Question about the new shmup FTP replay site that's up.....

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
dave4shmups

Question about the new shmup FTP replay site that's up.....

Post by dave4shmups »

I'm referring to this site which was mentioned in the temp forums:

ftp://scoreattack:scoreattack@62.254.243.27:22

After unsuccessfully trying to download videos from this page, I read that you have to upload videos from this site to some account? How do you set up such an account, because I'd REALLY like to get a hold of some of these replay vids.
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

You don't need to upload anything. Assuming you can get in you should just be able to download stuff from your web browser... though getting a dedicated FTP client would probably be better. (Don't use Windows so I don't have any recommendations, sorry.)
raiden

Post by raiden »

I can recommend "SmartFTP" for this purpose. Normally, I use FTP Commander which is freeware, while SmartFTP is shareware limited to 1 month of use without registration. But as the server won´t be up for long anyway, and SmartFTP has a few useful functions, it´s still a good idea to use it.
Useful functions such as:
- automatic redial
- keep alive function
- ability to download directories instead of single files

there are 2 ways to login: with username and password "scoreattack" you can download and upload, while logging in with username and password "upload" you can only upload, but there are extra spaces reserved for uploaders. The server is limited to 5 people at once to keep download speed high. I had to wait for 3 days before I got in the first time. Very interesting stuff there, e.g. the Dimahoo video I´ve been searching for at least a year, and 2 replays from DDP Campaign Version.
pixelcorps

Post by pixelcorps »

i'll be watching the dimahoo vid intently....
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

OK Raiden, I downloaded and installed SmartFTP-now how the heck do I use this program?? It's all very confusing to me.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

BTW, is the Starblade replay of the PS1 version, and if so, did this game come out in Japan? LOVE the Solvalou replay; major kudos to whoever did that one!

A THOUSAND CURSES BE UPON NAMCO FOR NOT PORTING THIS GAME!! :twisted:

...ahem
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Ok, I typed in scoreattack in both the password and username boxes. Now, what do I type in the address box, just: 62.254.243.27 ?
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Yeah. You'll want to put 22 in the Port box too.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Got it to work; but where did the shmup replay vid I just downloaded through this program go to???
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Please Help, I just downloaded 2 Border Down videos and I have no idea where they are!!
raiden

Post by raiden »

in the settings, there´s an option to determine a default folder. If you wouldn´t know that, you could try using the Windows search function as you have the filename, right? So maybe you could think about a problem by yourself for 5 minutes before crying for help next time?
Leeram

Post by Leeram »

I'd appreciate being able to keep my FTP in line with this FTP, I'm only doing it for the shmups board after all (it had nowhere permanent to keep them)!

Are you ok for me to download any of your vids I don't have in my FTP en masse?.

If this FTP is now a permanent home for the shmups vids I could take mine down to keep consitency if you prefer. I'd rather keep mine in line though so people have two places to get them from.

Or have I got it totally wrong?

Cheers

Leeram
Gozer

Post by Gozer »

I just got in there for a second to download some Radiant Silvergun replays. I didn't even make it past the first menu before the server was full. Are there any Radiant Silvergun replays up on that site?
raiden

Post by raiden »

@Leeram: this FTP is NOT permanent, if I remember correctly, it will only stay up until the end of the month (or maybe a few days later). The last time this FTP was up was about 20 months ago, so you can guess how rare an opportunity this is. I´ve tried to spread the vidz I downloaded last time in the meantime, by means of several tools like ICQ, mIRC, edonkey, Direct Connect. It all turned out pretty bothersome. What I´ve archived on CD, I spread at every opportunity, but an FTP beats everything else in terms of efficiency.

@Gozer: there is at least one Radiant Silvergun replay up, divided into parts for each stage. Maybe there are two, I don´t remember exactly.

Like said before, be prepared to wait a good deal before getting in, try different daytimes if possible. The first time I got in was at 9.30h in the morning on a free day at work. Don´t even try early evening hours when everybody comes home.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

The most efficient would be for him to serve up torrents than an FTP server, since i haven't successfully connected for over a week now. :(
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

raiden wrote:I can recommend "SmartFTP" for this purpose. Normally, I use FTP Commander which is freeware, while SmartFTP is shareware limited to 1 month of use without registration.
I use SmartFTP. I never registered it and I can still use it just fine. I think I remember reading on the site that it's "free for personal use", so as long as you're not using it for business, you can use it for as long as you want.

