STGT 2k6- Week #2 Armed Police Batrider

Belmont

Post by Belmont »

2,459,230 - Belmont - Stage 4 - Strawman (A) - [Mame32PLUS!]

Took me forever to get this game down....basically just learned to score the first million on the first stage then survive after that haha. Not my style of game but a good pick for sure. Best i can do...im done with this one :)
Rob

Post by Rob »

landshark wrote:Almost had a stroke when my cat climbed in the cabinet and started playing with the keyboard.
My favorite is when MAME minimizes mid-game.

p.s. If I've been liking this should I buy Ibara? I haven't been even mildly interested until now.
Vincere

Post by Vincere »

Can't play the game properly so I stopped.

2 924 180 - Vincere - stage 5 - Wild Snail - MAME

Edit: Just noticed the medal chaining system is broken. urgh.
Last edited by Vincere on Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

I love it when people scream in pain and anguish from a Raizing game, then several days later they come back for more. The ultimate in compulsive masochism.

@Rob:
Ibara is the more sadistic cousin of Garegga and Batrider. It is a good game, but it is very frustrating in many cases. Try it.
Vincere

Post by Vincere »

Icarus wrote:I love it when people scream in pain and anguish from a Raizing game, then several days later they come back for more. The ultimate in compulsive masochism.

@Rob:
Ibara is the more sadistic cousin of Garegga and Batrider. It is a good game, but it is very frustrating in many cases. Try it.
I'm frustrated by APB indeed. I can't stop playing BG but this one is far from catching my attention. It will remain in the abyss of my hard drive as it always was before the contest.

Ibara is over-frustrating, hate it personnally.
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

PlasmaBlooD Team Germany 4'479'720 6 Strawman (A) (PCB Korea)

GooD Run for me but this was the last Run.I hate raizing more and more.
Tychom

Post by Tychom »

Tychom - Team Stranger - 3,776,920 - 5 - Strawman (B)
Japanese game name database (lottsa shmups!!!)
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

Skyline - California Dudez - 3,290,060 - 5 - Carpet (A) - MAME

This is the best I've ever done in a Raizing game.

Sad, isn't it. :P
zakk

Post by zakk »

Edge, reminder post! Looks like you forgot to update my score (you updated people that posted after me)

Zakk - Team Cowboy - 5,082,690 - Stage 6 - Strawman(A) (PCB JPN REV B)
namagomi

Post by namagomi »

namagomi 1.567.740 stage 3 strawman (C) mame

again, not much time to play and improve which is a pity cause it's fun. hoped for 2.000.000 but well, maybe next game I'll manage a better result.
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Okay, so finally I can contribute to Team Germany with a Batrider score.

FrederikJurk - Team Germany - 3,590,690 - 4 - Maria (C) (Mame)

Some comments: When Edge pm'ed me about the Raizing week I was in the middle of moving (I still have a lot to do here) and haven`t played Batrider for some weeks; and the first runs were so terrible I thought about never playing Batrider again. When you`re out of shape this game gets REALLY frustrating. Bad starts in level 1, losing medal chains, getting killed by Boredom over and over again... well after a few days it got better and this morning I moved from 3,147,100 to 3,436,200 to my latest score of 3,590,690. Playing a game a few times a day gets me in much better shape than playing it 20 times in a row :shock:

I prefered Maria over Miyamoto this time, mainly because I am not consistent at the Mahou bosses, and Marias bomb lasts a lot longer. I suicided at the level 1 boss to have an extra bomb, which I used to get past the green and yellow ship in the Sky stage without cutting off my medal chain. Clean run through the Airport. BARELY missed the lasers in Sewer. I never got past Deviate so far but this might be the next goal.
THE BULLETS ARE NOW DIAMONDS!
Sword

Post by Sword »

A tiny improvement on my part. Didn't get the 3M extend, because there were no baddies to kill :evil: Died fighting Blunt.
Sword - Team Stranger - 3.068.180 - 5 - Strawman(A) (Mame)

I like the game quite a lot, but i seem unable to really improve my score. Pretty frustrating.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Posting this now, might not have time to improve it over the weekend due to other things going on.

ADVANCED COURSE
Icarus - namakoteam - A,875,240 - ALL - Strawman (A) - [WolfMAME - JPN Ver. B]

Image Image

Dropped Medals once throughout the whole run, halfway through the Highway, and regained halfway into stage6, maybe lost 600k as a result. Fought just Blunt thankfully. Bomb-happy against Grubby, almost lost an Extend at the start of stage7 under the overhanging scenery at the start, and had to wing the battle against Discharge with my last life.

My team will post their scores tomorrow night. I might have an updated score to add, depending. I can certainly hit a B score if I medal the game perfectly, I've had 7.2mil by the second turret wall in stage6, so at least 8mil by Grubby can be gained.

First letter score ALL for the forum, too.

This score is replay verified, and will be released at the end of the playing week.

Your move, Cigs.

EDIT: Forgot to add format again.
Last edited by Icarus on Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frederik

Post by Frederik »

Yey. I am seing forward to your replay! :shock:
THE BULLETS ARE NOW DIAMONDS!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

FrederikJurk wrote:Yey. I am seing forward to your replay! :shock:
Monday afternoon at the latest it'll be made available. Who knows? I might have an updated score by then. ^_-
Rob wrote:My favorite is when MAME minimizes mid-game.
I've been killed on good credits when my computer decides to scan for something in the middle of a video capture. Forced frameskipping from computer activity is the most annoying thing ever.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Survival-wise, Batrider is the easiest of the four Yagawa games, but hell if I didn't try to tear my hair out if I tried to score well in it. The only real rank modifier in Batrider is your extends (excess Options and Shots have about 3/8 to 1/2 of an effect as they did in Garegga, as well as all medals having the same low rank value) whereas in Garegga you HAVE to avoid excess items whenever possible, and keep your chain up or face explicit and implicit rank penalties.

