Ikaruga (Dreamcast) Gameshark codes???

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Kazuki

Ikaruga (Dreamcast) Gameshark codes???

Post by Kazuki »

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's seen these codes. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that can't get them to work. I've tried using them on my Gameshark CD-X and they don't work. Maybe I'm enetering them wrong, who knows.

Has anyone tried using these codes? Will they even work on the Gameshark CD-X?

Go to www.dreamcastcn.com and click on "Ikaruga" for the codes.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Dude, why would you ruin a game like Ikaruga with codes? I cannot think of any genre that codes would be more rediculous for than shooters.
Kazuki

Post by Kazuki »

I agree 100%. ....just a little curious is all. Not trying to ruing anything here.
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Kazuki wrote:I agree 100%. ....just a little curious is all. Not trying to ruing anything here.
That's cool, sorry if my tone was brisk.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I used Game Genie codes to make the enemies in TMNT 2 NES and Shinobi NES to make them feel more like the arcade with the enemies taking more hits or the main character taking one hit to die. It worked, but since the ports aren't really spot on in other areas, it didn't help the games feel more like the arcade. I do like using codes to make games harder, though. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a game enhancer code for a shmup that is too easy to make the firing rate faster or more bullets appear on screen?
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

BrianC wrote:Wouldn't it be cool if there was a game enhancer code for a shmup that is too easy to make the firing rate faster or more bullets appear on screen?
Ehh, not IMO. I'd rather play a harder shooter than mess with how a game is supposed to be.
Zhon

Post by Zhon »

Eh? As long as it's not a multiplayer game, or he doesn't cheat for a score competition, what a person does at home with their own game machines is up to them. Plus given that we have no verification scheme for our score tables anyway, it's not like having a cheat device will make faking a score any easier.

In any case, google is your friend. http://us.codejunkies.com/codes_show.as ... 340308&p=7 has a few. You'll probably find more with a deeper search - why not do it yourself? http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=ika ... arch&meta=