Twinbee/Detana Twinbee/Twinbee Da!!

Aquas

Re: Twinbee/Detana Twinbee/Twinbee Da!!

Post by Aquas »

I appreciate it, Kollision! But, it's not that great. I found out that the options-green-bell are actually more effective for survival instead of shield and spread shot. Though, if you go the route of Options, I noticed the rank got really nasty around stage 6, like bullet hell! It only lasts for that stage though. Then the game becomes tame again untill the next rank hike, which I assume is the same place in proceeding loops. Getting through that part was the hardest thing, but nothing too nasty if bullets are herded and the ground turrets are taken care of ASAP. Though, I did have to completely abandon getting bells at this point.

Also, if you go options, don't get the double shot too, rank will get even crazier I think.

Give it another shot sometime. It's not so bad.

With all that being said, I think I can improve my score even more depending on what's in store on and after Stage 12.
Last edited by Aquas on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

Well, the PSP Twinbee Da!! on Hard difficulty is much harder than the first game. But I like playing this one because it nearly matches the quality of danmaku. If that is really the case, check out my PSP Twinbee Da!! Replay on my channel. In that replay, I got one life left on my reserve after surviving the last boss' final attack.
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

Aquas wrote:Twinbee, AC version
Aquas - 2,191,100 - Stage 12?

Gotchya Seahawk. :)
Awww man two million? That will be a doozy to top :?.
Great job :D.
Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

Thanks to Aquas Twinbee is the game of the moment.

Twinbee AC version
Seahawk - 1,776,750 - MAME - Stage 9

I will catch you yet on this game :).

Detana Twinbee
Seahawk - 1,641,800 - MAME - Stage 6

This is the European release Bells n' Whistles. I don't know if that makes a difference.
Aquas

Twinbee Arcade Talk

Post by Aquas »

Well, getting the double shot with the options powerup is good afterall. The double shot is effective for clearing the skies in later levels, and also, the double will keep the bells suspended easier. (I think. When the screen gets crazy and you can't worry about bells.) The rank difference is minor... one way or another, the rank spikes and bullet hell comes. I've noticed after a stage is completed, the rank goes back down.

As far as recovering in this game, I think the best place to do it would be the beginning of the 2nd loop. But... there aren't many bell clouds there. Anywhere else is almost too hectic to attempt a recovery. Luck plays a factor here... And I mention recovering, because if you lose both arms, you're basically doomed to find a good chance to make a recovery attempt.

Perhaps a good recovery strategy would be to take a shield powerup if you can't get the options. Then run the shield out and upgrade to options. At least with the shield it may be easier to get the first speedup which is so crucial like in Gradius, and with shield protection you can hopefully upgrade to spread shot as well.

I wish the medic came more than once. All in all, it begins to feel like a vertical Gradius game, where dying is a no-no.

All being said, I'm looking forward to cracking 3 million and possibly going further. It depends how well my runs will go and frustration considered. :D
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

Detana Twinbee

Seahawk - 1,673,250 - MAME - Stage 5
(European version Bells & Whistles)

I really, REALLY hate this boss! Even with no upgrades at all until stage 3 to keep the rank down this thing still toasted me for all 3 of my lives :(.
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Twinbee, AC version
Aquas - 2,568,050 - Stage 16?

I should have suicided at the metallic club section when I lost my last arm on an already repaired TwinBee. Hm.
Sik-07

Post by Sik-07 »

Twinbee Da!! PSP version

SIK-07 - 2,040,350 - Normal - Completed

Mero

Post by Mero »

Returned to this and managed to beat my old score

Detana!! Twinbee

Mero - 1,749,650 - PSX - Stage 7

ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

So in detana twinbee arcade version, does anyone know what makes split shot and queenbee appear on the ground? I seem to find them at random when destroying stuff.
Mero

Post by Mero »

99 percent sure they're random.
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

Dang. Nice score by the way
PowerofElsydeon

Post by PowerofElsydeon »

Who s the man?
I don t even know how to upload images properly but I did it
ImageImage
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

Got a bunch of TwinBee scores; most of them rather unremarkable with the exception of the arcade TwinBee score which shocked me:

TwinBee - Arcade

Perikles - 4,637,100 - Stage 18

Video

TwinBee - Famicom

Perikles - 1,795,600 - Stage 8

Moero TwinBee - Normal

Perikles - 4,131,400 - Stage 12

TwinBee 3 - Easy

Perikles - 9,999,990 - Stage 8-1/41

TwinBee 3 - Hard

Perikles - 9,999,990 - Stage 7-1/36

TwinBee Da! - PSP

Perikles - 1,804,250 - Normal - Completed

Anyway, I was not expecting to get a TwinBee score (regarding the first arcade game) this high. I got one 1-ALL which was almost a 2-ALL and decided to push it a little further and then got this. Some stupendously lucky moments in there where I get a red bell at just the right moment, but I'm not ashamed in the slightest. :mrgreen: Very excellent bell chains throughout, really glad with the result.

Strongly dislike the first two Famicom TwinBees, the random bell cycle and the pitiful autofire rate make for a frustrating experience. Never even got a shield in Moero once...

TwinBee 3 is obviously too easy and calculable with some exceptionally tedious boss fights, but better something like this than the two predecessors.

PSP Da! is a lovely game, although I'm having difficulties to spot everything on the tiny screen. Love the manic nature and small hitboxes in this one, the game feels harder than it actually is which means that it is immensely satisfying to beat. Might try to get a better score here!

Edit: managed to get a somewhat decipherable picture for the PSP score.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

TwinBee

Shepardus - 1,033,950 - Stage 5

First time getting anywhere noteworthy in this game. (Not sure I've even made it to stage 3 before...) Felt pretty easy most of the way through, wasn't even taking hits on my shield. Then I lost my shield and died while trying to grab a red bell that was on my screen... didn't take my long to lose the rest of my lives.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Xeno

Post by Xeno »

Twinbee
Xeno - 1,304,600 - MAME - Stage 6

tfw when you die while the red bell is on the screen.
"I will not die until I achieve something.
Even though the ideal is high, I never give in.
Therefore, I never die with regrets." 1CC
Perikles

Post by Perikles »

I think it's appropriate to maintain this one, considering all the recent activity. Here's the new thread! :)