What is your most expensive shmup game you own?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Grinning Cat

Re: What is your most expensive shmup game you own?

Post by Grinning Cat »

Kiken wrote:Mind sharing some photos of the set before you sell it? And yeah, I've not seen one go up for sale so I have no idea what the going rate for it is.
No worries, will definitely try and stick some pictures in here when I eventually get as far as selling it :) Will need to grab some pictures before putting it for sale, anyway.
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

I don’t like thinking about it. I’m always worried about getting robbed and losing all my stuff or something else happening. Then I keep thinking should I sell. I’m getting old and work takes almost every drop of my energy now. Whatever I’ll probably just keep everything. It’s ridiculous how much some of this stuff goes for. It kind of sucks that building a collection is a hobby for the rich now. Picking up a used retro game used to be the some of the cheapest entertainment you could find.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

MOSQUITO FIGHTER wrote:I don’t like thinking about it. I’m always worried about getting robbed and losing all my stuff or something else happening. Then I keep thinking should I sell. I’m getting old and work takes almost every drop of my energy now. Whatever I’ll probably just keep everything. It’s ridiculous how much some of this stuff goes for. It kind of sucks that building a collection is a hobby for the rich now. Picking up a used retro game used to be the some of the cheapest entertainment you could find.
But then came the internet with youtube, marketplaces and ebay. Steroids for price hiking. Videogames got hurt the most though.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
cawley1

Post by cawley1 »

MOSQUITO FIGHTER wrote:I don’t like thinking about it. I’m always worried about getting robbed and losing all my stuff or something else happening. Then I keep thinking should I sell. I’m getting old and work takes almost every drop of my energy now. Whatever I’ll probably just keep everything. It’s ridiculous how much some of this stuff goes for. It kind of sucks that building a collection is a hobby for the rich now. Picking up a used retro game used to be the some of the cheapest entertainment you could find.
Well, glad to know I am not the only person who thinks like this! Theft is the main concern, but I also get woried on days with extreme weather that something else could go wrong.

I am lucky I have built up a huge colleciton over the last 25 years - I wouldn't be able to afford (or find) half of it these days.
Creamy Goodness

Post by Creamy Goodness »

Paid $90 for the M2 Ketsui. That was kind of a painful purchase.
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Sapphire : PCE.
Nexzr : PCE.
Metal Slug 3, Japanese, AES, first edition : NeoGeo.
Last-Resort , Japanese : NeoGeo.
ibara : PCB.
tatsujin-ou : PCB.
dogyyuun : PCB.
Alien Soldier : MD.
musha Aleste : MD.
Hyper Duel : Saturn.
Axelay : SFC.
R-Type III : SFC.

I never managed to get my hands on the original RECCA, famicom as it became too pricey for me to justify it.
I did however buy a reproduction from Battle Smurf some years ago which was really well done.
More Bromances = safer people