STGT 2k6- Week #2 Armed Police Batrider

Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Twiddle - kusoteam - 4,338,720 - Stage 6 - Strawman (A) - [WolfMAME Japan Rev. B]

"It wasn't an invisible bullet, you just didn't see it."

I'll keep telling myself that.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
Davey

Post by Davey »

Hopefully I can do better than this... I've never put much time in any Raizing game, and I'm always clumsy in them (I'm probably just not used to the hitboxes, bullet speed, bullets being fired from short range, low visibility, etc.)

Davey - Super Buffet S. T. - 2,679,110 - Stage 5 - Bornnam (A) - MAME

Oh, and there's too many damn characters in this game. I can't choose one. I'm sure that's holding me back.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Davey wrote:Hopefully I can do better than this... I've never put much time in any Raizing game, and I'm always clumsy in them (I'm probably just not used to the hitboxes, bullet speed, bullets being fired from short range, low visibility, etc.)
The low visibility is what kills me all the time. Especially those thing blue laser bolts - those things are friggin impossible to see when rank is cranked and the screen is cluttered.
Oh, and there's too many damn characters in this game. I can't choose one. I'm sure that's holding me back.
Strawman seems to be the easiest. Carpet has a lot of firepower, but the homing ability of Strawman is tough to beat.
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
Rob

Post by Rob »

landshark wrote:but the homing ability of Strawman is tough to beat.
I think this is the worst thing about Strawman. Wide is more than enough... Homing can destroy an enemy just off screen and have a medal slip by unnoticed... Or hit things you don't want to destroy, like when picking apart a boss. But the speed and bomb are good.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Rob wrote:I think this is the worst thing about Strawman. Wide is more than enough... Homing can destroy an enemy just off screen and have a medal slip by unnoticed... Or hit things you don't want to destroy, like when picking apart a boss. But the speed and bomb are good.
You can limit the homing range of the lasers by keeping your Option power down. The lower the power, the shorter the homing range.

Either that, or try Miyamoto for a pure wide attack range with fast speed.
shiftace

Post by shiftace »

shiftace - Team Loser - 2,630,680 - Stage 4 - Golden (C) / Strawman (A) / Birthday (S) - MAME

So is absolutely everyone else using just one ship? I guess I should read the GD some more.
"Can they really get inside my head?"
"As long as you keep an open mind."
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Icarus wrote:Either that, or try Miyamoto for a pure wide attack range with fast speed.
The Mahou extra bosses make you want to kill yourself. The Garegga extra bosses aren't bad, but in this game all of the Garegga ships suck shit from a sewage pipe.
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Nemo - FEKA USA - 4,829,440 - 6 - Straw, Bornam, Silver(A)
Rob

Post by Rob »

8)
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Twiddle wrote:The Mahou extra bosses make you want to kill yourself. The Garegga extra bosses aren't bad, but in this game all of the Garegga ships suck shit from a sewage pipe.
The Mahou bosses are pretty rough, but only because they take up 200% more screen than their original versions, making some attacks very difficult to dodge. And the Garegga bosses are cake, the same tactics work on them (yes, even grenade milking Black Heart2 with Gain and Bornnam).

As for the ships themselves, it depends on preference. I like Bornnam and Gain as they have some powerful Shot strength when speeded up - an almost continuous stream of bullets - while Silver Sword is the best of the Garegga ships for its Shot width and the directional Napalm, with Grasshopper in second (piercing Shot and fast Vulcan).
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

That's something I've been meaning to ask about. To speed up the shots, it says to hold Start + "A". Well, Start for player one is "1" on my keyboard, and "A" is the left "Ctrl". I've held down "1", and tapped the hell out of "Ctrl", but I saw no change in the shot frequency. Am I doing something wrong, or does the Nippon ver B game not support this little trick?
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Japanese Revision B only.
unban shw
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Isn't that the version I have? It says something about being for use in Nippon on the copyright screen, and Nippon is in Japan, yes?
ED-057

Post by ED-057 »

ED-057 - Team Old Schoolers - 2,302,060 - Stage 5 - Maria (A) - (MAME)

@The Coop - hold '1' and press the fire button on your pad/stick and the number at the top left of the screen should change (along with firing rate)
coffeejoerx

Post by coffeejoerx »

coffeejoerx - Team Old Schoolers - 3,897,590 - Stage 6 - Strawman (A)

Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

The Coop wrote:Isn't that the version I have? It says something about being for use in Nippon on the copyright screen, and Nippon is in Japan, yes?
Bind two keys to 1P Start and A and 1P Start and C, respectively. Fire rate modifiers!

PS i have a hard time reading posts by golly Image
Last edited by Twiddle on Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
unban shw
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Got it working. Don't know how much it'll help or hinder, but we'll find out tomorrow. Thanks for the assist.
zinger

Post by zinger »

Twiddle wrote:
The Coop wrote:Isn't that the version I have? It says something about being for use in Nippon on the copyright screen, and Nippon is in Japan, yes?
Bind two keys to 1P Start and A and 1P Start and C, respectively. Fire rate modifiers!

Hrm, I don't get it it, I've mapped the buttons as you said and keep presing them in-game. The normally blue enemy lasers, turned green, I didn't notice any other difference. What's up? :roll:
SOUNDSHOCK
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

zinger wrote:
Twiddle wrote:

Hrm, I don't get it it, I've mapped the buttons as you said and keep presing them in-game. The normally blue enemy lasers, turned green, I didn't notice any other difference. What's up? :roll:
you kind of have to not move

if you have read on the sheep's site doing those commands while pushing the joystick does other things
unban shw
Sword

Post by Sword »

Sword - Team Stranger - 2.734.830 - Stage 5 - Strawman (A)
zinger

Post by zinger »

Thanks Twiddle!
SOUNDSHOCK
Gorecki

Post by Gorecki »

Phew, it's good to know that it was my fire-rate experiments that turned the bullets green... I thought it was my bloodshot eyes beginning to give up on me at 2am.
Xargon

Post by Xargon »

Xargon - Team Skandinavia - 1337320 - Stage 3 - ?

I_hate_this_game. I even broke one keyboard cos of this bullfuck. After this week I won't touch this game anymore. And yes, I don't have any kind of pad, so that's the reason why I won't win this competition...

Little better:

Xargon - Team Skandinavia - 1,428,150 - Stage 3 - Psychic team

Don't know the names. And I don't know this game well enough to choose the characters by myself.

But getting better all the time...
Last edited by Xargon on Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Rob wrote:
landshark wrote:but the homing ability of Strawman is tough to beat.
I think this is the worst thing about Strawman. Wide is more than enough... Homing can destroy an enemy just off screen and have a medal slip by unnoticed... Or hit things you don't want to destroy, like when picking apart a boss. But the speed and bomb are good.
Ultimately you start learning what enemies are going to drop medals and you know where to be at the right time. I'm pretty good up until stage 6 - though I still tend to lose an off-screen medal here (because of the reason you listed) and then yell a string of profanities at the screen).

However, I was speaking for just learning the game. Strawman does seem to be the easiest for survival.
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

landshark wrote:Ultimately you start learning what enemies are going to drop medals and you know where to be at the right time. I'm pretty good up until stage 6 - though I still tend to lose an off-screen medal here (because of the reason you listed) and then yell a string of profanities at the screen).
Well, luckily for everyone, there is an item drop order, just like Garegga and Ibara. I can't be bothered to list it all, but the most important point is that Medals always follow after small Shot powerups. Items are released for every five flying enemies destroyed.
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

Herr Schatten - Team Old Schoolers - 3,010,400 - Stage 5 - Strawman (A) (MAME)

Just a minor improvement, but the run could have ended up pretty well, had I not screwed it up at the very start of stage 5. I arrived there with two lives in stock. I thought I was being very clever when I suicided by crashing into the first enemy. Reveling in the Raizing spirit I awaited the extend, only to see it appearing in the middle of a bullet spread. It was simply unreachable. Instead of just playing on, though, I stupidly decided to grab it anyway and lost my last life in the attempt.

Btw, I hate those small blue needle bullets that seem to be invisible, although in fact they aren't.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Icarus wrote: Well, luckily for everyone, there is an item drop order, just like Garegga and Ibara. I can't be bothered to list it all, but the most important point is that Medals always follow after small Shot powerups. Items are released for every five flying enemies destroyed.
Interesting, I didn't know that. I guess this just means that I always take the exact same path and shoot the same enemies because they always appear in the same spot =)

I have a feeling I'm not going to beat my first score. I just can't seem to get 5 million by stage 6 w/strawman(a) consistently (and DEFINITELY not by stage 5). I'm guessing I need to drop more bombs in the right spot to rack up some points.

Using the A/B/C combo of all the groups to get the bosses seems to be a good way to get 5 million by stage 5, but it's so damned hard (and I have to waste 2 or 3 bombs on the first ninja).

Though I'm happy I finally figured out how to dodge the super-fast-spread shot of the 2nd turret midboss of stage 6 after you destroy all the miniturrets.
DEL

One day...

Post by DEL »

DEL - 8,375,120 - ST7 - Strawman (A) - PCB

Made two stupid mistakes on Discharge :evil:

The Strawman spread made me lose my medal chain at the end of stage 4. Upon destruction of the Boss, all I heard was "NOOO!" I didn't even get a chance to see the medal :shock: , it was off screen.
Built and held the chain throughout ST6, then lost it just before Grubby :roll:
Icarus

Re: One day...

Post by Icarus »

DEL wrote:DEL - 8,375,120 - ST7 - Strawman (A) - PCB
Made two stupid mistakes on Discharge :evil:
Niiiiiiiiice. Discharge is indeed a pain.
You almost have that ALL, go for it! ^_-
landshark wrote:Interesting, I didn't know that. I guess this just means that I always take the exact same path and shoot the same enemies because they always appear in the same spot =)
If only it were that easy. ^_-

Just watching out for small Shot powerups is enough, you don't need to count enemies and follow a strict route. There is quite a lot that can alter that route anyway, like milking Boredom and Bazzcok.
landshark wrote:Using the A/B/C combo of all the groups to get the bosses seems to be a good way to get 5 million by stage 5, but it's so damned hard (and I have to waste 2 or 3 bombs on the first ninja).
You don't need a team to hit 5mil by the end of stage5. ^_-
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

Herr Schatten wrote:Herr Schatten - Team Old Schoolers - 3,010,400 - Stage 5 - Strawman (A) (MAME)

Just a minor improvement, but the run could have ended up pretty well, had I not screwed it up at the very start of stage 5. I arrived there with two lives in stock. I thought I was being very clever when I suicided by crashing into the first enemy. Reveling in the Raizing spirit I awaited the extend, only to see it appearing in the middle of a bullet spread. It was simply unreachable. Instead of just playing on, though, I stupidly decided to grab it anyway and lost my last life in the attempt.

Btw, I hate those small blue needle bullets that seem to be invisible, although in fact they aren't.
Maybe you should have bombed. :) if a max medal or extend shows up in the middle of a bullet spread, I bomb, no doubts about it.

Funny, I always thought about suicide to be "anti-naturall", but playing yesterday I thought about suiciding in a very natural way.. heh, I was close to get an extend, and needed a bomb to reveal secret medals, but I had no bomb. So I killed myself, got the extend and got the secret medals.

My first shmup suicide ever!!! Yay!