DoDonPachi

zlk

Post by zlk »

I have seen 2 real 700M+ runs by NAI and the 753M aichi-ken replay in question. In both of NAI's runs, he is extremely precise and plays with a great deal of intelligence and planning. He controls the bullets and does it so well, he forces nice gaps in the bullet patterns for him to dodge through.

On the other hand, the aichi-ken replay makes no sense. He doesn't seem to control the bullets. He sees a huge glob of bullets coming at him and just goes right through the center of the storm while doing super-human dodging. Every other second he is doing something amazing. He certainly isn't playing smart and he doesn't have to. People have analyzed his inp with software and detected it used slowdown. There are also stories that the player re-recorded each level until it was perfect. It is possible to use save states in emulators and re-record replays.

Here is an even better DDP replay where the player admits to using slowdown and scores 759M:

http://park5.wakwak.com/~poo/
BR1

Post by BR1 »

Zhon wrote:Ignorance. Who's to say someone didn't make a custom build of mame that can include rerecordings? Given that it's open source.

Score from awhile ago:
Zhon - 39,625,990 - A-L - 1-ALL - 208 Hits
It's not that simple. To see MAME replays you have to use exactly the SAME MAME version and exactly the SAME sound options or it'll desync.
Probably someone is able to mod a MAME version and use savestates while recording. But you'll never be able to see the replay on your MAME ;)
In my opinion Aichi used slowdown, but it's still not proved.
Zhon wrote: Oh, and call me just a bit skeptical that someone out of nowhere did both loops of DDP without slowdown...
Some japanese players are able not "only" to get a DDP's ALL but also 700M+ points on the arcade...
Just watch the replay included with DDP-DOJ: +1,8G (and it's made on the arcade). It's just crazy. And it's NOT the world record. :shock:
Believe me: Jappo make possible the impossible... :lol:
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

I was enjoying this replay a lot, but now that I know it was possibly done by cheating I dont know that I'll ever watch it again.
Know thy enemy attack pattern.
BR1

Post by BR1 »

MovingTarget wrote:I was enjoying this replay a lot, but now that I know it was possibly done by cheating I dont know that I'll ever watch it again.
I've suspected he cheated since the first time I saw it.
But I continue to watch and enjoy the replay because it's absolutely amazing. Believe me: even with slowdown what he does is veeeeeeeeery difficult! :shock: :D :D
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

what, playing at 1% is hard?
BR1

Post by BR1 »

Smraedis wrote:what, playing at 1% is hard?

Even your ship goes 1% of its speed ;)

If you don't believe me just try to chain every single enemy in the whole game, collect all the bees and beat Hibachi completing a PERFECT PLAY with NO miss and NO Bomb at 1%. You'll see it isn't that simple! ;)
Of course dodging isn't absolutely hard as it seems at normal speed, but I assure you that 750M+ points in DDP is for the human-robots (even with slowdown)! :D
Zhon

Post by Zhon »

BR1 wrote:It's not that simple. To see MAME replays you have to use exactly the SAME MAME version and exactly the SAME sound options or it'll desync.
Probably someone is able to mod a MAME version and use savestates while recording. But you'll never be able to see the replay on your MAME.
You know, I'm tempted to put together a build that can spit out a replay that plays back fine on wolfmame, but it wouldn't be worth the time. You "win" the argument, if you like.
BR1 wrote:
Zhon wrote: Oh, and call me just a bit skeptical that someone out of nowhere did both loops of DDP without slowdown...
Some japanese players are able not "only" to get a DDP's ALL but also 700M+ points on the arcade...
You misunderstand. I wasn't implying that nobody on earth could do it, and yes I know about the skilled Japanese. I was implying something else entirely...
LaParka

Post by LaParka »

nothing to see here
Last edited by LaParka on Fri May 06, 2005 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

Would you mind making the scoreboard larger to allow for more scores?
Know thy enemy attack pattern.
BUHA

Post by BUHA »

UPDATE

37,376,580 - C-S - 1-6 - Max Hit 280
Last edited by BUHA on Sat May 21, 2005 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFO

Post by LFO »

my score:

32.124.730 / A-L / 1-6 /Max Hit 238

lfo
Less is more.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Just a question about bosses: When you finish them off, do you bomb them or continue lasering them?
BER

Post by BER »

gs68 wrote:Just a question about bosses: When you finish them off, do you bomb them or continue lasering them?
I never plan to bomb them when their life bars turn red. If I want to beat the Arcadia record, then I wouldn't bomb, or else, I'll lose my MAXIMUM bonus. After all, this bonus is worth plenty of more points than laser-bombing the boss. And if I want to only survive, then I wouldn't bomb either, or else, I'll waste a bomb. (It's not like I suddenly have trouble dodging bullet barrages when the boss's life bar turns red.)
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
BR1

Post by BR1 »

BER wrote:
gs68 wrote:Just a question about bosses: When you finish them off, do you bomb them or continue lasering them?
I never plan to bomb them when their life bars turn red. If I want to beat the Arcadia record, then I wouldn't bomb, or else, I'll lose my MAXIMUM bonus. After all, this bonus is worth plenty of more points than laser-bombing the boss. And if I want to only survive, then I wouldn't bomb either, or else, I'll waste a bomb. (It's not like I suddenly have trouble dodging bullet barrages when the boss's life bar turns red.)
Ehm... I mean: are you THAT Bernard Doria?

Is the guide yours? That's definitely the best DDP's guide I've ever found!

Are you really planning to beat the arcadia record? I mean that's just the PERFECT game of a PERFECT man! :D
He only missed one life against Hibachi but for the entire game he chained everything and collected every bee.
Beating SOF-WTN must be insanely hard, just one word: RESPECT! :shock: ;)
BER

Post by BER »

BR1 wrote:Ehm... I mean: are you THAT Bernard Doria?
Yes, I'm me. :)
BR1 wrote:Is the guide yours? That's definitely the best DDP's guide I've ever found!
Indeed, I wrote that guide. But I plan to create a new one once I secure a job and become comfortable with living overall.
BR1 wrote:Are you really planning to beat the arcadia record? I mean that's just the PERFECT game of a PERFECT man! :D
Yes, I'm planning to beat it. For now, I can't think of anything else that I'm better at doing.
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

Anyone seen or heard from ronz?

This could do with a wee update
BR1

Post by BR1 »

freddiebamboo wrote:Anyone seen or heard from ronz?

This could do with a wee update
I sent him a PM some day ago but received no answer.

I think he just doesn't log in anymore... :(
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

Zhon wrote:You misunderstand. I wasn't implying that nobody on earth could do it, and yes I know about the skilled Japanese. I was implying something else entirely...
Maybe this?
Morden wrote:Image
I'm not a bad boy, you know, but... I don't believe in this score. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. The max chain is too low, and beat the true last boss is a thing that a western player cannot do for the moment, I think.

It's only my opinion. If I'm in error i will apologize and be ultra-happy, but first of all you (Morden) must prove your skills with an INP.
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

LUNardei wrote:...and beat the true last boss is a thing that a western player cannot do for the moment, I think.
You may think that, but a western player has indeed done it (and I'm not talking about Morden either).
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

SiKrAiKeN wrote:
LUNardei wrote:...and beat the true last boss is a thing that a western player cannot do for the moment, I think.
You may think that, but a western player has indeed done it (and I'm not talking about Morden either).
I recognise your name from I think TNL boards or the old shmups forum

If I'm not mistaken, you have a rather tasty score :D
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

SiKrAiKeN wrote:
I'm only happy about this thing! Who is the guy? I believe in what I see, and I'm really happy when I see a western player so near the japs... Like Xer Xian in Ikaruga, for example!

About Morden's score I really think that the maximum hit is too low, don't you think? I repeat: I hope to be in error!
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

What is a normal chain for doing both loops?

The A-shot scores are what I find odd

That ship is basically a poor mans A-laser, although if you're that good then maybe you seek a challenge with a harder ship.
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

LUNardei wrote: so near the japs...
Sorry to be mod like, but in the US that is an offensive term to use to describe the Japanese.
LUNardei

Post by LUNardei »

IlMrm wrote:
LUNardei wrote: so near the japs...
Sorry to be mod like, but in the US that is an offensive term to use to describe the Japanese.
Ugh :x
I'm really sorry... :oops:
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

After finally managing to 1CC this, I thought I'd post my score here. Dunno if I'll try topping it for a while (it took me long enough to 1CC the damn game, I'm not particularly eager to play more right away :lol: ), but anyways...

Cthulhu 30,286,020 C-S 1-6 (1-ALL?) 285

I like playing with the laser type more than shot, but I'm better with shot type. Ahh, the irony.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

NTSC J 82,516,070 C-S 2-4 472

I need to get the board one of these days.
Edge

Post by Edge »

Here's my Highscore:

28'126'050 / C-S / Lvl.6 / 200 Max Hit

I hate the chain system! I really hate it!!

However, since I found out that I just can't get good chains how matter how hard I try. I am focusing only on that bomb-maximum-bonus.

@Ronz:
Like MovingTarget recommended, I think a larger score board would be better. Many people have posted their scores and aren't even listed. So how about a Top 20? This way some other players could join too.
Ronz

Post by Ronz »

Sorry guys, I did indeed forget about this again.

I'm taking summer classes this year because I just changed my major and so I haven't had the time to check the forums here like I normally do.

I'll do my best to try to update the scores this weekend if I get some free time. Or, if you guys want to have a mod close this topic and have someone more active start the thread, I understand.

Again, sorry for the lack of updates.
Edge

Re: DoDonPachi

Post by Edge »

@Ronz:
I updated the scoretable, so you just need to hit the quote button. ;)

Code: Select all

#   Name                 Score    Type   Area   Max Hit
01  Morden           473'766'630   A-L    All     459
02  BR1              102'230'000   C-S    2-3     577
03  MrMonkeyMan       96'378'010   C-S    2-4     396
04  NTSC-J            82'516'070   C-S    2-4     472
05  Tomtom            43'793'900   A-L    2-2     298
06  Bydoslave         42'117'110   C-S    1-6     395
07  freddiebamboo     41'777'050   C-S    1-6     288
08  Zhon              39'625'990   A-L    1-All   208
09  Buha              37'376'580   C-S    1-6     280
10  Krobin            35'549'560   C-S    1-6     186
11  LFO               32'124'730   A-L    1-6     238
12  Cthulhu           30'286'020   C-S    1-All   285
13  8 1/2             29'111'730   C-S    1-All   220
14  Edge              28'126'050   C-S    1-6     200
15  RFL               25'447'948   C-L    1-5     354
16  Raiden            23'433'720   C-L    1-6     255
17  PC Engine Fan X!   8'423'480   C-L    ???     153
Last edited by Edge on Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freddiebamboo

Post by freddiebamboo »

A month of solid practice, slight RSI and strange dreams of the stage 5 boss:

freddiebamboo - 41,777,050 - C-S - Stage 6 - Max 288

:D :D :D :D :D :D