Pink Sweets ~ Ibara Sorekara (arcade)

KAI

Re: Pink Sweets ~ Ibara Sorekara (arcade)

Post by KAI »

5mil with Lace after 1 hour of practice.
I think that game was named after her.
ebarrett

Post by ebarrett »

X360 - HARDER 1.00
EBR - 3,907,120 - 4 - Lace (A)

Missed the st3 extend, made a horrible mistake at SE3, game over by ramming SE4 after killing it. :roll:

edit: added picture
Last edited by ebarrett on Tue May 29, 2012 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Kai - 5,467,010 - 6 - Lace (A)
I took the pic and closed the emulator, i don't want overwrite the 1st position on my table.
ebarrett

Post by ebarrett »

Added a picture to the Harder mode score. By the way KAI's run is at the stage 5 boss, not stage 6.

Harder mode is really interesting, I might put Arcade mode sort of on hold for a while.
ebarrett

Post by ebarrett »

X360 - HARDER 1.00
EBR - 4,795,560 - 4 - Lace (A)

was doing really great then whooops meltdown just before the snake midboss
KAI

Post by KAI »

KAI - 2,874,450 - 5 - Kasumi (B)

I was thinking about scoring with Midi & Meidi too, but i'm having nightmares since i saw a guy cosplaying Meidi.
the allett

Post by the allett »

PCB
THE ALLETT - A,115,290 - ALL - Lace (A)

After a few months away from the game i decided to try a No medal run just for giggles! It was so easy to get the lives bug activated, as going into stage 5 even though i had all thoses lives the rank was still so low to get an easy run to the fixed extend. Will play more when i get time or can be bothered as real life kicks in too much these days to put any real time into anything :(
In the words of an alcholic, have another drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ebarrett

Post by ebarrett »

X360 - Arcade 1.00
EBR - 9,402,090 - 6 - Lace (A)

Finally got back to this after STGT. Missed the stage 3 extend, accidentally destroyed the first medalboat in stage 4 right away, and didn't get an expected extend at the beginning of stage 5. Then died two extremely moronic deaths to the stage 5 boss. One more death at those three large ships + popcorn with aimed minirockets a little before the second stage 6 midboss left me with only one spare life for max rank snakelasers, where everyone is expected to pay a two lives fee, but amazingly I survived the second wave unscathed to game over to some dumb SE6 death instead.

All in all, not a bad run given the ridiculous amount of dumb mistakes. The replay is up in the leaderboards for anyone interested.

edit: also a couple another scoring mistakes: failed to take out the st1 boss turret (50k) and killed SE4 too early and missed out on the easiest milking in the game (a few hundred thousand points). also rank was rather low throughout, I probably should do something about it.
Last edited by ebarrett on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

Nice one dude. Right under YosK, you're in good company.

Keep going!
We are holding the secret power of shmups.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Great score! You're probably exactly at the skill level, where I gave up. I just couldn't handle stage 6 anymore, those snakelasers where chasing me into desperation.

Please don't give up at this time as I have and kill this effing game for the sake of humanity!!! :wink:
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

This is playable in MAME now? I havne't gotten to touch it since my 360 shit the bed. Time for some rom searching....
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
Korszca

Post by Korszca »

Depends on how you define playable. There's absolutely no slowdown, and you need a rather powerful computer to avoid some pretty heavy lag during the background loading (about twice per stage).
ebarrett

Post by ebarrett »

X360 - Arcade 1.00
EBR - 3,207,060 - 5 - Midi & Meidi (B)

Something to take a break from stage 2 screwups with Lace, maybe I'll upload a picture if and when I can be arsed. Four deaths in stage 4 because I forgot M&M's shot was never going kill those homing bullets before the snakes quickly enough at high(ish) rank, run went to shit from there. Then got myself killed off for good by whiffing a rose cracker early in stage 5.
ebarrett

Post by ebarrett »

X360 - Arcade 1.00
EBR - 9,795,580 - 6 - Lace (A)

This run would have triggered infinite lives on a bugged, inferior, worthless version. No deaths into stage 6, where I proceeded to completely lose my cool. Long story short: game over at the kamikaze spam before the boss.
marus

Post by marus »

X360 - Arcade 1.00
marus-MPO - 4,437,090 - 5 - Kasumi (A)

Pink Sweets Love Thread convinced me to throw in a credit today. I suck hard at 1.00 lol.

