Metal Black S-Tribute

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BIL

Re: Metal Black S-Tribute

Post by BIL »

hamfighterx wrote:
BIL wrote:Interesting, indeed. That's an excellent comprehensive response you posted in the article comments btw. Image
Ahhh that must be you with the glorious Garegga inspired name? Good stuff!
Yep! At first it had me down as "buns," which I suspect was a throwaway from many years back and I kinda like tbh :lol:
Steven

Post by Steven »

Damn, they actually cancelled half of the releases. Hopefully they will get the input lag to a level that's acceptable. If they do, I might actually get this on PC instead of on ACA.
FunktionJCB

Post by FunktionJCB »

Out now on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1913 ... _STribute/

Very affordable launch price (it's 6,29€ in Europe).
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

The price is decent if compared with the recent and expensive Elevator Returns S tribute. I'm surprised.

Enviado de meu 2201116SG usando o Tapatalk
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Puzzle Bobble 2 and 3 are out now too. I go to look up steam reviews and half the reviews complain about BAM3 being the Saturn version without saying anything about BAM2 or the emulation. What did they think the S stood for in S-Tribute?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

S=Steam?
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Jonpachi wrote:S=Steam?
Saturn...All of the S-Tribute titles have been based off Sega Saturn versions.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

^ Yeah I know. Dumb joke I was making.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

Saturn Puzzle Bobble 3 is great, I bought this no questions asked. They should do Saturn Bubble Symphony next!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

hamfighterx wrote:Saturn Puzzle Bobble 3 is great, I bought this no questions asked. They should do Saturn Bubble Symphony next!
When I tried the Saturn version on MiSTer, it had terrible load times (which I didn't experience with BAM '99 on PS1). Is the actual game like this or is it simply due to the nature of the MiSTer core? It's WIP and many games don't work yet, so it might be the core.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

Puzzle Bobble 2 (Japanese version) is fantastic. The US version is horrific. Quite possibly the worst localization ever.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

To Far Away Times wrote:Puzzle Bobble 2 (Japanese version) is fantastic. The US version is horrific. Quite possibly the worst localization ever.
Are you referring to the AC version? The home versions (which is what S-Tribute has) don't do any of that crap (aside from Taito Legends 2). Saturn BAM2 is nearly identical to the JP version, as far as I can tell. It even has the seasonal intros, edit mode, and the 2X modes intact (I have both versions on disc for Saturn). S-Tribute = Saturn versions.

The NeoGeo version of Bust A Movie Again still has the Bubble Bobble characters too.

Darn it. We had this conversation before. None of the US home versions of BAM2/Puzzle Bobble 2 were butchered except for Taito Legends 2. PSX, N64, GB, Saturn, and stand alone PC all have the BB characters and all the modes intact.

Video of US Saturn version

I don't think you have to worry about that butchered BAM Again getting ported again. ACA NeoGeo version is intact and if ACA gets to F3 it will most likely be the JP version.

Edit: Just remembered only the US PS2 "Puzzle Bobble 2" in TL2 was butchered. US PC version is intact.