Opinions & suggestions on my website please.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Ord

Opinions & suggestions on my website please.

Post by Ord »

I've just set up my first ever website less than 24 hours ago, and would like some of your opinions and suggestions. It's geared more towards the manic style of shooter.
In truth there is nothing much there at the moment, but i'll hopefully get some reviews written up, and put up some vids within the week. If any of you folks fancy writing some reviews of your own and donating them to the site, feel free.
The title may be it bit crap but whay the hey.
I'm kind of proud of it, because i know nothing about web design etc, but i want to make it better. A lot better so any feedback from you folks would be deeply appreaciated, cause y'now the folks in Shmups.com are...
8)
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
system11

Post by system11 »

I've got one suggestion - might be worth dropping the embedded sound. I ended up with a media player opening, and splatting itself down on top of the browser window.

Good luck with the site, I run one that I tried to get people to write reviews for (a pinball site), and I ended up writing the majority myself.. In some ways, that's not a bad thing with a personal site, as people can get to know the reviewer better.
Ord

Post by Ord »

Thanks for the advice bloodflowers, the music sample is now down. I've added some screens of Ibara and i'm thinking of adding some shot's of Battle Garrega with some cave stuff to highlight the high Raizing influence.
To all you budding writers PLEASE don't be shy. I'm not after high literate pieces of art here, just passionate reviews of you fave manic shmup. some more opinions would be great to. Negative and positive, cheers :)
SPACE HARRIER

Post by SPACE HARRIER »

first of all,great website..
Maybey you can add a guestbook, so that people can write something in it.
I think your mainpage is a little bit to wide,i had to scroll it from left to right.
Keep up the good work GUNNER.
uwfan

Post by uwfan »

it should fit into the width of one screen. at the moment i have to scroll across to see the far right hand side of the screen, which doesnt look very good and is annoying.

Apart from that, its good so far. :)

format your headings/text/paragrpahs to look neat and tidy.

Also try and have a consistent format/font/layout/color scheme across different webpages of your website, it makes it look neater, porfessional and easy to use.
Ord

Post by Ord »

Thanks for the input folks i really appreaciate it. I've added a guestbook and tried to clean up the text a bit as well. I don't understand how the pages are to big for the screen. :? I don't have to scroll from left to right on my pc and i can't see any problems. Does anyone know how to shrink the screen in a bit? Do i have to mess around with the resolution or something? I'm a real dunce when it comes to that sort of thing so any help would be great.
Cheers.
stoneroses

Post by stoneroses »

Technical:
No issues found viewing on the Safari Mac Browser. Everything seemed to load fine, no resizing needed, all good. One lil' thing, the text links on your home page seem to need the www part on the URL link. They work on the navigation on the left but not in the body of the text.

Content / Other:
Very nice site man! A must for my bookmarks. I am looking forward to seing where it goes from here.

"It's all about the firepower baby!" -LOL, it would be cool to have more of those animations or an entire gallery of them. I love it.
Ord

Post by Ord »

First review now up, as always opinions appreaciated.