Just For Fun I ~ Hori Month (Prehistoric Isle in 1930)

Danny

Re: !

Post by Danny »

DEL wrote:Thanks Danny.
Those pod positionings really are the key.
Yeah I was going to mention that today. It's not if you die your boned but were you die. If you die near a section with plenty of power up pods then it's not so bad but generaly if you die on a boss battle then you are normaly totaly boned.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Danny - 105,800 - Stage 2 (pic)

Well after having a few quick goes I finaly got past stage one, hurrah! Seriously though these stages are LONG they could almost be considered marathons! :D
Infintium

Post by Infintium »

Infintium - 222,750 - 3

Well, I'm chuffed with that. 200,000 was my target, and I got it, with a little sweat n tears. The pod top left tip really did the trick. :D
Ibl

Post by Ibl »

Ibl - 160,250 - 3 pic (same url as last time, just reuploaded the image over the old one)

And don't mind it saying AAA, I got annoyed at dying and forgot that I was supposed to enter my name, so I just mashed the buttons. :P

By the way, is it just me or do you get more points from the $-signs if you let them be on the screen for a longer time?
DEL

!

Post by DEL »

Ibl wrote;
By the way, is it just me or do you get more points from the $-signs if you let them be on the screen for a longer time?
^I just don't know?
There are some scoring queries on old titles that I'm simply don't know the answers to..

Such as in Gemini Wing:- The 2, 5 and 10 blue scoring discs you pick up - are they multipliers of enemies you use them against? Or are they simply set values when you use them?

The grey bubbles in Darius (1) - are the scores gained from them random? Or is there a specific timing for max score?

Danny wrote;
Seriously though these stages are LONG they could almost be considered marathons!
:lol: ^You obviously haven't played the arcade Gradius III. Stage 3 on that is 15 minutes long and the game has 10 stages.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Updated thanks for the scores!
Danny

Post by Danny »

Just as a reminder this season ends on saturday. This could be your last chance to over take a few people so get on it people! :)

p.s: Just checked the score tabels again, everything is in order. Been really busy so I'll try and put in a better score this week! :)
ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

Finally ALL'd it just in time before the deadline, which was my goal to begin with. :)

The game is a goddamn motherfucker. If it wasn't for DEL's helpful tips, I wouldn't have been able to ALL it. The Tyrannosaur Rex boss was just too fucking hard, and I'm surprised I managed to beat it on my last life.:P

Hori games are not my forte at all, and I'm surprised this is my 3rd hori game I've cleared.

ArrogantBastard - 1,383,750 - ALL CLEAR

Screenshot:
DEL

!

Post by DEL »

ArrogantBastard wrote;
Finally ALL'd it just in time before the deadline, which was my goal to begin with.
Excellent :D !

Well Done. This game is truly skanky. I now wish to sell my Prehistoric Isle 1 PCB.
ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

Thanks, DEL. :D
Danny

Post by Danny »

Yeah well done AB!

Got tommorow to imrpove my score. In all honesty I've not been playing this much due to some issues I am having in life atm. But I got the day off tommorow so I am at least going to try and get off level 1 lol! :D
Danny

Post by Danny »

THIS COMP IS NOW OFFICALY CLOSED!

Working out the reasults right now so hang tight!
Danny

Post by Danny »

Overall Table

Code: Select all

Shoe-Sama - 1900 <--- Winner!

ArrogantBastard -  1833

Ibl - 1747

Infintium -  1467

DEL - 1000

Landshark - 857

BulletMagnet -  600

Infintium - 547

Danny - 515 <--- Must try harder next time LOL!

Ahnslaught - 500

Adam76 - 500

Daigohji - 429

Gorecki - 400

Ed Oscuro - 300

Dumple -  286

Bloodreign - 100
This is how the points system works. The maxium anyone can score in a round is 1000 pts. Anyone who does not come first will have there points worked out by this formula below.

Code: Select all

(1000 / amount of players in round) * (amount of players in town - 1 for every place below leader) = score for round
Scores are rounded down if digit after decimal is 0 to 4 while rounded up if 5 to 9.

Well I guess it just leaves me to say congrats to Shoe-Sama for comming first. I kinda lied about a prize of sorts becuase next time this league runs Shoe-Sama will get to select one shmup of his choosing as the "Champs Choice" which will be replacing the "Slide" section of the league.

Anyway I hope you all have had fun playing in this league as I have hosting it. J4F will return and next time I'll avertise it a little better so we get more player but for now... roll on STG '07! :D

p.s: If you have any suggestions for this league please feel free to contact me becase suggestions are always welcome, thanks! :)