Nanostray, pics and video!!!!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Blue Lander

Post by Blue Lander »

I really need to get Interstellar Assault one of these days. It sounds really good. They go for cheap on e-bay, but it seems silly to pay so much shipping for such a tiny cartridge.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

Blue Lander wrote:One of these days I'd like to play it (Gradius Galaxies) on the Gameboy Player.
i don't know about you, but i actually had a harder time on the Gameboy Player. it just didn't feel right in some way.
I have no sig whatsoever.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Blue Lander wrote:I really need to get Interstellar Assault one of these days. It sounds really good. They go for cheap on e-bay, but it seems silly to pay so much shipping for such a tiny cartridge.
Avoid those "UK" sellers with the black cartridge Interstellar Assault. They are bootlegs and the real UK and Japanese version is called Nemesis II: Return of the Hero, also in a gray cartridge. The real Interstellar Assault is in a gray cartridge. The "shipping from Asia" in the description tells me that these guys aren't really from the UK. Also, try search for Konami GB Collection v. 4 European version. That will be in a black cartridge. That way, you'll be getting Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge, Anartic Adventure, and one other game with Gradius II Return of the Hero, the European version of the game with a changed title (which was changed in the Japanese Konami GB collection that it appears in too).

Your best bet for a US version of Gradius: IA will be searching at places like EB and Gamestop. I still see copies of it lying around once in a while.

IIRC, many of the flaws you pointed out in Gradius Galaxies are in other Gradius games. I found myself sticking to the force field in some other recent Gradius games too. I do agree that the music isn't great, though. I miss the days of Konami's older GB games where Konami was always making the best use of the hardware for music.

Also, I'm still wondering what happened to that Triple A GB b/w game. I read about it in Nintendo power and they had a screen, but I haven't heard anything about it since. Was it ever released anywhere? Is it really as bad as NP makes it sound? It's a game that uses a Gradius style bar in an overhead view like Alcon. Any info at all about this game woule be much appricated.

I hope the GBA and DS will be getting more shooters. Nanostray sounds promising, but I do hope the weapons will be more satisifying than the ones in Iridion II.
Darkcomet72

Post by Darkcomet72 »

Gradius Galaxies was NOT developed by konami, It was developed by Mobile21.
Ed: He asked for mustard Eddy! Do you have corn in your ears mister?