keio flying squdron vs parodius da!?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
KimagureMachibuse

keio flying squdron vs parodius da!?

Post by KimagureMachibuse »

A intersting comparison i thought of between Parodius Da! released first in Arcades and Keio Flying Squadron for Mega CD both are horizontal shooters with an emphasis on weird visuals and colorful graphics which is what i like in a game.

I played Keio flying squadron for the first time on a Sega CD emulator specifically Keio Yugekitai and had a pretty fun time with it looks really vibrant for a mega drive game kind of reminded me of orydne in some aspects like with certain enemies and the artstyle of the game.

the game has a pretty interesting power up system with the green dragon that you ride the stage 1 theme was incredible however i really do not advise getting a physical copy for how pricey it is such a waste, japanese version is cheaper in comparison but still not the cheapest and not really worth it.

Parodius Da! Im way more familiar with but still have yet to play it on an actual console but what from i played in MAME it certainly was strange but in a good way really good looking game with plenty of colorful visuals and am absolutley in love with the soundtrack and easily surpasses all of the arcade gradius games. a cool sequel to the MSX game that precceded it.

Bassa-Bassa

Re: keio flying squdron vs parodius da!?

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

So you want to know which one has the weirdest visuals and most colorful graphics?
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

I prefer Cotton to both.

Enviado de meu 2201116SG usando o Tapatalk
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

KimagureMachibuse wrote:the game has a pretty interesting power up system with the green dragon that you ride the stage 1 theme was incredible however i really do not advise getting a physical copy for how pricey it is such a waste, japanese version is cheaper in comparison but still not the cheapest and not really worth it.
North American Sega CD and Saturn collecting has entered Neo-Geo AES territory price-wise. It's hardly surprising though... all of the heavily sought after niche games had relatively small print runs and now you have a much larger general player base showing interest combined with lunatics trying to assemble "complete collections" (I will never understand this behavior).

That said, I picked up my Mega CD copy of Keio Yuugekitai from Super Potato (of all places) for 4500 Yen back in 2006.