Visionary Wings. A very nice new doujin stg. Check it out!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Super Laydock

Visionary Wings. A very nice new doujin stg. Check it out!

Post by Super Laydock »

Just found out about this quite nice doujin shmup from Nekomimino Kakerea.

http://www.nekomiminokakera.net/

It's still in development, but there's a trial verion available.
A distinct and nice graphical style and imho great music.
I love the crucifix bullet patterns on phase 2 as well.

Also you can have influence on changes in the final version, such difficulty, ammount of barrages, characters, backgrounds, etc. by filling in the questionaire on the site (use babelfish to translate the page and then it's easy to fill in).

Enjoy! :D
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
it290

Post by it290 »

Hmm, pretty neat. Very Touhou-esque though.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

i couldn't get the trial to work. the executable opens the game window, and the window stays white. thats it. :?

i'm going to try a fresh download, but ideas would be appreciated, this looks interesting.
I have no sig whatsoever.
wht11

Re: Visionary Wings. A very nice new doujin stg. Check it ou

Post by wht11 »

Yes, as in topic: still holds. However, did anyone ever run into the problem of replay desync in this game (v1.20)? I would highly appreciate some tips on the matter, it's a rather terrible example: desync each time, any settings.

It's a rare issue in itself and when it occurs I always wonder how could it be no one ever noticed, including devs. Somehow unlikely, so there's always a slight chance the problem is on my side and something could be done about it. A matter of newer system or maybe different input interpretation?

Anyways, it'd be utmost generous if a kind person could test it and at least confirm if it desyncs or not. Going through first stage and missing all remaining at start of second is more than enough, usually it's evident midway first stage.