After Evo I really want to sit down and finish 1.01. After that I'll work on 1.00, although I'm not sure what character I'll want to use.
KAI

Post by KAI »

marus wrote:Pink Sweets Love Thread convinced me to throw in a credit today.
Yes! Mission accomplished.
Y'om

Post by Y'om »

Hi guys, i've a little question... It is possible to clear this game with any rank management ? Because... i ALWAYS die at the 5th stage because its not possible to survive in this f***in HELL...
I've tryed a lot of technics but no one works... I've tryed to clear this 5th stage with rose cracker all the time and just hit with rose hip but i always die because the greens lasers catch me everywhere :/

So its possible or not ? :/ have you got a little replay of it if its possible ?

I've tryed to clear with rank management... but i loose at the 5th stage like if i dont manage the rank... i dont realy seen the difference. So if you have some technics, i take all. (ive already read all the strategy guides from this game).

So my little score... :

Y'om - 5,108,720 - 5 - Lace Rose - (A)

edit : sorry for my bad english.... (again)
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Avoid using rose cracker, and never pick up any rose hips. You'll thank me later.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
ebarrett

Post by ebarrett »

Actually, stage 5 is perfectly beatable at max rank - it isn't even particularly hard. Just watch my run on the leaderboards (account is ebrl), I'm pretty sure I entered the stage close to max rank (can't check it out now, the 360 has been out of service for months - either way I always practiced the stage at max rank, using the same routes). The hardest part is, by far, the blocky green dudes just before the boss; and maybe the boss too if you're not used to it.
jpeg

Post by jpeg »

Hi! I play on mame. My scores:
Image I only want to show my score with shasta here
Normal
jpeg - 4022620 - Stage 4 - Shasta (A)
Also
Normal
jpeg - 6568820 - Stage 5 - Lace (A)
Last edited by jpeg on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zerst

Post by Zerst »

Heh, I didn't realize my scores were holding up after all this time; maybe I should start playing again. Just wish I could do 1.00 separate.
Dimahoo is a fun game.
<trap15> C is for Bakraid
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

X360 - Arcade 1.00
Aquas - 2,219,050 - 5 - Meidi & Midi (A)

Whoa! I'm digging this game now that I've put a little time in. First time to stage 5 there. I was just like "SHIT!" at the big train lol.

Why am I using Meidi & Midi? I think it's the type that really forces survival play on. And I guess I'm a sucker for a clean-looking straight and spread shot.

Edit: Holy hell, got to practicing Desert and dear god, that is ridiculous shit.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

PCB - Arcade 1.00
Aquas - 5,500,000 - 5 - Lace (A)

I forgot to write down or take a picture of my score, but got this on my buddies PCB tonight. Certain it was 5.5, at least. I got one of the medal fountains in St.4 with full medal, but dropped my chain two or three times through-out the run.. Some day when I get back there I'll get the exact numbers.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

After watching trap0xf playing the PCB last week, I've got the taste for PS back, and have been playing this over the weekend. I'll will likely play it (and Battle Garegga) during my free time, now that I don't have to worry about Dodonpachi Saidaioujou X360-L.

X360 - ver1.00 Arcade
Icarus - 6,591,470 - Stage 5 - Lace (A) (07/12/13)

Live streamed replay: http://www.twitch.tv/icarusfw/c/3357892

A couple of medal drops and some stupid flailing about, but new PB on the first proper session back. I can manage about 5.8mil after the stage 4 midboss if I can perfect the method, and with a decent stage 5, I should be at 8mil+ starting the stage 5 boss. I just need to practice stage 5 and the boss a lot to get it down, though. May rejiggle my run to try and reduce overall rank in the route a bit, as well.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Minor update to my PB, with a few changes to strategy, done last night.

X360 - ver1.00 Arcade
Icarus - 7,350,800 - Stage 5 - Lace (A) (14/12/13)

Live streamed replay: http://www.twitch.tv/icarusfw/c/3389636

Was having some issues with the second snaketrain section in stage 4 (the one just after the midboss) so I experimented with picking up Search Options, which helped immensely. Still fumbled hugely on the second midboss though, and subsequently had to fight the stage 4 boss with only one power level which killed scoring potential. Only medal drop was on the trains after the stage 5 midboss, and got to the boss but haven't practiced it and died to the springball.

Still looking at around 8mil to the stage 5 boss with some decent execution.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

First proper foray into stage 6 with some scoring going on.

X360 - ver1.00 Arcade
Icarus - 8,950,540 - Stage 6 - Lace (A) (21/12/13)

A medal drop after the stage4 midboss cost a lot more than expected, as I had to rebuild throughout the second half of stage 4 and all of stage5. Since I recently tested out my strategies and pulled out a 9.3mil stage5 clear using save states, I estimate I lost a total of 1.6mil because of it, and a number of lives too. Without that medal drop, perhaps this would have been at least an A.5mil.

Run is up on XBLA, and was streamed live this evening. http://www.twitch.tv/icarusfw/c/3428450

Just a note, using savestates, even with a medal drop I can get to the third stage6 midboss with a C score, so I know what my benchmark is currently. Just need to actually get some consistency and not do a shit-ton of stupid mistakes throughout the run. That, and try to identify a safe way through the snakelasers in stage6.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Irritatingly close to a letter score.

X360 - ver1.00 Arcade
Icarus - 9,888,090 - Stage 6 - Lace (A) (26/12/13)

More annoying was the fact that I lost 700k from st4 via a really stupid mistake on the midboss and subsequent recovery via snaketrains, and the rebuild lasted until neat the end of st5, losing a combined total of 1.1mil. Yet another stupid mistake in a simple section of st6, and died to a vicious wave of homing missile gunners just before midboss2. Getting somewhere now, and some consistency.

Live streamed replay: http://www.twitch.tv/icarusfw/c/3451631
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

Damn Icarus, you're making awesome progress with this. :shock:

You're also making me want to play PS again... which is probably not a good idea for any number of reasons, chief among them that I enjoy my sanity.
1CC List | youtube | twitch
I love Ibara.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Softdrink 117 wrote:Damn Icarus, you're making awesome progress with this. :shock:
Once you have a good strategy, it becomes a lot more consistent. At present, there are only five sections I personally find extremely difficult, and only one of those (st6 snakelasers) I haven't figured out yet. The other four (st4 second set of snakes; st5 robots before boss; st6 missilers before midboss2; st6 end drone rush) can be no-missed with the proper timing, positioning and weapon selection, which I've done a number of times in practice, and just need to drill until I can do it in a run.
Softdrink 117 wrote:You're also making me want to play PS again... which is probably not a good idea for any number of reasons, chief among them that I enjoy my sanity.
We all go a little crazy sometimes.
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

Icarus wrote: Once you have a good strategy, it becomes a lot more consistent. At present, there are only five sections I personally find extremely difficult, and only one of those (st6 snakelasers) I haven't figured out yet. The other four (st4 second set of snakes; st5 robots before boss; st6 missilers before midboss2; st6 end drone rush) can be no-missed with the proper timing, positioning and weapon selection, which I've done a number of times in practice, and just need to drill until I can do it in a run.
I don't doubt it. My experience with Ibara has been that once you understand the game and work out a basic strategy it really opens up, and just a few problem spots remain (mainly the second half of stage 5 and Lace). I'm sure Pink Sweets is similar in many respects. I just haven't quite been able to wrap my head around the rank/extend relationship in a way that makes sense yet, and most of my time with the port has been on the Pork side.

I've made it reasonably far into PS (I think my furthest is a significant ways into stage 4, although I may have even hit stage 5 once), but I have a lot of trouble with scoring, and despite understanding theoretically how to get extends have some serious problems doing it in real runs. (Actually, I think that statement pretty much sums up my experience of Pink Sweets-- I know a lot about the theory of playing the game, but I can never quite execute it.) The tank extends in particular I often mess up accidentally.
Icarus wrote: We all go a little crazy sometimes.
Well said.

I think I'll give the game another try.

:D

EDIT: Gave it another go... I still do alright on the first three stages, but everything past that goes straight to hell. Past the middle of stage 6 it seriously seems almost impossible; so much positioning and memo-heavy attack patterns. I'll check out your replays; maybe I'm just missing some fundamental trick to playing the game.
1CC List | youtube | twitch
I love Ibara.