STGT 2k6- Week #2 Armed Police Batrider

Rob

Post by Rob »

Rob - Feka USA - 5'495'060 - 6 - Strawman(A)

Hopefully some other FUSA player is playing, since there's only 2 atm. :?
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

freddiebamboo - namakoteam - 4,143,540 - Stage 5 - Strawman (A)
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Twiddle - kusoteam - 6,070,180 - Stage 7 - Carpet (Start) - [WolfMAME Japan Rev. B]

I kind of want to break the legs of the son-of-a-whore who didn't code in a dead zone for half of the enemies in zenovia city
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

YAY!

I finally broke my 2.5-3.5 million curse :D

The Coop - Team Old Schoolers - 4,472,310 - Stage 6 - Maria (Option) - MAME (rev. B)

Edit: Oops. Listed the wrong button I pushed.
zakk

Post by zakk »

Zakk - Team Cowboy - 5,082,690 - Stage 6 - Strawman(A) (PCB JPN REV B)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Nemo - FEKA USA - 6,324,020 - 7/8 - Straw(A)/Bornam(B)/Silver(C)

Grubby refused to die. :oops: I'm done for the week, Rob and hopefully teammate lurking in the shadows, carry us home.
Rob

Post by Rob »

You did good. Bravo. 8)
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Finally some real progress. I really had problems with Blunt. Unfortunately, I also got Sobut, but he was surprisingly easy in comparison. I made it into stage 6 for the very first time and didn't do too badly there. I even survived the big turret wall, but got shot down by a stray bullet immediately after. I only wish I hadn't lost my medal chain thrice during this run.

Herr Schatten - Team Old Schoolers - 5,069,910 - Stage 6 - Strawman (C) (MAME)
_Bnu

Post by _Bnu »

Unfortunately, my mom hates me and wants me dead, so she took the digicam with her when she went off with her creepy teacher friends, so no awesome pictures of my incredible supergun setup this week. :|

Anyway, here's my crappy score:

_Bnu - Team Apes/Loser - 4,080,510 - Stage 5 - Strawman (A)/Flying Crapman (A)/Bornnam (A) (PCB)

Yeah, I dropped the medal chain in the sewage, and I forgot to bomb this and that, I know. ;_; Got owned to hell in the collosseum. Bornnam, you little assface.
('3`) chuuuuuuu
Team apes theme video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pge3IQtdrg4
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Acid King - Drink & Fly - 4,709,040 - Stage 6 - Strawman (A) - MAME - Japan Version B

Lost my medal chain twice, once in stage 2 once in 6... could have had more but I dropped an extend on stage 6 on my last life after accidentally driving the rank up like mad on stage 5 by grabbing an extend with a full stock.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

edit-

cigsthecat - California Dudez - 8,528,370 - Stage 7 - Strawman (A) - [PCB - JPN Ver. B]
"The art director is always listed as the art director in their games. The programmer is always listed as the programmer."
landshark

Post by landshark »

cigsthecat wrote:edit-

cigsthecat - California Dudez - 8,528,370 - Stage 7 - Strawman (A) - [PCB - JPN Ver. B]

WOW.

Nice job Cigs.
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Ghegs - Team Skandinavia - 4,084,190 - Stage 6 - Maria (A) - MAME (rev. B)

Considering this was my sixth attempt at the game EVER, I think I did okay. It's also probably my last score - I've been playing everything but shmups this week and I just couldn't find the interest for this.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
msm

Post by msm »

msm - Underdogs - 4'214'010 - 6 - Strawman - (MAME)

was happy just to get to stage 6 :)
1up

Post by 1up »

new score:

1up - Team Skandinavia - 1.184.890 - Stage 3 - Carpet (MAME)

Dont know wtf I did but once i Beat the helicopter boss a new red boss emerged?? What did I do to make this boss appear? I got a lot of points for taking that one out.
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

1up wrote: What did I do to make this boss appear?
answer:

Code: Select all

Destroy all of the large triangular ships in the middle of the stage. You must have at least one surviving Mahou character in your team after you defeat Boredom.
Why don't you check out the strategy section of the forum for a lot of nice tips and strategies (doh) for extra bosses, scoring...
Just click for the index there and you'll find 3 threads dedicated to APB. :D
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

1up wrote:Dont know wtf I did but once i Beat the helicopter boss a new red boss emerged?? What did I do to make this boss appear? I got a lot of points for taking that one out.
You mean this one?

