Do we rate/review Freeware/Homebrew Shmups here??

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Blade

Do we rate/review Freeware/Homebrew Shmups here??

Post by Blade »

I just found this site (stop me if you've seen this link) where there are a great number of interesting Homebrew Shmups among other things that people have made recently as Freeware.

Of worthy notice:

Cloudphobia
Amanagi
Warning Forever
rRootage
Torus Trooper (I know this isn't 2D, but it's shmup-like and I had to play it)
Parsec 47
T4 Funeral
Techno Sylph -vsys gaiden-

Of course, there are many others I didn't mention, and so far I've only tried about 4 of the above mentioned.

My question is this: besides the ratings they give on the site, do you think it possible to give a "professional shmupper's" opinion/game review? I can't say anything really, I like them all, particularly Cloudphobia, but I digress...I suck at shmups, I will admit, but those people at these forums who are quite good at them have a more enlightened perspective on shmupping.

So far, for the most part, the shmup reviews are mostly Console and Arcade. Just wondering if there's room for Homebrew PC too?
The world would be a better place if there were less shooters and more dot-eaters.

Jesus' BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS:
1. Pure, Mournful, Humble Heart
2. Merciful Peacemaker
3. Suffer for Righteous Desire
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

The recently-reviewed "Bio Gax" is a homebrew, isn't it? if not it sure looks like one...
magnum opus

Post by magnum opus »

none of them were actually made "recently" excepting maybe torus trooper. again post's site www.shootthecore.com has the best catalog of homerew on the web as for reviewing them on shumps.com there have in the past been a couple, i know idinaloq has a review posted. the obvious problem though is that there aprobably three, four hundred running around. www.the-underdogs.org has a pretty good number of review for them but they aren't really from hardcore fans of the genre.
EddyMRA

Post by EddyMRA »

There was a site which had reviews of homebrew shmups, including mine (Xeno Fighters EX), but I cannot locate it anymore.
The age of Alluro and JudgeSpear is over.