Dodonpachi DOJ vs. Ketsui? Help!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
99pence

Post by 99pence »

Kiel wrote:
99pence wrote:Do these games have the old copyright warning at the start? There wasn't a world release for these Cave games was there.
Yup, still has it.
Cheers.
"When we were talking to one of the executives at the BBC. And he said, 'Now hold on, this man is so incompetent why wouldn't he be fired?' and I said 'Go and take a look around this building. Just go and knock on a few doors.'" - Ricky Gervais
Dandy J

Post by Dandy J »

Anarchos wrote:Mesa wanta playyyy! Buying the PCB is just not reality for a student like me, but I still want to play it! Hm, when is it gonna show up on MAME? No rumours I wanna hear? :lol:
Doesn't every Cave game from DDPDOJ onward use different hardware than their previous games? I don't think this or any Cave game from DOJ and newer will be emulated for a looooooooong time. But hey, what do I know? Maybe I'm wrong.

Would've been nice to have a console port...
Anarchos

Post by Anarchos »

I would like Guwange, Dangun, Esprade and Ketsui on the PS2. That would indeed feel really nice. And oh, Progear of course. And Dragon Blaze (from Psikyo) on a DESCENT PORT. Heard bad things about Psikyo volume 1 and 2 so I'm kind of keeping my expectations low.
japtor

Post by japtor »

Doesn't every Cave game from DDPDOJ onward use different hardware than their previous games? I don't think this or any Cave game from DOJ and newer will be emulated for a looooooooong time. But hey, what do I know? Maybe I'm wrong.
yeah. the older games were on a 68k based board. doj, ketsui, and espgaluda are on modified igs pgm hardware. mushi and ibara are on a sh3 based board.
more info:
http://www.system16.com/other/hrdw_cave.html
http://www.system16.com/other/hrdw_pgm.html
no page up for the new hardware though.

i saw someone mention work was being started on the cave pgm stuff, or was delayed. or something, i forget. but it was mentioned for one reason or another. personally dont care other than for playing on my notebook away from home. course i have to wait a few years for game prices to come down but whatever, theyre worth it.

and i havent seen the copyright warning in a long time, by the time my screen displays an image its past it. only time id see it is going into the test menu and resetting, which i havent done in a while. which reminds me, whats the 'number of chutes' option in cave games?
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

damn hell ass I want this game! it looks pretty frickin' cool. hope i get to play it at the mid-w meet.

edit: to clear up the vagueness. i am talking about ketsui :D
I have no sig whatsoever.