shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:48 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:51 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3529
Quote:
Not quite as nice as full VGA though... but don't underestimate the impact of a large screen size either, in the case of what you can plug the Gamecube version into.


Some hdtv do have VGA inputs these days I think

Quote:
Legit game support is impossible since PC CD-ROM devices can't read GD-ROMs.


They're working on some hax0rz. From what I've read it should be possible.

Quote:
of course I play 2D-GC games like "Star Soldier","Ikaruga","Capcom VS SNK 2","Castle of Shiki 2","Alien Hominid","Zelda 4 swords adventure","Mega Man Anniversary" etc etc with the Hori-Pad too.
Gamecube has plenty of (great-)2D titles.


I think he meant exclusives, in which case there aren't many. Even GBA is short on shmups, fighters, racers, every 'important' genre.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:42 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 7086
Location: MD
Neon wrote:
I think he meant exclusives, in which case there aren't many. Even GBA is short on shmups, fighters, racers, every 'important' genre.


Lets see, for racing games there are three original F-Zero games, an original Mario Kart, those GT Advance games, Racing Gears Advance, Micro Machines, Karnaaj Rally, Pole Position, Out Run, and Super Hang On, not to mention the racing games on GB/GBC like Toca Racing Challange, Micro Machines, Super RC Pro Am, and a few others.

As for fighters, there is King of Fighters EX 2, an excellent port Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Super Street Fighter II Turbo revival, all of which are extremely good. On the GB/GBC there is Street Fighter Alpha and some very good Takara designed SNK ports.

As for shmups, there's Iridion II, Twinbee Famicom Mini, Star Soldier Famicom Mini, Gradius Galaxies, Steel Empire, the ports in Konami Arcade Advance, and some other ports in classic collections. On the GB/GBC there is Solar Striker, some Nemesis/Gradius games, R-Type I and II, Twinbee Da!!, Parodius Da!!, and Aero Star.

I'm getting sick of this crap. The GBA actually has more shmups than the Game Gear and a decent amout of good ones (though most of them aren't as good as the GG Aleste games, but that's no fault of the GBA, GB, or GBC). Not to mention the fact that GB/GBC games can be played on the GBA and the GB player. This is technically off topic, but when someone says some untrue info about the GBA, I can't help but defend it.

Also, the GCN has some good Nintendo exclusives and some of the same great non-exclusives that are on other systems. However, sometimes the GCN versions of games get rated lower for unfair reasons (the controller, no online, etc).

As for Ikaruga, the GCN version is a good version of the game IMO. I really don't care if one version is better by a slight margin.


Last edited by BrianC on Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:15 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 63
If you have the PAL version of Ikaruga (GC) you should take a ntsc version. 50Hz sucks!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:34 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 1158
Location: California
BrianC wrote:
...


Off-topic, and don't ever think about calling anyone else a fanboy.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:49 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 7086
Location: MD
mannerbot wrote:
BrianC wrote:
...


Off-topic, and don't ever think about calling anyone else a fanboy.


I'm not calling Neon a fanboy. I'm just getting tired of him posting this negative crap everytime someone says something positive about the GBA. Even though he isn't a fanboy, I still think the way he posts some untrue things about the GBA is way out of line. Also, what I said about the emulation is not equal to calling him a fanboy and it's not untrue either. It wasn't meant to make Neon look bad. It was a comment aimed directly at Neon trying to get him to stop this nonsense. I even deleted it becuase someone would take it the wrong way. I was right! BTW, Mannerbot, I wish you would butt out. You always seem to be taking my posts the wrong way and butting in when I don't want you.

Look, I know you are entitled to a negative opinion, but outright lies like "there isn't much of this on GBA" are very annoying and disrespectful. Look, I don't want to cause a commotion or fight, all I want is for these negative and untrue comments to end. Honestly, these types of things start fights and it's better not to post them at all.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:12 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 1158
Location: California
Hey, did that have anything to do with the topic at hand? Seriously, if you need to profess your love for the Gameboy Advance go here. No one cares. If you're going to jam a thread with filler at least go to off-topic.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:18 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 7086
Location: MD
mannerbot wrote:
Hey, did that have anything to do with the topic at hand? Seriously, if you need to profess your love for the Gameboy Advance go here. No one cares. If you're going to jam a thread with filler at least go to off-topic.