That's Bashinet. Destroy all of the blue bombers near the start of the stage. The announcer will tell you if you are successful ("GREAT!"). Then beat Boredom (the boss) with a Mahou character still in reserve (Car-Pet included).
thesuperkillerxxx

Post by thesuperkillerxxx »

^^^

He says "Cool!"!!!!
Rob

Post by Rob »

---
Last edited by Rob on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRS

Post by NRS »

Eh, I know I can do better...

NRS - Team Loser - 2,261,090 - Stage 4 - Car-pet (C) - MAME

gionmatsuli

Post by gionmatsuli »

Gion- Team Stranger- 4,419,190- Stage 5- Strawman (A)

Someone knows how you fight red ninja just before the green boss robot? Because in one of my run I just met him but don't remember wich chara I had on my team.
Zigfried the Trizealot

Post by Zigfried the Trizealot »

Zigfried - Feka USA - 1'985'580 - 4 - Psychic Team - (MAME)

I don't know how to tell if I'm picking an A, B, or C form of the ships. I also haven't really figured out what I'm doing yet (in terms of earning points), but I figure if I stay alive long enough, that should help. The first three stages were really easy, but then I fell apart for no apparent reason.

//Zig
Rob

Post by Rob »

That just corresponds to the game's buttons (A/1, B/2, etc.). You will notice a color change as you select them. For score you might just want to focus on collecting the medals, which go up to 10,000 (similar to Blazing Star, but less forgiving). If you bomb in certain spots you will reveal more (this only takes a few fragments of a bomb).
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Never really played this game before. Played four credits today, and that's about all I can stand. The screen is so jerky on mame, it's giving me headaches. Anyway, here's another Feka USA score:

TWE - Feka USA - 2,397,760 - 5 - Psychic Team - (MAME)
Zigfried the Trizealot

Post by Zigfried the Trizealot »

Thanks for the tips Rob. I'll post another score now, and then my next will be tomorrow.

Zigfried - Feka USA - 2'747'620 - 6 - Miyamoto (C) - (MAME)

//Zig
Davey

Post by Davey »

Davey - Super Buffet S. T. - 3,767,800 - 5 - Car-pet (C) - MAME

I thought I remember reading in Moronic Rank Thread #938435 that you don't even need to worry about managing rank until you're pretty good. Either my memory is making stuff up, or whoever said that is an asshole for wasting a lot of my time. :)
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Davey wrote:I thought I remember reading in Moronic Rank Thread #938435 that you don't even need to worry about managing rank until you're pretty good. Either my memory is making stuff up, or whoever said that is an asshole for wasting a lot of my time. :)
the latter
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
landshark

Post by landshark »

This game can go fuck itself. I love it to death as it has the best bosses of any game. But it can go fuck itself with a rusty nailed two by four, sideways. I can't count how many times I punched the TV tonight. Probably going to have bruised knuckles tomorrow. Almost had a stroke when my cat climbed in the cabinet and started playing with the keyboard. And broke a chain on my mame cab when I threw down a cabinet door in disgust. Gotta repair that tomorrow.

7-million club

Landshark - Super Buffet S.T. - 7,090,780 - 7 - Strawman(A) SilverSword(B) Bornman(C)

I took this combo specifically for the extra bosses. Yet I managed to die exactly at the right time with the right characters to not get most of them. Would have had a nicer score (but maybe not made it as far?)

The order of these might be wrong, but:

Drew bashi. Leached the living shit out of that blue boss that starts with a wagging tail and eventually spits out lots of drones from it's busted wings. Leached all of one side until it broke.

Leached for a long time on the otherside until it died. Silversword is fucking fantastic for this leaching.

Lost Silversword right before I could draw blackheart.

Lost Bornman before I could drag out the ninjas.

Killed Blunt. Was damned happy none of the other level 5 bosses joined the party (what triggers multiple level 5 bosses!?).

Then Blackheart Mk2 came out. I didn't even know there WAS a Blackheart MK2. Rank was cranked at this point. Dear god THE POINTS you get from this boss are awesome. All those little pink bullets ... so many points. He rushed the bottom where it's normally safe to sit between the jets ... apparently not on MK2. Died with 2 bombs. Then killed him with the next ship.

Had 3 ships from extends by stage 7 (stage 6). Lost them all in the stage hoping for 7-million.

Got it.

No more.
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

ED-057 - Team Old Schoolers - 2,590,720 - 5 - Maria (A) - MAME

Scoring is too much work in this game :cry:
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

landshark wrote:AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH
Another satisfied customer
unban shw