STGT 2k6- Week #2 Armed Police Batrider

Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Twiddle wrote:Breaking the score counter would be getting over 35,999,990 points which is Z999990.
LAOS has come close enough to a full-on counter stop, 29mil if I remember correctly.
I can't even fathom where 29mil comes from in this game.
I can sort-of work out 20mil, but that leaves 9mil up in the air. -_-;;

@Landshark:
Grats, nice team score. Teamplay is very difficult in Batrider especially on Advanced, due to having to balance rank control and juggle the team at the same time to access all bosses. Black Heart2 and Glow Squid are worth quite a lot in points if you can milk them effectively.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

For what it's worth, I've no-damage milked 400k from Bashinet I using Carpet before he got bored and killed me with his timeout pattern.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
howmuchkeefe

Post by howmuchkeefe »

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6426/batr0004ht2.jpg

howmuchkeefe - Team Old Schoolers - 2,089,830 - 4 - ???

:cry:

It took me over three hours to break my old score.
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Icarus wrote: I can't even fathom where 29mil comes from in this game.
I can sort-of work out 20mil, but that leaves 9mil up in the air. -_-;;
I guess if we will ever see a top-player replay that results in such a score, some jaws will drop, including mine. Seing people surviving in shmups is one thing, seing some totally new strategies revealed is another.
THE BULLETS ARE NOW DIAMONDS!
Rob

Post by Rob »

Rob - Feka USA - 7'768'280 - 6 - Strawman(A)

Dropped my extend on accident (it was dropping on top of a bullet), nearly beat the boss. :cry: :cry:

I'm not mad, though. You lose, Raizing.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Nice score Rob!

Just a question: is this just a temporary phase, or are you starting to become a Raizing fan? ^_-

(Personal memo: just ended an Advanced run with 10.06mil at the first form of Discharge. Perfect medalling up to and past Grubby, and no missed Grubby, ended stage6 with 8.6mil. However, dropped medals twice in stage7, and got swept by the lasers on the first form of Discharge. Could have had a B score if I had played the stage properly. -_- Must stop blanking out at key moments. -_-)

Image Image
Rob

Post by Rob »

Icarus wrote: Just a question: is this just a temporary phase, or are you starting to become a Raizing fan? ^_-
I hope so, APB for one is great (announcer voice, please). Definitely buying Ibara and probably will give Garegga another look. Never played that one much (maybe an hour or two in MAME).
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Rob wrote:I hope so, APB for one is great (announcer voice, please). Definitely buying Ibara and probably will give Garegga another look. Never played that one much (maybe an hour or two in MAME).
I think you should go for the ALL on Advanced first, you're definitely capable if you can hit up Grubby with 7.7mil in the bank. Most of stage7 is cake if you are alert to dangers and Discharge is probably the easiest of all Raizing end bosses (hardest being Gigaface at the end of Great Mahou, dear God I hate those timewarp bullet patterns).

Ibara is great fun but can be immensely frustrating in places (and this is coming from one of its biggest advocates); and Garegga is a longer, more epic, and more involved game. Brave Blade (if you can emulate it, advised you use Zinc) is another easy to get into Raizing game.

Back to playing for me. I'm going to conquer this game yet! >.<

I hope there's a flurry of activity tomorrow. Doesn't seem to be many playing, and some teams don't even have an entry.
Last edited by Icarus on Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Rob wrote:
Icarus wrote: Just a question: is this just a temporary phase, or are you starting to become a Raizing fan? ^_-
I hope so, APB for one is great (announcer voice, please). Definitely buying Ibara and probably will give Garegga another look. Never played that one much (maybe an hour or two in MAME).
Who does the announcer voices for Ibara? I know Yagawa did Garegga's and Manabu Namiki did Batrider's.
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Twiddle wrote:Who does the announcer voices for Ibara? I know Yagawa did Garegga's and Manabu Namiki did Batrider's.
Dunno. I know that the two main programmers did the character voices for Bond and Dyne, and they drafted in some seiyuu for the Rose sisters and Teresa, not sure who did the main announcer.