Mannerbot, this isn't about professing my love for the GBA. This is about someone who posted crap about the GBA not having many games and me trying to prove him wrong. He posted in this topic and yet you find nothing wrong with his comments and go all over me instead. It really bothers me to see that just becuase I like certain games, you seem to think I'm a fanboy. I see you can't respect my opinion, so butt out! Honestly, this is just plain silly. Mannerbot and Neon, if you can't respond to my posts without treating me like an idiot, I suggest not replying to any of my posts at all. I'm ending this here! No more!


Last edited by BrianC on Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:19 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3663
japtor wrote:
if you play in yoko though, its a big difference. for me the dc one was harder to play that way because things seemed overly sharp and bright, like bullets seemed to bloom a bit. the gc one is softer but feels like a more natual scaled down image, otherwise has a smaller mode with nothing cut off which helps, even if it is smaller. either way, both are slightly off in their aspect ratio, the image should be a little wider. i played on a friends widescreen, and with the image stretched horizontally, it was nearly the proper size.


I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who noticed this.

In Yoko mode, the direction and speed of the ship are slightly off, you can even see that the shield isn't circular (it's more oblate, almost oval).

As a result, I find Yoko mode (on either release) unplayable.

And I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned the numerous wind-laser lock-on glitches that exist in the GC versions of Ikaruga (the PAL version suffering worst of all). For me, these really do make the GC rev a total chore to play.
_________________
"Amidst utter chaos lies strict order."
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:50 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 7086
Location: MD
Kiken wrote:
japtor wrote:
if you play in yoko though, its a big difference. for me the dc one was harder to play that way because things seemed overly sharp and bright, like bullets seemed to bloom a bit. the gc one is softer but feels like a more natual scaled down image, otherwise has a smaller mode with nothing cut off which helps, even if it is smaller. either way, both are slightly off in their aspect ratio, the image should be a little wider. i played on a friends widescreen, and with the image stretched horizontally, it was nearly the proper size.


I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who noticed this.

In Yoko mode, the direction and speed of the ship are slightly off, you can even see that the shield isn't circular (it's more oblate, almost oval).

As a result, I find Yoko mode (on either release) unplayable.

And I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned the numerous wind-laser lock-on glitches that exist in the GC versions of Ikaruga (the PAL version suffering worst of all). For me, these really do make the GC rev a total chore to play.


How often do the glitches occur? Do they always occur in the same place? I heard that happen mostly in conquest mode and that the US version has far less glitches than the UK one. Is this true? I don't like how the GCN one has glitches, but I still like the GCN version despite them.

I think it's good that the game came to the GCN and to the US, though. Still, I'm not very fond of Infogrames (I don't like calling them Atari). They treat the GCN like crap (even Midway brought their classic collections to the GCN) and made some crappy lincensed games for GBA. They published some crappy games for other systems too. Bringing Ikaruga GCN here was about one of the only good decisions they made recently IMO.


Last edited by BrianC on Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:51 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 4030
Location: Planet Doom's spaceport
Valgar wrote:
I have put an extensive amount of time into both versions on the same monitor in TATE.

The DC version is better, no questions.

A list is easier to view.

DC
-Better sound quality.
-Sharper image.
-Slowdown = There is slowdown in TATE mode, and I do not view this as a bad thing since it is identicle to the NAOMI version. I do not view the GC versions "No slowdown" as a good thing, and it will make areas of the game HARDER compared to the NAOMI. Examples are TAGERI (HARD mode would be a nightmare) and the Chapter 3 boss once he starts shooting lasers.

GC
-A decrease in sharpness is clearly seen from Chapter 2 on. This bothered the hell out of me.
-Conquest mode - This is useless, there is a dump truck of better videos out there than these. Choosing sections of the level to start at is also flawed because you can't select if you want to start with full homing.
-Music is out of sync.
-Sound and Music glitches.
-Graphical glitches.

Even though I hate the GC version, there is no reason to switch to the DC version as long as you are happy (which I assume most will be).


And yet, none of the advantages you mentioned for the dreamcast have an iota of effect on the gameplay. Saying that having no slowdown would make the game harder is a cop out, an excuse for the game not running as well as it should. Treasure didn't design the slowdown in there, it's there because of a limitation of the hardware. I'd rather have a not so great looking game that runs fast and smooth than a pretty game with slowdown that throws me off.

As for conquest mode being useless because you can get better videos, come off it. Just because there are better videos out there doesn't mean that a novice or beginning player isn't going to find the videos helpful.
_________________
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:
Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:22 pm 



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 786
Location: Holy Diver
Acid King wrote:
And yet, none of the advantages you mentioned for the dreamcast have an iota of effect on the gameplay. Saying that having no slowdown would make the game harder is a cop out, an excuse for the game not running as well as it should. Treasure didn't design the slowdown in there, it's there because of a limitation of the hardware. I'd rather have a not so great looking game that runs fast and smooth than a pretty game with slowdown that throws me off.

