Space Intervention (Nintendo Wii U - PlayStation 4 - PC)

Submit your reviews here - please see guidelines topic
Sturmvogel Prime

Space Intervention (Nintendo Wii U - PlayStation 4 - PC)

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

Did you sometimes ask to yourself "What do I owe to deserve this?" when you're playing a game that turns out to be a trash shmup?
No?, Then this game will make you ask that question.

Another day, another insect shoot out.

Space Intervention is what we can call a clone of Namco's Galaga, but this game lacks of everything that made Galaga an instant classic game. There's no challenge factor in this game as the enemy fires very, very, very basic attack patterns that verge on the "Baby" difficulty: Three way shots, a rapid 3 bullet stream and a simple homing shot, all of these while staying away from you. That already sounds like you're gonna waste precious time. Every feature that made Galaga amazing is unexistant; the swooping formations, the captured ship, being able to recover your fighter to power up, the bonus levels, all of that is missing here. To put it in an example you can understand, imagine if Pulstar lacked of all the R-Type elements that made it an R-Type clone like "We'll make an R-Type clone without the Force/Voyager, the Bit/Io and the Charge shot function". Back to Space Intervention, there's some "Checkpoints" after clearing a few waves, acting like a continue of some sorts for this endless Galaga clone, and that's all for the gameplay. Wish I've could say more about this game, but that's pretty much it for the gameplay itself since there's not too much to talk about it. I hate when that happens, but on the other side, its good since I'm playing a shmup that sucks already.

Got all the trophies!

The game is trash, but as all trash games, that comes with the "Consolation Prize" which are the trophies, and like many, many, many trash shmups, they're extremely easy to get. In this game's case, just get 10,500 points to get'em all.

Graphically, it is an approach to Galaga's graphics as it has the same "All-time in space" which means the background is black with some stars scrolling down, the sprites look quite hard to recognize. Is like "Is that a jet or the hilt of a sword?", ¿Are those masks or alien ships?, like the gameplay, there's not too much to talk about and you know what, I'm glad for that again. The music is repetitive and extremely forgettable, basically is a crappy 1 minute Commodore 64-styled tune that easily passes as the title screen music, but when you have to hear it for 10 minutes it becames an "Enough already!" for your mind.

CURIOSITIES INTERVENTION
- The player ship looks like a crude rendition of the X-36 jet.

In the end, Space Intervention is a poor, laughable attempt to a Galaga clone, since it tries to catch the spirit of the timeless arcade classic but fails on doing something as simple as that, making it look more like the colored version of the infamous Breakthrough Gaming Space. Really, just add a "Game lesson" nodding a passage from the Bible and it would be the Breakthrough Gaming Space 3 that nobody asked for.
To put things simple and "In resume", this game is a Trophy Milker at expense of being a waste of time, money and space on your Wii U and PlayStation 4.

No need to say "Lea hates you".
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki