Pink Sweets ~ Ibara Sorekara (arcade)

ebarrett

Re: Pink Sweets ~ Ibara Sorekara (arcade)

Post by ebarrett »

Oho, a new #1! Hopefully I'll be arsed to play it again one day, I was rather close to clearing it when I stopped.

For the record, "die twice and carry on" is a good enough plan for snakelasers; my planned run afforded these two deaths plus one each at missiles before second midboss and kamikaze drones (which are indeed possible to get through without dying, but I would not count on it on a run). If you play the st6 boss correctly, you get a 1up at the start of stage 7, and from there on it's "just" a matter of not being obliterated by the TLB-posing-as-midboss in st7.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Hadn't played for the past week, so put it on for a quick go.
Just threw away a potential B score by dying in the dumbest place ever, just before the first midboss in st6. Fuck those stupid yellow things for evading my Rose Cracker and crashing into my blind side.
Finished st5 with a no-miss kill on Freesia with 9.09mil, timeout-killed the st4mid and st5mid as well. Best run ever to the end of st4, no-missing the whole lot and getting all major scoring targets. A complete blunder on the st4boss started the downfall, though, and I didn't get the st5 Extend as I missed a tower due to being underpowered.

I've kept the replay (as I wasn't streaming), as the stage 1 to 4boss run was pretty decent, so if anyone wants to see it, let me know.
It's another 9.6mil score, at least, so there is some consistency now, but it angers me when I think that this score could have been so much higher without all of the retarded deaths throughout.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Holy fuck, letter score coming soon. Break a leg and beat the trap.
ebarrett

Post by ebarrett »

Wow, that death in the second screenshot is pretty much the exact same dumb "how does someone even die here" place where my best went to hell when I whiffed a rose cracker.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Been on it the past three days, after taking almost a month off since the last post in this thread, to rest and chill.

X360 - ver1.00 Arcade
Icarus - B,578,630 - Stage 6 - Lace (A) (25/1/14)

After a number of really bad runs, I beat my old PB by 70k (taking it to 9.95mil), then this happens right at the end of the session.
I'm not going to spoil the replay. Needless to say, there was a couple of big chunks of luck involved, and a few hilarious moments. I'll keep going though, as I feel I can still improve this.
Full stream highlight on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/icarusfw/c/3609196
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

So good. I'm looking forward to seeing this replay.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

Zerst - 10,137,350 - ALL - Lace
Dimahoo is a fun game.
<trap15> C is for Bakraid
chempop

Post by chempop »

Congrats dude! :D
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Zerst wrote:Image
Zerst - 10,137,350 - ALL - Lace
Infinite lives triggered? Good job!
mimiroru

Post by mimiroru »

X360 - Arcade 1.00
Mimiroru - 4,593,340 - Stage 6 - Kasumi (B)

http://i6.minus.com/jfh55VWQmlm5A.jpg

low rank attempt. game over on snakelasers.
Last edited by mimiroru on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mimiroru

Post by mimiroru »

X360 - Arcade 1.00
Mimiroru - 4,846,500 - Stage 6 - Kasumi

http://i5.minus.com/iK0uWgXm5iyKO.jpg

stage 6 went surprisingly well until that stupid death just before the last midboss and the kamikaze safespot fail.

score will probably not improve much. i've tried medalling and not giving a crap about the rank.. but this game is brutal enough as it is.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Scrub clear at Hey in Akihabara on Friday last week, with Kamui and TTH in attendance. Posting it as a marker.

The cab is set to Garegga extends though (extends every 1mil), so it was trivial unlocking infinite lives, therefore this score is invalid anyway as it isn't on defaults. Medal drops all over the place after st4 midboss1, but interestingly I came up with a workable, possibly consistent method to get Search Options before the st6 midboss2 in preparation for the snakelasers - a method I successfully managed this run - so I just need to get it down in a replay for reference.

At least I haven't totally forgotten how to play this, even if the last time I picked it up was end of January.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Hey uses non-default settings? Interesting.

It might be nice to have a Garegga extend table - would be much more enjoyable to play with regular extends.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

That's pretty much how I play it also. I don't get much farther than on defaults though.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

CStarFlare wrote:Hey uses non-default settings? Interesting.
Hey uses non-standard settings for a lot of Cave STG - Espgaluda 2 is set to extends every 20mil, for example, and Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 is set to 65mil/130mil.
Which is why any really serious Japanese Cave player plays at other arcades - the majority of them play at Ebisen, which sets everything to defaults, and has recording equipment hooked up to all the cabs. Hey is more for the tourists and for an accessible meetup point. Hey is also noisy as hell, which is a huge distraction after a while.
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

No new score, but I finally got around to uploading my infinite lives glitch run to youtube. I didn't realize how long this game is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oisQ3Q6XcO0
Dimahoo is a fun game.
<trap15> C is for Bakraid
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Been back on it the past week to derust. Has a few 9mils, a couple of 10mils, and this. The smallest of improvements to my PB, but importantly, a no-miss to stage6 itself, and a run that got to the last form of the stage 6 boss.

X360 - ver1.00 Arcade
Icarus - B,612,370 - Stage 6 (BOSS) - Lace (A) (10/3/15)

Played it safe on the second set of snakes in stage4, using an improvised bomb technique in conjunction with Search Rose Hips. As a result, the run was already 500k lower than my previous PB to that point, and a further 300k behind by the time I no-missed stage5. Make a stupid mistake before the second midboss, accidentally picking up the Rose Hips I was supposed to leave to set up for Search, and ended up having to improvise a two-miss through the snake-lasers. Typical medal drop at the snakelasers. Final death was retarded, dying to the laser net while trying to escape it. Probably totalled a missing 1.5mil or more from all the mistakes and safety plays.

Stream highlight: http://www.twitch.tv/icarusfw/c/6295269
(Replay is also uploaded to XBLA. Heavy audio desync on stream highlight as OBSM is set up incorrectly.)

Stage 7 is within reach.
endoKarb

Post by endoKarb »

Damn good score, congratulations.
"Compendaria res improbitas, virtus longa."
DEL

Post by DEL »

Congrats ICR!
Its colourful enough to be a good looking Demo at Stunfest, plus you're currently skilled-up on it.
Always a thought.....
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

… hmmm, yeah. I guess short breaks work. (Either that or it's the new joystick.)

X360 - ver1.00 Arcade
Icarus - D,063,270 - Stage 7 (MIDBOSS) - Lace (A) (22/3/15)

No-miss to the stage6 snakelasers, then chaos ensued. Managed to scrape through, no-miss killed the stage6 boss, then eventually ended the run at the stage7 midboss.
Really need to cut out these stupid mistakes. Also, chaindrops all over the place at the end of stage6, otherwise this would have been D.5+ or higher.

Twitch highlight: http://www.twitch.tv/icarusfw/c/6370708
(Starts from the stage3 boss as I hit "Start Recording" on OBSM instead of "Start Streaming", and didn't realise it until stage3. Also, end of stream muted because Twitch. Replay is also on XBLA.)
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Awesome. Do you see a clear within reach, or is the 7 midboss/boss a serious wall?
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Depends on how the resources look when I get there.
2+ lives and there may be a small to decent chance to clear; anything less and it'll either be down to huge luck, or end in an inevitable game over, unless I can find a consistently safe way to deal with the stage7mid.