STGT 2k6- Week #2 Armed Police Batrider

DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

DJ Incompetent - Drink & Fly - 24,000 - 1 - Strawman

Wha'ts a Batrider? Why does violent city look like Detroit? Why ixs eveything shooting at me.? Falling medalls overlayed ontop gunfire.. Bah

I need asprin and a nap. Shelving the b.bong, stat.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

2,532,740 - Team Canada - Psychic Team - Stage 5
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Thanks for the notice Edge. Best score for the week.

Sparky - California Dudez - 3,870,040 - 5 - Wild Snail (A) - MAME

:x
"Make-up! Jewels! Dresses! I want it all! Sigh... And some new accessories would be nice..."
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

landshark wrote:Interesting. When I get to him, I must have the rank cranked because there are alot more projectiles flying around and they are quite fast (especially the blue lasers).

Wonder why he didn't do the mass laser jitter spread to you. Is that rank dependent too? He always does that after he spits out the little turret that sprays in a circle from the bottom.
There is plenty projectiles flying around when I'm fighting Grubby, however I up my shot frequency and power to compensate, which helps in destroying arms before they get a chance to fire.

As for the mass laser thing after the turret, its not rank-dependent, but damage-dependent. If you do enough damage to Grubby before it is due to happen, then Grubby skips the laser wave and goes straight into the turret arms instead. Usually I stay above Grubby when the central turret appears, which makes it easier to dodge.
professor ganson wrote:Icarus, what does the 'B' in your score mean? And how does APB compare to other Raizing games quality-wise, iyo? I suppose the probability of a console release at this point is near zero. :(
In the Garegga-styled Raizing games (Garegga, Batrider and Ibara), letter scores are used in place of numbers after 9. A is 10mil, B is 11mil, C is 12mil and so on. LAOS, who owns the world record for Batrider's Advanced Course, has 29mil, which is a T,xxx,xxx score. Quite impressive.

And my opinions on Batrider? I like it, although it still ranks third on my list of favourite Raizing games overall (Garegga at the top, Soukyugurentai in second). Its well made, a lot shorter and faster paced compared to Garegga, and lots of nice secrets and tricks to learn. Its a game that'll last anyone a good long while, so much depth to it.

And yes, there is not much likelihood of a console release unless 8ing decide to put out a Raizing Collection on PS2 (one can only hope). You can pick up the PCB for cheap though, I just bought a Japanese one off YAJ for £50.
Last edited by Icarus on Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Icarus wrote:As for the mass laser thing after the turret, its not rank-dependent, but damage-dependent. If you do enough damage to Grubby before it is due to happen, then Grubby skips the laser wave and goes straight into the turret arms instead. Usually I stay above Grubby when the central turret appears, which makes it easier to dodge.
Rank affects enemy HP, and anyone with a rank value of less than 10 milllion by Grubby is pretty screwed unless they're using Carpet (who's the Gain of this game) because that's where rank-based enemy HP becomes exponential.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Icarus wrote:In the Garegga-styled Raizing games (Garegga, Batrider and Ibara), letter scores are used in place of numbers after 9. A is 10mil, B is 11mil, C is 12mil and so on. LAOS, who owns the world record for Batrider's Advanced Course, has 29mil, which is a T,xxx,xxx score.
Which begs for an answer to the (hypothetical) question:

What if you WOULD reach 36mil+?

Symbols?
Or does this mean Z,999,999 would be the max theorethically reachable?
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Twiddle wrote:Rank affects enemy HP, and anyone with a rank value of less than 10 milllion by Grubby is pretty screwed unless they're using Carpet (who's the Gain of this game) because that's where rank-based enemy HP becomes exponential.
I've had credits where the rank is pretty much cranked up and it still seems more damage-dependent. Dunno. ^_-
Super Laydock wrote:Which begs for an answer to the (hypothetical) question:
What if you WOULD reach 36mil+?
Symbols?
Or does this mean Z,999,999 would be the max theorethically reachable?
If its possible to counter stop, then a Z,999,990 score would be displayed.

Although as I understand it, before Garegga's Saturn revision, some symbols were used as score markers on the high score table.

At the bottom:
http://vgmaterials.com/handbook/basis/score.htm
Rob

Post by Rob »

Landshark, why does your score say level 8? I'm confused, how many stages are there? I practiced through a few times and it ended after 7.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Rob wrote:Landshark, why does your score say level 8? I'm confused, how many stages are there? I practiced through a few times and it ended after 7.
When playing as a team, some extra bosses count as an extra stage - Bashinet2 and BashinetR being two of them. I think a complete team run through Advanced gives you an ALL10, as opposed to an ALL7 with a Batrider based team.
DC906270

Post by DC906270 »

oh poo, not had time to play this one much..

i got a score of 1,55x,xxx on my first day of play. dont know the exact score as the game doesnt save in MAME.

will this do? as we have no other Underdogs representation on the scoreboard as yet :?

i think i got to stage 3, and was using Psychic Team, playing Nippon Version B
Galdur

Post by Galdur »

Ah I guess this is a tentative score, though it may be final depending on how much more time I'll be able to get in with the game.

Galdur - Team Canada - 3,872,750 - Stage 5 - Strawman (A) - [MAME]

"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel."
thyseus

Post by thyseus »

thySEus - 1.404.880 - Stage 3 - Team Germany - Team Psychic - Mame
ill6

Post by ill6 »

I am going to have another go in a while but the best for me is this...

ill6 - Underdogs - 4'255'010 - 5 - Carpet (A) - (PCB KOR)
Tvspelsfreak.

Post by Tvspelsfreak. »

Tvspelsfreak - Team Sweden - 7,698,580 - Stage 7 - Carpet (A) - (FBA-XXX)
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

Amzing scores Icarus, nicely done. I have some work to do this weekend so I may not get too many more runs in. I'll work on it when I have a chance though...
"The art director is always listed as the art director in their games. The programmer is always listed as the programmer."
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

you should see my outbursts on irc

[1237.42] <Twiddle> LADIES
[1237.44] <Twiddle> GENTLEMEN
[1237.47] <Twiddle> MY NAME IS
[1237.49] * Twiddle is now known as BASHINET
[1237.56] <BASHINET> AND I AM A COLLOSSAL FUCKBUCKET
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
Leeram

Post by Leeram »

Hi everyone,

I've been on holiday this week so only had a few hours to play. I've just about got the hang of a decent level structure I can deal with and a decent choice of ship but I've simply run out of time. Hopefully I might be able to get the team a few points though. I'm quite pleased with this score considering the few hours I have had and I've started from scratch (well apart from a couple of credit feed games about a year ago!)

Leeram - Underdogs - 2607790 - 3 - Strawman C - PCB Japanese B

I prefered Balzing Star to this, which is something I would not have thought I would think at the beginning of the competition! I'm not impressed with this game any more, I much prefer Garegga .

Anyone in the UK want to buy a Japanese Batrider version B? msg me.

Cheers

Lee
xipe

Post by xipe »

I have hade next to no time to play this week.

Xipe - Team Sweden - 3,424,270 - Stage 5 - Strawman (B) - [PCB]

yea, i suck :/
bVork

Post by bVork »

Man, this game is tough :(

bVork - Team Canada - 3,278,580 - Stage 5 - Strawman (A) - MAME
bVork it up!
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

DJ Incompetent - Drink & Fly - 1,958,880 - 3 - Strawman

I feel like a million bucks now. A million, nine hundred fifty-eight thousand eight hundred eighty bucks to be exact. Time ta get my learn on.

Remind me not to read my own synopsi before I vote for somethin'. Goddamn...

Acid King is Kiken's stunt double this week? Nice score man. Damn. I'll try for that benchmark.
1up

Post by 1up »

1up - Team Skandinavia - 1,244,860 - Stage 3 - Shorty - MAME

http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl203926/score2.JPG
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

DJ Incompetent wrote:DJ Incompetent - Drink & Fly - 1,958,880 - 3 - Strawman

I feel like a million bucks now. A million, nine hundred fifty-eight thousand eight hundred eighty bucks to be exact. Time ta get my learn on.

Remind me not to read my own synopsi before I vote for somethin'. Goddamn...
Trust me when I say I would have been a premier candidate for D&F this week, not by score though.....

Shit in life upped the "d" for the fly though... ;)... :(
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Edge

Post by Edge »

Edge - Team Germany - 5'885'170 - 6 - Strawman (A) (MAME Jap rev. B)

YES!
I was afraid I couldn't reach 4 million in this week. Esspecially since on friday I played the whole day, had trouble reaching 3 million.

This will probably be my final score, though I'll give it some more tries... maybe I can top it. ;)
zinger

Post by zinger »

zinger - Team Sweden - 3,937,290 - Stage 5 - Maria (C) [MAME Plus! JPN B]

Too little time for gaming this week, and I'm too tired to keep on tonight. I was aiming for atleast 4.5m, but I kept screwing up (dropping medals and dying in stage 4, activating extra bosses for stage 5 etc). Oh well, I had a good time!
SOUNDSHOCK
sven666

Post by sven666 »

man, i was gonna practice all weekend on this, but a hangover coupled with my grandfather dying (!!! :shock: ) really cramped my motivation :?
anyways, cleared my head with some playing this evening, might give it a run or two more but im not sure if ill be able to beat this HS right now, sorry team :?

sven666 - Team Sweden - 5.447.030 - Stage 6 - Maria (C) PCB JAP-B

the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Edge

Post by Edge »

sven666 wrote:...coupled with my grandfather dying (!!! :shock: )
Sorry to hear this... :?

Though playing games or hanging out with friends is a good thing to forget your sorrow, at least for me it helped. :)
ill6

Post by ill6 »

ill6 - Team Sweden - 4,373,130 - Stage 5 - Carpet (A) PCB KOR

Small improvement 10 mins to improve a bit more!
DEL

1 last game

Post by DEL »

DEL - 8,614,950 - ST7 - Strawman (A) - Korean PCB

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather sven :oops:
Cannibal

Post by Cannibal »

A little improve...

Cannibal - Team Bargiggia - 2.617.980 - stage 4 - Carpet (start) - MAME

Edge

Post by Edge »

I'd like to remember everyone that you can win a prize in this week.

Super Laydock's Drawing Special

If you place a certain position in the end of the week you'll win a game.
The position will be the luckly number which got drawn on random. So if you have some luck you can win...

This week you can win: Thunderforce IV (Mega Drive / Jap. / complete!)

See this thread for more infos and other prizes in this competition: STGT 2k6 Prizes

Good luck everyone. :)

Thanks again to Super Laydock for this prize, as well as every other member offering prizes.