However, medal chaining in Garegga is incredibly easy up until the 6th stage.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
Rob

Post by Rob »

Icarus wrote:I love it when people scream in pain and anguish from a Raizing game, then several days later they come back for more. The ultimate in compulsive masochism.
I thought this would be the most annoying week for me, but it's been really fun compared to Blazing Star. That game was overly long and had its scoring issue. This one is action from the start and it's been fun learning it. Will replace Dimahoo as token Raizing in next year's top 25. :wink:
DarkWolf7

Post by DarkWolf7 »

DarkWolf7 - Feka USA - 3'943'420 - 5 - Shorty (A) - MAME
landshark

Post by landshark »

Rob wrote:
landshark wrote:Almost had a stroke when my cat climbed in the cabinet and started playing with the keyboard.
My favorite is when MAME minimizes mid-game.

p.s. If I've been liking this should I buy Ibara? I haven't been even mildly interested until now.
When my cat jumped in the cabinet I was leaching the hell out of the boss that starts with the blue tail wagging back and forth (Sewer?). I had destroyed one side after leaching and was moving to the other.

Then all of a sudden my ship started moving up rigiht down right up right... I thought I discovered a new attack by the boss, gravity. Then I realized what it was after crashing.

I'm not a big fan of Ibara.
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Acid King - Drink & Fly - 5,090,280 - Strawman (A) - Shorty (B) - Flying Baron (A) - MAME - Jap. Version B.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

Icarus what the hell!? you broke out score counter :P good work
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Kaiser wrote:Icarus what the hell!? you broke out score counter :P good work
Breaking the score counter would be getting over 35,999,990 points which is Z999990.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Rob wrote: p.s. If I've been liking this should I buy Ibara? I haven't been even mildly interested until now.
Yes. Ibara is better IMO. I'd play APB more if it could actually run properly on my Xbox emus. But since it's choppy jerk city on there, I won't be playing it.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Ok, *now* this game can go fuck itself. Spent all morning playing and finally got 1 run in where I was able to pull almost all the secret bosses.

- Finally broke 1 million on stage 1. Never did that before.
- Drew GobRob, destroyed everything on him except those middle cannons (can you destroy those?).
- Drew Blackheart (not sure why he doesn't always show).
- Leached the shit out of Bazcok (the blue tailed one??), purposely missing the 1st extend so I had silversword and could open up 1 wing at a time.
- Did minor leaching on boredom after 1 side opened up and started shooting out planes while I had max medals. As soon as the arms pop out, I try to kill him because I can't dodge all the crap.
-Killed bashi.
- Unwillingly leached like mad on BashiMk2 with max medals.

By the end of stage 6(5), had this:

I've *NEVER* had a score like this by the end of stage 6(5). And I had dropped the medal chain too. I never recovered from stage 6(5) on.

- Drew blackhear mk2 and had 7.3 or 7.4 million going into stage 8 (stage 6). I never saw an extend drop for 7.5 million, got slaughtered in stage 8(6).

Just 400k more for the extend and I don't even know why I died.

Now I'm done. Too frustrated.

Landshark - Super Buffet S.T. - 8,583,660 - 8 - Silver(C) Straw(A) Born(B)

I had alot more fun playing this game than Blazing Star. I guess it helped that I've played alot of this and had never played Blazing Star. Though I got alot more frustrated playing this. Done. Really done this time. I think I'm gonna just play boss mode and see if I can practice some more leaching.
Last edited by landshark on Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

>applause<
now tighter than your sister
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

Wow! great score landshark! the game just seems to go mad when you have a good score, it is annoying me lots :(
The Unknown? I'm the one who knows!
My shmup achievements | and my Superplays!
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Acid King - Drink & Fly - 5,607,360 - St. 6 - Strawman (A) - Shorty (B) - Flying Baron (B)

Congrats on the sweet score, Landshark... you bastard.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
landshark

Post by landshark »

Smraedis wrote:Wow! great score landshark! the game just seems to go mad when you have a good score, it is annoying me lots :(
I have about 1 good game in every 30-40 games (lots and lots and lots of restarts). I can't imagine playing this in the arcade because it costs money to restart there.

I'm still trying to figure out why some of my games score high and others do not. I usually end up with around 5-5.5 million by the end of stage 5. I'm guessing it's all about the boss milking and having max medals while doing it (bazzcock, blackheart, blackheart mk2, and bashi2 are AWESOME for this).

The boss that looks like a mini-Grubby (and is a ton easier) gives you alot of points if right before it dies, you bomb it and knock out all 6 turrets. I still can't remember the names of the bosses or which stages they appear (my list of bosses I went through for previous post are probably out of order).

Some characters seem to be inherently better at milking certain bosses than other. Silversword is great for Bazzcok. Bornman is great for BashiMk2. Both bornman and silversword are great for either of the Blackhearts.

Eitherway, I expect I'll see an ALL lettered score by DEL before the end of this week. =) Maybe even by Cigs.
DEL

Mister Landshark

Post by DEL »

Well Done Landshark! :D

You played it The MANLY Way too, with a full A B C team of different characters - Excellent!!

I'll have to disappoint you though, the Mrs arrived yesterday so I doubt I'll get any more runs in. Thursday was my last day of play.
Neverland

Post by Neverland »

Neverland - 2,980,xxx - Stage 5 - carpet (start) - pcb

:?