Border Down

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ac_slatercore

Border Down

Post by ac_slatercore »

Does anybody know any cheat or game shark codes for Border Down? My thumb hurts.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

:?:

It has rapid fire...
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

I just got the game on Friday, and I don't see any rapid-fire option that enables you to shoot one solid line of fire accross the screen, like you see in replay videos of this game.

Where do you turn on this option?
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

I really don't understand.

If you hold down the shoot button you fire your forward shot continuously.

If you tap the shot button you get homing lasers (It is a little like a Cave game in that sense.)

Then of course you have another button for the big laser and another button for speed.

That's it. You don't keep tapping the button for rapid fire.

The only thought that comes to mind is how if you are to the far left, you will see momentary interruptions in your shot. Just like G-Darius, you can have a somewhat more continuous/faster stream by moving farther right.

Other than that, I don't really get what both of you are asking.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
Dandy J

Post by Dandy J »

He's saying his thumbs hurt cause he's pressing the buttons too hard. It's probably his left thumb, too. Many people hit directionals way too hard.