Ikaruga DC vs. GC

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Lili-Xiang

Post by Lili-Xiang »

iatneH wrote:
Lili-Xiang wrote:Shimatta...
LOL. Are you for real?
but my 'rents sold it anyway :cry:
LOL. Say, isn't it past your bedtime?

Just buy another DC, they're only $20-$30.

Nice to know about GC games in progressive scan on Wii though, since my Wii just shipped out, and 3rd party component cables are cheap, unlike GC with only the proprietary 1st party cable.
What? the swearing? sorry. :?
You say there are still some Dreamcast counsoles out here? I can't find any...
I know the easiest place to find one is the net, but that's out of the question.
Anyone who believes what they saw at Namco Central about ME is seriously far stupider than he/she looks... :roll:
firestorm

Post by firestorm »

i have
the
DC, Naomi, GC version

i play all over VGA and couldnt see any different

i prefer the GC version

becaus better training Mode
thats the only reason

i heard the PAL GC version is not so good, but i play the ntsc jp verison
exquisite_torture

Post by exquisite_torture »

I have both the GC and DC versions. Both using VGA. I have a DC VGA cable and an AV VGA box. I can't see any differences, but I prefer the GC version. I'd rather use a stick than a D-Pad.
rib

Post by rib »

good to bury old wrongs. i have the gc nstc jp version running trough the original gc component cable the pic is nice, sorry but as stated some years ago some people still seem to compare the game for both system with uncompareable setups, perhaps it could be said that the dc version can be played good looking cheaper, but thats it.
Strider77

Re:

Post by Strider77 »

Last edited by Strider77 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Strider77

Re:

Post by Strider77 »

BrianC wrote: As for Ikaruga, the GCN version is a good version of the game IMO. I really don't care if one version is better by a slight margin.
Could have fooled me....
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
xxx1993

Re:

Post by xxx1993 »

BrianC wrote:As for Ikaruga, the GCN version is a good version of the game IMO. I really don't care if one version is better by a slight margin.
This. I don't get why people keep arguing over which version of Ikaruga is better when they all play the same anyway. Although the GameCube version is probably the only version without the texts between each chapter.
BrianC

Re: Re:

Post by BrianC »

Strider77 wrote:
BrianC wrote: As for Ikaruga, the GCN version is a good version of the game IMO. I really don't care if one version is better by a slight margin.
Could have fooled me....
old post....
evil_ash_xero

Re: Ikaruga DC vs. GC

Post by evil_ash_xero »

How does the PS4 version fare? It certainly looks nice.
I'm not an expert on all the little details that people know about. Except for that boss who had it's bullet pattern reversed in the XBLA version.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

evil_ash_xero wrote:How does the PS4 version fare? It certainly looks nice.
I'm not an expert on all the little details that people know about. Except for that boss who had it's bullet pattern reversed in the XBLA version.
I heard it's based on the Steam version like the Switch port. I heard it's more accurate than the GCN and 360 versions, but has some new bugs like disappearing enemies in one section.
mitsuruga

Post by mitsuruga »

Does anyone of you know, in which relation this book stands with the GC version of Ikaruga? Was this a pre-order bonus maybe? Thx.
Xer Xian

Post by Xer Xian »

mitsuruga wrote:Was this a pre-order bonus maybe?
Essentially, yes. You can find a couple of references here and here (both contain a link to the Ikaruga net ranking website, dead a long time ago and apparently now replaced with a hilarious game description.. The overwhelming perfection of Ikaruga has a long history, it says.. :) ).

Here's a sample of its content.
mitsuruga

Post by mitsuruga »

Thank you! :)
guigui

Post by guigui »

Xer Xian wrote: ...the Ikaruga net ranking website, dead a long time ago and apparently now replaced with a hilarious game description.. The overwhelming perfection of Ikaruga has a long history, it says.. :) ).
Also very good, is the conclusion :

The trial and error process is just an initial phase. I hope you will play this game until you have implemented your routine actions and fully experienced the rapture from natural narcotics secreted in your brain.

This could even be the ingame text of stage 4.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

GameCube version.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

I agree with the couple people here that said , they cant tell the difference. I too, am one of those non tech savvy guys. Cant tell the difference between a few frames per second and how one version is slightly less blurry, things like that. BUT, I'm one of those guys that still think 16 bit games look beautiful, so what do I know.