As for conquest mode being useless because you can get better videos, come off it. Just because there are better videos out there doesn't mean that a novice or beginning player isn't going to find the videos helpful.


wtf, you didn't read my last sentence? The guy asked which version is better and I listed the differences.

graphical and sound glitches do interfere with gameplay. If I am on a record breaking run and the game decides to stop playing sound effects I am going to think "wtf is going on" then immediatly die, and then I will follow up with destroying my Gamecube. Kiken also brang up the homing missile problems which I forgot about.

If I want to compete with real high scoring players like WIZ who play on the NAOMI hardware, why would I want to handicap myself? The slowdown in Ikaruga is never going to throw anyone off since it is always in the same spots, the only possible way it could happen is if you moved from the GC to DC version.

Conquest mode, come off it? I don't get it, the mode is still useless. Anyone should be able to figure out those chains by themselves. There is plenty of information and people at www.ikaruga.co.uk to help you.

Like I said in my last sentence, most people will be fine with the GC version.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:45 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 1877
Location: Nebraska, USA
zubiac wrote:
GaijinPunch wrote:
Forgot they had them for GC. It's a wonder they would bother though... there's like what, 2 shmups and no 2D fighting games?


do you mean the hori-pad?
It's not only one of the best pads ever....it also should be used for one purpose:
To play the +1000 2D games on gamecube.
No seriously.....GBA-Player +horipad turns the gamecube into one of the best 2D consoles.

of course I play 2D-GC games like "Star Soldier","Ikaruga","Capcom VS SNK 2","Castle of Shiki 2","Alien Hominid","Zelda 4 swords adventure","Mega Man Anniversary" etc etc with the Hori-Pad too.
Gamecube has plenty of (great-)2D titles.


I 2nd the above. I have both Ikaruga and Capcom Vs. SNK2 EO for GC and play BOTH w/ the original GC controller. Not sure why everyone hates this thing so much...I prefer a PSX controller, but it's still a good control pad.

Back OT, I have never played the DC version, never TATE, and didn't even know that it was released in the arcade until reading it on this site. That info notwithstanding, I am quite happy w/ the US GC version (happy to have a GC shmup, period) and don't see a need to get the DC version except for completeness' sake.
_________________
"Playing a shmup with an analog stick is like trying to fill out the New York Times crossword with a can of spray paint." - Topher Cantler
YouTube | Twitter | Tumblr | Shoot the Core-cast Shmup Podcast


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:08 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 7086
Location: MD
FRO wrote:
zubiac wrote:
GaijinPunch wrote:
Forgot they had them for GC. It's a wonder they would bother though... there's like what, 2 shmups and no 2D fighting games?


do you mean the hori-pad?
It's not only one of the best pads ever....it also should be used for one purpose:
To play the +1000 2D games on gamecube.
No seriously.....GBA-Player +horipad turns the gamecube into one of the best 2D consoles.

of course I play 2D-GC games like "Star Soldier","Ikaruga","Capcom VS SNK 2","Castle of Shiki 2","Alien Hominid","Zelda 4 swords adventure","Mega Man Anniversary" etc etc with the Hori-Pad too.
Gamecube has plenty of (great-)2D titles.


I 2nd the above. I have both Ikaruga and Capcom Vs. SNK2 EO for GC and play BOTH w/ the original GC controller. Not sure why everyone hates this thing so much...I prefer a PSX controller, but it's still a good control pad.

Back OT, I have never played the DC version, never TATE, and didn't even know that it was released in the arcade until reading it on this site. That info notwithstanding, I am quite happy w/ the US GC version (happy to have a GC shmup, period) and don't see a need to get the DC version except for completeness' sake.


I agree with the controller thing. I play both with the GCN controller too, but I mentioned the Hori pad anyway since it seems that a lot of people don't like how small the pad is. To be honest, I don't even have a Hori, but I am thinking of getting one, though I do like the GCN controller.

BTW, I do want to play the DC version of Ikaruga, but I enjoy the GCN version quite a bit. The fact is that there are other shmups I want to get for the DC that I don't have for other systems.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:25 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 4030
Location: Planet Doom's spaceport
Valgar wrote:

wtf, you didn't read my last sentence? The guy asked which version is better and I listed the differences.

graphical and sound glitches do interfere with gameplay. If I am on a record breaking run and the game decides to stop playing sound effects I am going to think "wtf is going on" then immediatly die, and then I will follow up with destroying my Gamecube. Kiken also brang up the homing missile problems which I forgot about.

If I want to compete with real high scoring players like WIZ who play on the NAOMI hardware, why would I want to handicap myself? The slowdown in Ikaruga is never going to throw anyone off since it is always in the same spots, the only possible way it could happen is if you moved from the GC to DC version.

Conquest mode, come off it? I don't get it, the mode is still useless. Anyone should be able to figure out those chains by themselves. There is plenty of information and people at www.ikaruga.co.uk to help you.

Like I said in my last sentence, most people will be fine with the GC version.


I did read your last sentence and your list of differences is obviously skewed towards the Dreamcast version. All you list are positives with the dreamcast and negatives with the Gamecube. That's not a list of differences. It's a list of why the dreamcast one is better than the gamecube one, along with a "I hate the GC version" and a disregard of the advantages of the GC version.

As for conquest mode, anyone should be able to figure the game out themselves. Personally, I think using any videos or guides for shooters or any other game is cheap, but regardless, the videos are there for novice players who want to understand the game better. Simply because there are better sources does not mean that those are useless. Useless to you, but not to others.

As for the missing sound effect throwing you off a run... come on. Unless your performance is predicated upon that sound happening, you're just easily distracted. If the game play is dependent on the sound, in this case it is not since I have played with no sound and with music over it and had similar performances, the sound does not affect the way the game plays at all. Slowdown, on the other hand, does affect the game play.
_________________
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:
Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:20 pm 



Joined: 02 Feb 2005
Posts: 367
Quote:
-Slowdown = There is slowdown in TATE mode, and I do not view this as a bad thing since it is identicle to the NAOMI version. I do not view the GC versions "No slowdown" as a good thing, and it will make areas of the game HARDER compared to the NAOMI. Examples are TAGERI (HARD mode would be a nightmare) and the Chapter 3 boss once he starts shooting lasers.

cept its not identical to the naomi version. i dont think the difference is large enough to make a difference, but its different. the lack of slowdown on the gc version definitely makes the chap 3 boss harder once it speeds up. and forgot to mention one last thing pertaining to slowdown, the dc one varies in slowdown between tate and yoko mode.

Quote:
I just got the DC version of Ikaruga a few days ago, and aside from what everyone's mentioned, the DC version also has less loading. There's definitely longer pauses during loading for the GC version (really noticeable when restarting).

didnt notice a huge difference myself (or it never bugged me i guess). the thing that annoyed me on the dc version loading wise, was when the disc spun down. think it happens in 3 or 4, when you complete the level, the screen goes black and you gotta wait for the disc to spin back up (or maybe its just my dc perhaps).

Quote:
In Yoko mode, the direction and speed of the ship are slightly off, you can even see that the shield isn't circular (it's more oblate, almost oval).

As a result, I find Yoko mode (on either release) unplayable.

And I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned the numerous wind-laser lock-on glitches that exist in the GC versions of Ikaruga (the PAL version suffering worst of all). For me, these really do make the GC rev a total chore to play.

actually its a little oblong in tate mode as well, just in the x axis. not that that matters of course, but yeah its the movement that throws you off the most.

as for the laser glitches, luckily never ran into them for my play throughs, but definitely something to take into account, especially from the shit i read about happening in the pal version.

and about the conquest replays, id rather have them not there at all so higher level players wouldnt bitch about them being crap. high level players will learn from others, and/or figure it out on their own. that said, dont watch them if you dont need them. i didnt even remember the replays until it was mentioned here. the only thing conquest is useful for is for practicing boss battles (even with the empty laser).

and as for the sound differences throwing you off, its understandable. if you play all the time with the sound on, it can become a significant part of the game. if something sounds wrong, then it implies you did something wrong, or if you associate sound cues with certain actions, if thats off itll screw you up. personally the music didnt affect me, but the lower sound level of the chain/laser voice in the gc version took a while to get used to (and if it glitches out completely, i just hope i didnt screw up and keep doing what im doing).


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:03 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3529
Quote:
Lets see, for racing games there are three original F-Zero games, an original Mario Kart, those GT Advance games, Racing Gears Advance, Micro Machines, Karnaaj Rally, Pole Position, Out Run, and Super Hang On, not to mention the racing games on GB/GBC like Toca Racing Challange, Micro Machines, Super RC Pro Am, and a few others.