His voice rocks though. Best weapon collection announcements in a game yet.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Rob wrote:I hope so, APB for one is great (announcer voice, please). Definitely buying Ibara and probably will give Garegga another look. Never played that one much (maybe an hour or two in MAME).
Garegga is great, give it another go. Glad to see you're buying Ibara, I think you'll like it. Make sure you play it in Tate though, it's near unplayable in the Yoko mode.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Icarus wrote: @Landshark:
Grats, nice team score. Teamplay is very difficult in Batrider especially on Advanced, due to having to balance rank control and juggle the team at the same time to access all bosses. Black Heart2 and Glow Squid are worth quite a lot in points if you can milk them effectively.
Thanks. You said you recorded one of your letter-score replays right? I can't wait til you post the INP. I can't figure out how you are getting those scores with all-strawman teams. I have a hard time leaching bosses with him, and I get alot of my points from the extra bosses (though I do drop alot of medals).
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

landshark wrote:Thanks. You said you recorded one of your letter-score replays right? I can't wait til you post the INP. I can't figure out how you are getting those scores with all-strawman teams. I have a hard time leaching bosses with him, and I get alot of my points from the extra bosses (though I do drop alot of medals).
Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), my replays for Batrider are not input-based, but direct feed captures using a VGA-to-Composite signal convertor to route my computer's video signal back to the capture card. This way I can record full runs live at low-rank settings.

Because of that, I do have quite a lot of good footage of my stage plays recorded. I'm contemplating hacking up the footage into stage replays and upping them somewhere, either ikaruga.co.uk (hi quality) or YouTube (average quality).

As for my scoring, I'm just Medalling as best as I can, and hitting bomb targets where appropriate. Minimal milking in places other than Bazzcok and Grubby. I definitely work in a Special Bomb Extend somewhere in stage6 just to give me the extra boost. I think finally learning to no-miss Grubby has helped in scoring some.

And the replays: the AVI of the ALL will be released on Monday. Either that, or you can have the AVI of this run...

ADVANCED COURSE
Icarus - namakoteam - B,167,820 - Stage 7 - Strawman (A) - [WolfMAME - JPN Ver. B]

Image Image

Fought all three Rivals and somehow survived. Perfect Medalling all the way to the last drone hatch of stage7 (before the large green ships). Dropped one Medal there blindly, otherwise might have Extended on the rockfall before the first form of Discharge. Not only that, but the worst combination of attacks ever for Discharge's second form - large bullet fanwaves and homing lasers. ;_;

This game is determined to not give me a B score ALL. If I had actually Medalled perfectly and ALLed the game, the 500k bonus off killing Discharge might have given me a C score. ;_;

I think I'll go to sleep. Try again in the evening.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Icarus wrote: And the replays: the AVI of the ALL will be released on Monday. Either that, or you can have the AVI of this run...
Hope you will release the wolfmame INPs as well.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Dave_K. wrote:Hope you will release the wolfmame INPs as well.
As stated, got no WolfINPs. ^_-
All direct-feed AVIs, recorded as I was playing. ^_-
Gomen nasai. m(_ _)m
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

The score goes Hexadecimal? Fun stuff!

I've played this less than Blazing Star as I had less free time this week. My runs can have one of these 2 descriptions:

1) I play mindless, reach level 4 and die, without breaking my current scores
2) I play for score, get 1 mil in level 1 and then screw up because the game gets mad with me, without breaking my current score.

Not to mention the countless times I just restarted the game. I have a save-state right before choosing my ships, so I can do it faster :)

I doubt I will have any free time tomorrow, so I guess this is it for me :)
landshark

Post by landshark »

Icarus wrote: Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), my replays for Batrider are not input-based, but direct feed captures using a VGA-to-Composite signal convertor to route my computer's video signal back to the capture card. This way I can record full runs live at low-rank settings.
INP, AVI, doesn't matter to me. I just like watching replays. I'm not sure how you milk Grubby. I know his arms are worth 10k a piece, but he's damned deadly.

