wink:

Awesome score... i'll watch the replay, for sure!
Arcade Extreme Shooting Team Member

My Youtube Channel:
http://it.youtube.com/profile?user=ExGoku

~ AST - EXG ~
zinger

Post by zinger »

Congratulations on that amazing score, PROMETHEUS!
SOUNDSHOCK
ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

Updated. Sorry for taking too long to update it.

Congratulations to PROMETHEUS for breaking 300m!

Sorry to see GaijinPunch, 8 1/2, and RGC get knocked off the score table. Try harder next time, you poor players!
RGC

Post by RGC »

ArrogantBastard wrote: Sorry to see GaijinPunch, 8 1/2, and RGC get knocked off the score table. Try harder next time, you poor players!
Fuck. :x
third_strike

Post by third_strike »

ArrogantBastard wrote:Updated. Sorry for taking too long to update it.

Congratulations to PROMETHEUS for breaking 300m!

Sorry to see GaijinPunch, 8 1/2, and RGC get knocked off the score table. Try harder next time, you poor players!
Sorry not to post before!

Third_strike 56765030 267 C-S 2-2
LOOP 2 very crazy!
Cool!
lgb

Post by lgb »

PROMETHEUS wrote:thanks for the compliments guys~!
jpj wrote:what size pc monitor do you have? have you thought of playing this game on saturn or pcb instead (with large tate monitor)?
Well, for me MAME is the ultimate thing for many reasons. It is cheaper, it emulates perfectly (at least it does for DDP), and it allows me to practice with save states and to record inps instead of directly making videos. Also, since I'm often on my computer, MAME is cool because it launches in one click and whenever I feel like playing, it is already running within 5 sec.

My monitor is a 19" CRT. I know how people seem to think it's so much better to play shmups on a very big screen, but I don't really care myself and I don't even use tate. I did try and actually I did my first runs for this "session" in tate but I didn't feel it was better at all (in the sense that it improved my performance) although it did feel more comfortable (or pleasant), and it's too bothersome to put it back to normal all the time. Actually, I think having a small screen area has some advantages too (quite better field of vision).
Same here. I've gotten lazy, not caring for tateing; it doesn't increase my performance at all. For anything.

Wow. Good score. You've got a next goal? Hibachi? Do Your Best You Have Ever Done.
Ex-Goku

Post by Ex-Goku »

Prome, what about dodo new scores? :P

My Youtube Channel:

~ AST - EXG ~
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

working on it ;D I have never played as much Dodonpachi in my life. But I need more time : this is very probably going to be my final run so I want it to be as good as possible.
Ex-Goku

Post by Ex-Goku »

Good luck, and dont surrender! :wink: :wink: :wink:

My Youtube Channel:

~ AST - EXG ~
stanski

Post by stanski »

Go for 700 mil! Come on, don't settle for less, you can do it! Just think of all the pretty girls you'll get!

And you get to rape sikraiken's score :roll: (not to mention the run on super-play.co.uk!). Seriously, it would be one of the greatest accomplishments by a shmups.com member I would guess if you did get 700 mill.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

at least try to fuck sikraiken's score :o
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

tbh 700M is really impossible for me ^^ It means freaking perfect everything up to Hibachi, with exceptional chaining and probably a lot of risks... I would definitely break down before succeeding if I were to try that kind of stuff ^^
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

GO go prometheus, i think you'll kick hibachi's ass this year :D
Zenodyne R - My 2nd Steam Shmup