Disney's Vic Viper II: Happy Meal XL-07 by McDonalds

Submit your reviews here - please see guidelines topic
Sturmvogel Prime

Disney's Vic Viper II: Happy Meal XL-07 by McDonalds

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

As the release date of Disney-Pixar's Lightyear is getting closer, the toys are arriving.
Today I've saw (at least on the net) that McDonalds is releasing the ships from the movie in their Happy Meal, and the XL-07 is among them.

| SPEED | MISSILE | DOUBLE | LASER | OPTION | ? |

I'm sure you're familiarized with the XL-07, the ship that rips off the Vic Viper from Gradius. The Happy Meal toy itself is packaged in a plastic bag with a separated sticker sheet in the style of a Hasegawa jet kit or like the classic 80's Transformers toys. Yeah, they omitted the paint job with the exception of the pilot inside. Speaking of stickers, without them the ship looks much more like the classic Vic Viper, which this time they went for an even more chibi-esque look that is basically the Parodius version of it, even with the Gradius V-like stickers applied. The ships of the Happy Meal toyline are free-wheeled so you can move them on the ground like cars, but the main feature is that you can open the canopy by pressing the button on the tip of the ship's nose to reveal the pilot.
Unlike its HyperSpeed Series counterpart, the ship omits Buzz Lightyear (since he's in both XL-01 and XL-15) and is now piloted by Mo Morrison, one of Buzz's partners on his space adventure. This definitely breaks with the monotony of having 3 or 4 Buzz figures in the HyperSpeed Series.

UPDATE: Now that I've picked one, I've noticed that the toy is actually a pullback vehicle that once it hits a wall, it opens the canopy aluding a pilot ejection.

BEYOND INFINITY: CURIOSITIES OF THIS SET
The Happy Meal box features the "Robot scrambler" activity which invites kids and fans to unscramble the words.
Spoiler
1.- ASTR = STAR
2.- NSU = SUN
3.- ONOM = MOON
4.- LYF = FLY
5.- SEEPD = SPEED

If you want a cute looking Vic Viper, then this is for you.

If you don't mind to look weird buying a Happy Meal because of this, then pick it. You don't see a Vic Viper toy made by Non-Konami companies everyday, right?
Who knows what Disney-Pixar could throw at the shmup community with this movie. If they release a Lego XL-07, then this community will definitely rejoice.

ImageImageImage
Scales have spoken, you can't go wrong this time.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki