Pink Sweets ~ Ibara Sorekara (arcade)

DEL

Re: Pink Sweets ~ Ibara Sorekara (arcade)

Post by DEL »

Nice :!:
I will chase
EDIT: Moved on - did not chase.
Last edited by DEL on Sun May 13, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Took a few days off after Crimzon Clover, first proper day back with Pink Sweets. Wow, very rusty indeed.

ARCADE MODE (X360 ver1.00)
5,083,840 - Icarus - Stage 4 (BOSS) - Lace (A)

Got tagged just before the boss and had to fight with a single laser and rosehip, caught out by the destroyable bullet spread on the second form.
20th on XBLA, no replay since it takes an age to upload, and I lose my patience before it finishes.
Slowly working back up.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Great to see you playing the game! Nice opening score aswell.
Got tagged just before the boss [...]
Let me guess, it was this damn snake, right? It's such a bastard when fighting it without rose crackers. :x
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Plasmo wrote:Let me guess, it was this damn snake, right? It's such a bastard when fighting it without rose crackers. :x
Yeah, it was moving around randomly and trapped me in a corner. Tricky bast to deal with. I'm not doing much rank control either, just playing through.
Just running through st4 and 5 in training mode, should have something not crappy in the next few days.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Yeah, it was moving around randomly and trapped me in a corner. Tricky bast to deal with.
If you find any sweets spots or good strats let me know. Right now I'm doing a safe strategy with 3-4 rose crackers to kill him quickly.
Just running through st4 and 5 in training mode, should have something not crappy in the next few days.
Alright, looking forward to it. :D
I like chocolate milk

Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Progress.

ARCADE MODE (X360 ver1.00)
5,981,330 - Icarus - Stage 5 - Lace (A)

Would have had a nice run into st5 if I hadn't been catapulted into the st4 boss's lasers by one of the gravity wells. Promptly lost the rest of my lives and a medal drop trying to power up from the trains.
Looks like maxing rank out in stage5 is a bad idea…

By the way, how long does it take to upload a replay? Seems to take forever for one of my plays to go up. :/
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Would have had a nice run into st5 if I hadn't been catapulted into the st4 boss's lasers by one of the gravity wells.
Be sure to move away from the boss before the laser attack even starts (and if you realize that it's actually the destroyable bullets attack, move quickly back of course). The most important thing is, that you're on speed level 4 (max speed), otherwise the absorbing bits can be a pain.
By the way, how long does it take to upload a replay? Seems to take forever for one of my plays to go up. :/
Takes 1-2min for me...and my connection isn't the best. :?
I like chocolate milk

Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Plasmo wrote:Be sure to move away from the boss before the laser attack even starts (and if you realize that it's actually the destroyable bullets attack, move quickly back of course). The most important thing is, that you're on speed level 4 (max speed), otherwise the absorbing bits can be a pain.
I just need to refine my positioning and attacks for this boss. In this case, a combination of push and pull gravity wells threw me straight into a laser, otherwise I'd have gone into st5 with full power, four lives and max medals. Getting there slowly, lol.
Working on my st1 to 5 strats, looking at around 7.5mil after st5 boss.
Plasmo wrote:Takes 1-2min for me...and my connection isn't the best. :?
I could leave it on for ten minutes and it still won't upload, so there might be an issue somewhere. Which is weird, as all the other Cave games upload almost instantly.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

otherwise I'd have gone into st5 with full power, four lives and max medals.
So you're definitely aiming for a max rank play? Sounds good!
I like chocolate milk

Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Plasmo wrote:So you're definitely aiming for a max rank play? Sounds good!
I'm not playing it like YOS.K though, just playing it normally with some limited rank management (surplus item drops, limiting button presses etc). Rank is usually maxed by st5 start or somewhere within the stage. I figure that rank is going to be maxed at some point anyway, so might as well just deal with it, lol. Haven't experimented with low-rank play yet.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

The way I try to play the game is to keep rank as low as possible for the ultimate wall, namely the snakelaser section in stage 6. I am aiming for 50/60% rank there. After that I plan to max out the rank, because it doesn't matter anyway and is beyond control.
If you're already on max rank at the snakelasers, you'll have a problem for sure.
I like chocolate milk

05pro

Post by 05pro »

Re: Uploads - mine used to take about 30secs or so. On Sunday all of my online scores got wiped and when I tried uploading new rankings and replays the rankings went up immediately as per usual but the replays just jammed. I left them for a good 10mis or so but nothing happened. I thought it was just my ever dodgy router but I guess not. Great games but Cave's pretty shabby at getting their problems ironed out before releases these days. Hopefully they'll patch things up.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Plasmo wrote:The way I try to play the game is to keep rank as low as possible for the ultimate wall, namely the snakelaser section in stage 6. I am aiming for 50/60% rank there. After that I plan to max out the rank, because it doesn't matter anyway and is beyond control.
If you're already on max rank at the snakelasers, you'll have a problem for sure.
Indeed, but I'll deal with that wall when I get there, lol.
I'm quite certain that if YOS.K is going at it at max rank, there must be a good way through the section.
05pro wrote:Re: Uploads - mine used to take about 30secs or so. On Sunday all of my online scores got wiped and when I tried uploading new rankings and replays the rankings went up immediately as per usual but the replays just jammed. I left them for a good 10mis or so but nothing happened. I thought it was just my ever dodgy router but I guess not. Great games but Cave's pretty shabby at getting their problems ironed out before releases these days. Hopefully they'll patch things up.
Thought that was the case. I'm skipping uploading the replays though, until they fix the problem.
Enhasa

Post by Enhasa »

Yes, I am in the right board. 1.00 woo woo

Arcade
Enhasa - 3,610,200 - Stage 4 - Shasta (A)
"I think happiness is just being able to loaf without stress."

http://speeddemosarchive.com/
KAI

Post by KAI »

Mame

Normal
Kai - 5,076,490 - 6 - Shasta (start)
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Nice score KAI!

JPJ I think you need to add a new column to indicate Mame scores (vs PCB).
ebarrett

Post by ebarrett »

MAME

Normal
EBR - 6,590,370 - 6 - Lace (A)

So much frameskipping (set to auto, obv), every time I entered a stage or some boss/midboss appeared I was forced into dodging stuff by guesswork - things often turned into a lightspeed slideshow. This caused a minor meltdown in stage 4 which took away a few precious lives and nuked the medal chain, and was also what killed off the last life at the loleasy first midboss in stage 6. Other (sort of expected) deaths were at the green dude spam before the st5 midboss (still no idea how to survive that - at least I was lucky to keep the 10k medals there), and another at the st5 boss because I'm stupid and fumbled some keys. I also uh timed out the st5 boss, and somehow didn't die to the "fuck you here's all attacks at once" attack, so I guess that makes up for it.

Will most likely go back to playing the 360 port, being able to use the keyboard is huge for me but the frameskipping kills any chance of actually clearing the game - I played very defensively from the start of stage 4 and it was still a nightmare.
ebarrett

Post by ebarrett »

X360 - Arcade 1.00

EBR - 7,487,580 - 5 - Lace (A)

> no-miss to st5
> second ZAN counter extend at the beginning of st5 (!)
> died just before SE5, failed the tower extend, complete meltdown, game over to the boss timing out

goddamn nerves, I no-miss stage 5 (including the boss) pretty much every time in practice
Last edited by ebarrett on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Great score! Seems like some competition is coming up there...
I like chocolate milk

ebarrett

Post by ebarrett »

Accidentally started a Midi & Meidi credit.

X360 - Arcade 1.00
EBR - 2,617,950 - 4 - Midi & Meidi (A)

Sort of did better than I expected - everything refuses to die to M&M's. Hilarious gameover by running into the snake midboss for no apparent reason.
Korszca

Post by Korszca »

PCB:
KZC - 4,867,880 - Stage 5 - Shasta (Type A)
the allett

Post by the allett »

Getting back into this ACE game 8)

PCB
THE ALLETT - 7,169,530 - 5 - Lace (A)

Missed the 6th extend like a cock :(
Game ended on last phase of boss
In the words of an alcholic, have another drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the allett

Post by the allett »

PCB
THE ALLETT - 9,532,840 - ALL - Lace (A)

No miss going into stage 5 with 5 lives
Got the fixed extend and bingo infi lives bug activated!

Rest of the game i was going in blind and it was death after death after death until the credits rolled :oops:
In the words of an alcholic, have another drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jpj

Post by jpj »

post a pic please
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Time to split tables I guess...
I like chocolate milk

Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Congrats. It'd be nice to have the PCB or working legit emulation with the right slowdown so I could try playing it the same way, but as is I'm stuck with a version that's completely useless to me.

But I'm just posting here cause pulling the trick deserves some congrats. Make sure to grind stage 6, cause that's worth a lot.
ebarrett

Post by ebarrett »

Time to get back to work, I guess.

X360 - Arcade 1.00
EBR - 8,660,910 - 6 - Lace (A)

Sloppy run, died in st3, missed the fixed extend, did a lot of dumb things throughout, had some respawn-time-induced chainbreak somewhere, and finally game over to snakelasers after arriving there running on fumes and with a lousy score for the distance. Not bad for the first run in a couple of months or so!

Sort of pissed at starting it in "START 1P" mode instead of "SCORE ATTACK 1P", since that score would have replaced my 1.01 clear while moving me up two positions on the 360 leaderboards, but my goal is much higher anyway so that's just a minor, temporary annoyance.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Congrats the allett!!!

What would you guys say is more difficult, triggering infinite lives or 1CC regularly?
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
the allett

Post by the allett »

Thanks guys :)

Sorry i dont have a digital camera so no pic, if i can get hold of one then i will post up a photo. Sorry jpj i forgot the rules of this thread so no worries dude

I will come back to this soon as my Stage 6 and 7 during the run were complete ass :oops:

Will play Score attack mode so i can get use to stage 6

Cheers
mark
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

What would you guys say is more difficult, triggering infinite lives or 1CC regularly?
A "regular" 1cc in PS is probably harder than Mushi Ultra. It's absurdly difficult.
I like chocolate milk