As for fighters, there is King of Fighters EX 2, an excellent port Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Super Street Fighter II Turbo revival, all of which are extremely good. On the GB/GBC there is Street Fighter Alpha and some very good Takara designed SNK ports.

As for shmups, there's Iridion II, Twinbee Famicom Mini, Star Soldier Famicom Mini, Gradius Galaxies, Steel Empire, the ports in Konami Arcade Advance, and some other ports in classic collections. On the GB/GBC there is Solar Striker, some Nemesis/Gradius games, R-Type I and II, Twinbee Da!!, Parodius Da!!, and Aero Star.


Amount of exclusives/ones done better on other systems: zip, null, zero.

Quote:
You always seem to be taking my posts the wrong way and butting in when I don't want you.


Better let him know when you don't want him to respond then. Next, he might get the crazy idea that he has freedom of speech :wink:

ANYWAYS...

Valgar for sure knows more about Ikaruga than any of us. Time to let this thread die.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:17 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 1158
Location: California
Mod edit from Dylan: Do not provoke fellow members of the forum.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:25 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Posts: 14273
Location: Chicago
Saying the GC has 1000+ 2D games is a moot point. My Xbox plays just about every damn 2D console game there is through emulation.

I don't doubt that when you throw a GBA onto your GC the libraries grow... very large, but I'm talking about GC games, not GBA games. Yeah, the Famicom Minis added some shmups to the scene, but you can already play those in emulation with whatever custom stick you have.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:53 am 


User avatar

Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 98
Location: Austri-argh
GaijinPunch wrote:
Saying the GC has 1000+ 2D games is a moot point. My Xbox plays just about every damn 2D console game there is through emulation.

I don't doubt that when you throw a GBA onto your GC the libraries grow... very large, but I'm talking about GC games, not GBA games. Yeah, the Famicom Minis added some shmups to the scene, but you can already play those in emulation with whatever custom stick you have.


hey ,I just wanted to say that the hori-pad was actually designed for using it with the gameboy player....that's all.
and that it IS a perfect pad(not stick though)
:)
_________________
War is in my Heart -- Death is by my Side


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:58 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 7086
Location: MD
mannerbot wrote:
He likes chocolate milk also I hear. Godly.


Didn't I tell you to butt out? Honestly, I wish someone else would speak up. I'm not trying to cause a riot, I'm trying to prevent one from happening. Untrue comments like "there are no games worth getting on GBA" or "the GBA doesn't have any worthy games becuase I don't care much for certain games" or "F-Zero Maximum velocity isn't worth playing becuase the SNES one is better" in response to comments like "I play games on my GB Player" that shouldn't trigger a negative replay are disrespectful IMO. Neon, comments like "there aren't any GBA exclusives there are better than other versions" are a matter of opinion, not fact. You can feel free to post you opinion where appropiate, but please don't post it as if it was fact. I personally like the GBA Mario Kart better than the N64 and SNES versions and I like F-Zero just as much as the SNES version for different reasons. These games are well liked by many others too, especially Mario Kart.

Also, the GBA does have some fine exclusives like Karnaaj Rally, Gradius Galaxies, Racing Gears Advance, Metroid Fusion, the Castlevanias, Astro Boy, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Wario Land 4. and Zelda: Minish cap. Neon, you keep stating that most of these exclusives have better games on other systems, but you keep ignoring the fact that these GBA games are great in their own right. Honestly, I don't care if there are better games on other systems. With games like F-Zero, Castlevanias, Zeldas, Gradius, Mario, and so many others that have an extremely good game on other systems, is it really fair to complain about the GBA versions not being better than another version when they are extremely good? Also, do you really think it's right to put down someone who does like Castlevania Circle of the Moon or Aria of Sorrow better than Symphony of the Night for ligitimate reasons? I don't think so!

BTW, mannerbot, if it wasn't for your rude comments, I would have kept quiet. Honestly, all I wan't is for these rude comments about the GBA in response to positive comments and the disrespect towards my opinions of them to end. Next time, if you don't want me to post at all, don't provoke me. Honestly, I would have stopped posting much earlier if it wasn't for Neon's disrespectful comments and your comments from the peanut gallery.

BTW, I won't post any more on this matter, but I do want to see some respect in these forums and less opinions stated as fact. Off topic or not, I do have an right to opinion and opinions shouldn't be disrespected just becuase someone else can't see that he is stating his opinion as fact and being disrespectful to others.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:08 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 3182
Location: #50 Bitch!
Neon wrote:
Quote:
You always seem to be taking my posts the wrong way and butting in when I don't want you.


