Sengoku Blade questions...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
JL

Sengoku Blade questions...

Post by JL »

If you know well about this game please give me some answers.
I guess there're 32 different possible endings. How do you happen to see them?? How many secret characters are there except Ayin and how do you get them?? Thanks.
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

I assume you're probably playing the game on the PS2. And I believe the PS2 is essentially a straight arcade port. Marion was an exclusive character to the Saturn version.

Ayin was unlocked by beating the game with all of the regular characters; you could do it on the lowest difficulty and with unlimited continues, if you're lazy. Although frankly, the only character I had to continue with was the robot samurai, the game is fairly easy by Psikyo standards and the lowest difficulty didn't put up much of a fight.

Marion, if she's available, is unlocked by beating the game with Ayin.

Both characters can be found hidden in the random select. Press Up for Ayin, Down for Marion (if she's there). Or maybe I've got the directions backwards. And perhaps these directions only apply to the Saturn version and I've wasted your time.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

(Confirmed for PS2 version, should work in Saturn version)

You don't need to unlock Ayin in any way, at the character select screen select the icon for random character and press up three times, down three times and up seven times. Instant Ayin, just add water.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Tomtom

Post by Tomtom »

Just tried the Ayin trick in MAME and it works there, too.
FatalError

Post by FatalError »

In the Saturn version of Sengoku Blade, you must first beat the game with each of the five main characters (you can do this at any difficulty level), and then you must enter codes to play as Shine Ayn and Marion (from Gunbird):

Play as Shine Ayn:
Highlight the red random select icon on the right side of the character selection screen and press Up 3 times, Down 3 times, and Up 7 times. Shine Ayn will appear for selection.

Play as Marion:
Complete a one player game with each character, including Shine Ayn on any difficulty level without switching characters during each match. Then, highlight the red random select icon on the right side of the character selection screen and press Up. Marion will appear for selection. To display Shine Ayn, press Up twice.

As for the endings, each character has two endings. When you get to the stage where you must first choose a lower or upper path, the path you choose determines the ending you recieve. On top of that, there are special endings for two player games. There is a different ending for each two-person combination (giving you about 32 different endings).

Here is a website with the box art for the Saturn version of Sangoku Blade for those who are interested.

The Saturn version of the game is two discs. The first disc is the game disc, and the second disc is an omake disc, including over 1500 peices of artwork (as part of a Sengoku Blade artwork contest), and Shine Aiyn's fortunetelling.