How consistent are you with your runs? Do you reset alot?
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

landshark wrote:How consistent are you with your runs? Do you reset alot?
I'm fairly consistent with my runs, only restarting if I really screw up early, or drop Medals before stage5, and even then I keep going, to study the stages and bosses. I usually have a very strict strategy which I follow, and my scores are pretty even throughout all runs. For reference (totals at stage end listed):

Stage 1: 1.1mil (record 1.25mil)
Stage 2: between 1.55 and 1.7mil (depending on if I can be bothered to milk Boredom)
Stage 3: 2.8 to 2.95mil
Stage 4: 4.2 to 4.45mil
Stage 5: 5.0 to 5.9mil (dependent on number of Rivals, I normally aim for Blunt and Sobut)
Stage 6: previously averaged around 7.5mil, now over 8mil (record 9.1mil, 3mil+ pointgain from stage)
Stage 7: if I can get to it, letter score assured, ALL Clear dependent on playing focus, which I lack tonight.

I've had about four credits tonight, first two are screwups, last two I've documented in posts above.

EDIT: Grubby vid removed temporarily. One sec.

As for the strategy, the trick to milking the arms is make small movements towards the side of the screen. As soon as you get quite close, dash to lure the lasers etc to fire to the sides, and quickly cut back to the bottom of the screen, then tap towards to the other side. You get used to the movements after practice.
Marcodlb

Post by Marcodlb »

Marcodlb - Team Bargiggia - 1'233'630 - Strawman - 3 - MAME

:( very low score....i didn't have so much time to play........
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Dave_K. wrote:
Icarus wrote: And the replays: the AVI of the ALL will be released on Monday. Either that, or you can have the AVI of this run...
Hope you will release the wolfmame INPs as well.
Unless you like a wait time of about an hour before the game actually starts, you can't get a WolfMAME inp.

Ask Shinobu Yagawa why.
unban shw
gionmatsuli

Post by gionmatsuli »

Up;

Gion - Team Stranger - 7 245 820 - 6 - Strawman(A) - Mame
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Grubby, No Miss Kill replay now up.
http://ikaruga.co.uk/files/fw/st_batrid ... NM_icr.avi
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Icarus, what does the 'B' in your score mean? And how does APB compare to other Raizing games quality-wise, iyo? I suppose the probability of a console release at this point is near zero. :( Btw, I'll be wearing my Raizing shirt today, since I can't think of any other way to participate.
Edge

Post by Edge »

Updated the scores now, sorry for the delay was busy the last days.

The following Teams have not 3 players on this scoreboard yet:

-Drink & Fly (1 Player needed)
-California Dudez (1 Player needed)
-Underdogs (2 Players needed)
-Team Canada (3 Players needed)-

So if you are a member of any of these teams, please contribute a score or tell your teammates to do so. Otherwise your team will lose on points!

Now I'll go and try my best to keep up with your highscores in the remaining time. ;)
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

professor ganson wrote:Icarus, what does the 'B' in your score mean? And how does APB compare to other Raizing games quality-wise, iyo? I suppose the probability of a console release at this point is near zero. :( Btw, I'll be wearing my Raizing shirt today, since I can't think of any other way to participate.
Raizing scores hit A, B, C million etc instead of 10, ,11, 12 mil.

A "B" score is 11million.
Last edited by freddiebamboo on Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elbarto

Post by elbarto »

elbarto - namakoteam - 3,775,190 - st5 - Strawman (A) - MAME Jpn.B

Only got to play for two days, been confined to bed ill since Wednesday :(
"I LIKE SHOTS BULLITS AT BAD MAN"
Dexstell

Post by Dexstell »

team BargiggiaImage
CIT

Post by CIT »

CIT - 2,753,800 - 5 - Strawman (A) - MAME
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Super Laydock - Team Stranger -2,393,350 - stage 4 - Strawman (A)

Not sure I'll play this anymore...
On one hand I think it's awesome, with all the secrets to be found, the kick ass music and superb graphics and all. On the otherhand it's frustrating as hell, with the medalling system meaning you'll have to get that medal with the bullet overlapping it as well to continue the chain. :x)

Let's just say that I can see why some people adore this, but I couldn't get much out of it in 1 week. :(
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
landshark

Post by landshark »

Icarus wrote:Grubby, No Miss Kill replay now up.
http://ikaruga.co.uk/files/fw/st_batrid ... NM_icr.avi
Interesting. When I get to him, I must have the rank cranked because there are alot more projectiles flying around and they are quite fast (especially the blue lasers).

Wonder why he didn't do the mass laser jitter spread to you. Is that rank dependent too? He always does that after he spits out the little turret that sprays in a circle from the bottom.