Better let him know when you don't want him to respond then. Next, he might get the crazy idea that he has freedom of speech :wink:


hahaha! sorry i just feel an obligation to continue with my Neon fanboy-ism 8)
_________________
I have no sig whatsoever.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:16 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3529
Quote:
Neon, comments like "there aren't any GBA exclusives there are better than other versions" are a matter of opinion, not fact. You can feel free to post you opinion where appropiate, but please don't post it as if it was fact.


The fact that it's my opinion is utterly obvious. There's no need to re-state the obvious.

Here's a passage from my bible (http://maddox.xmission.com/)

Image

Quote:
Also, the GBA does have some fine exclusives like Karnaaj Rally, Gradius Galaxies, Racing Gears Advance, Metroid Fusion, the Castlevanias, Astro Boy, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Wario Land 4. and Zelda: Minish cap.


I read that as "Also, the GBA does have some fine exclusives like [adult voices from peanuts here]." Those games are nothing to me, much better stuff out there. IN MY OPINION.

Quote:
Also, do you really think it's right to put down someone who does like Castlevania Circle of the Moon or Aria of Sorrow better than Symphony of the Night for ligitimate reasons? I don't think so!


I do. Quit disrespecting my opinion. Your comments are very hurtful since I take what I read on the intarweb very seriously.

Honestly, no need to keep spamming up the thread with this silliness. Time for a lock IMO. :roll:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:18 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 911
this thread turned out hilarious.

ps: i see something wrong here, i was about to go ranting about my views of how most the latest gba titles are garbage/what i find wrong with nintendo, then i realised i would make some individuals cry and refrained from it.
man, people suck.
and im off topic.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:20 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 7086
Location: MD
Neon wrote:
Quote:
Neon, comments like "there aren't any GBA exclusives there are better than other versions" are a matter of opinion, not fact. You can feel free to post you opinion where appropiate, but please don't post it as if it was fact.


The fact that it's my opinion is utterly obvious. There's no need to re-state the obvious.

Here's a passage from my bible (http://maddox.xmission.com/)

Image

Quote:
Also, the GBA does have some fine exclusives like Karnaaj Rally, Gradius Galaxies, Racing Gears Advance, Metroid Fusion, the Castlevanias, Astro Boy, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Wario Land 4. and Zelda: Minish cap.


I read that as "Also, the GBA does have some fine exclusives like [adult voices from peanuts here]." Those games are nothing to me, much better stuff out there. IN MY OPINION.

Quote:
Also, do you really think it's right to put down someone who does like Castlevania Circle of the Moon or Aria of Sorrow better than Symphony of the Night for ligitimate reasons? I don't think so!


I do. Quit disrespecting my opinion. Your comments are very hurtful since I take what I read on the intarweb very seriously.

Honestly, no need to keep spamming up the thread with this silliness. Time for a lock IMO. :roll:


Interesting how you try and twist my words. I don't mean any of what I said out of disrespect, but I see that you twist some of my respect towards others as disrespect towards you. You know, I'll just ignore you and mannerbot next time since there is no reasoning with you two.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:21 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 2322
OK. How did a perfectly normal thread about the DC Ika rev vs the GC rev turn into a fight over the GAME BOY ADVANCE'S LIBRARY? I'm going to leavethis thread open as long as people care to get back on topic. Mannerbot and especially Neon, from now on I would appreciate it if you just dropped the baiting comments on whatever system is in discussion. DC, GBA, whatever. Drop it. No more thinly disguised "DC fanboy" borderline jabbing comments in ANY MORE threads. I'm leaving your inane cartoon up there to show I support free speech on the forum as that was just "Whatever it's my opinion." The ends don't justify the means however.
_________________
Image


Last edited by Dylan1CC on Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:23 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3529
I agree, never should have gone this far. Back to the topic...


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:25 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 2322
Neon wrote:
I agree, never should have gone this far. Back to the topic...


Thank you for your cooperation.
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:28 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3529
Cooperation? Bah, just agreement. I should make a negative comment about the GBA out of spite :twisted:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:29 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 7960
Dylan1CC wrote:
Thank you for your cooperation.

Robocop!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:40 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 3182
Location: #50 Bitch!
on more Off topic

http://maddox.xmission.com/ is the funniest website i have ever seen. the passage on Daredevil made me cry.
_________________
I have no sig whatsoever.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Zaarock and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group