I had trouble connecting using the user/pass/port boxes, but I got on by pasting the entire address into the domain box (dave's link in the first post).
DaveH wrote:Please Help, I just downloaded 2 Border Down videos and I have no idea where they are!!
The next time you want to download something, right-click on the file, select "download", "direct", and "select folder". That way, it goes where you want it.
Gozer wrote:Are there any Radiant Silvergun replays up on that site?
As far as I know, Scoreattack FTP is the only way to get Alamone's/Alluro's high-quality RS vids without asking him to directly transfer them to you. I think his are the ones that have just the levels as filenames - 3A-3C, 4B, etc.
Neon

Post by Neon »

ben shinobi's radiant silvergun replays are available at ikaruga.co.uk, unless you need the specific ones on this replay server.
JigsawMan

Post by JigsawMan »

Dave_K. wrote:The most efficient would be for him to serve up torrents than an FTP server, since i haven't successfully connected for over a week now. :(
I took a look at it yesterday and there were four empty slots at 10am GMT, today at the same time there were 4 users with two of them idle so I just booted the idle users (they were sending NOOP's so it didn;t time them out).

hope that helps!
Gozer

Post by Gozer »

Thanks for the info Neon. I've never visited Ikaruga.co.uk before. Now I can get some good strategy tips for RS and Ikaruga. I did not need any specific replay. These replays are just fine.
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

Ikaruga.co.uk also has VTF-INO's Radiant Silvergun Swordplay videos. 8)
JigsawMan

Post by JigsawMan »

There are 4 slots free at the moment so log in while you can. It will be up for about 2 more weeks

FTP Details:

62.254.243.27 port 22 username scoreattack pass scoreattack

No ratios, so just leech away. upload with the username upload and pass upload if you want.
Napoli

Post by Napoli »

I connected to the FTP server but no files are popping up in the main directory. Anybody know if I'm doing something wrong or is the site down
JigsawMan

Post by JigsawMan »

Napoli wrote:I connected to the FTP server but no files are popping up in the main directory. Anybody know if I'm doing something wrong or is the site down
try using an FTP client like flashfxp (www.flashfxp.com)
ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

I know couple of people have mentioned Ikaruga.co.uk having certain files for those who are looking and stuff like that, but one will beg to ask this question: "Where and how do I access that section if they're not there on the main Download page?"

Well, you just head on over to this link: http://www.ikaruga.co.uk/files
JigsawMan

Post by JigsawMan »

Right folks, it is going to be up for about 5 more days and then the line is ceased, so grab what you can while you can. there is one free slot at the moment.
PepsimanVsJoe

Post by PepsimanVsJoe »

Would be nice if whoever picks up all these replays was willing to host them somewhere else with easier access. My only decent connection is through a University wireless system which frowns on FTP(Forget about bittorrent as well)

Hell if somebody could make up some CD-Rs/DVD-Rs of this stuff I'd gladly pay for the disc itself + work done to put it together.

Slightly un-related but this site has some good replays from shooters and other games.
http://www.archive.org/details/game_replays
http://www.archive.org/details/speed_runs

There is some amazing stuff in there. The Rocket Knight Adventures run is just flatout unbelievable.
druuna

Post by druuna »

I tryed today a lot of times from my office(LAN)because it's damned fast compared to my home modem but I received an IP error...shit!
Is there a way to connect from private IPs???
I tryed other FTPs and I receive this error only on this ftp :(
ArrogantBastard

Re: .

PepsimanVsJoe wrote:Hell if somebody could make up some CD-Rs/DVD-Rs of this stuff I'd gladly pay for the disc itself + work done to put it together.
That would be great if someone actually volunteered to do that and charge at least maybe 5 to 10 bucks per discs...
OptimusPrimeX

Post by OptimusPrimeX »

dave4shmups....

did you say you got it working?.. If your using windows(which you prob are) then you can just use something like Internet Explorer or Firefox web-browser. I would highly recommend the *FIREFOX.. web browser*.. its so much more efficient and managable, as well as a TON safer.

anyhoo...I've been home allot more during the day and i haven't had any problems connecting. I also have a very fast Cable/Broadband connection

One question... maybe i missed it, but who's hosting this FTP site.. .. and Thanks ^_^

I want to download everything i can during the day, and store all of the vids in order on my computer, with origional names.

Is there a bandwith CAP for FTP(file transfer protocol)... like after a certain amount of downloads, thats it, or is it something else. I'm not sure, but is FTP running straight from someone's computer, or first uploaded onto a Server say at a college or something?....just curious

I'm knowledgable when it comes to computers, but when it comes to Website details and structure, i'm pretty limited.

I just dont want to take up too much of the downloads if its going to be a problem, because otherwise i'ma download everything i can.

And then that way i'll have them later if anyone needs them.
ArrogantBastard

The guy who's graciously allowing us access to his video replays FTP site is Jigsawman.